Thread: Fry's was EMPTY

Fry's was EMPTY

Granted, I haven't been to a Fry's Electronics in a long time. But we needed a 75 foot Ethernet cable so we headed on over. When we turned into the parking lot you would have thought they were closed. I don't think there were 12 cars in the parking lot. Once inside it did look like they probably aren't the brick and mortar powerhouse they used to be but... it just felt really weird. I don't think I've ever been there before where there weren't at least 200 cars in the parking lot.

Blog Entries
    Coronavirus scare, or just retailers unable to compete with Amazon? I stopped at Best Buy a couple of days ago with my nephew, hadn't been there for over a year.. And it seemed empty as well, fewer customers than reps.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I'm pretty sure a lot of it was with the new virus scare. But I still hated to see how empty the shelves were. We REALLY needed that Ethernet cable yesterday and it would have been a pain to have to locate her computer in a different room. Fry's really saved us. Call me old-fashioned but I still like to walk into a store and look around. I enjoy the interaction.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Fry's and Best Buy seem the only major electronics retailers still hanging on.. I do like browsing sometimes, but cables/adapters seem to be twice the price of online stores.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I do like browsing sometimes, but cables/adapters seem to be twice the price of online stores.
    I had no choice. BTW... I belong to 2 different gyms. I have to say I have not seen a reduction in members working out. I figure I'm healthy and if I get sick, I get sick. I just hope I'm not being too cavalier and my wife will have that statement put on my tombstone!