Thread: Ordering online: What a tangled web we weave

Ordering online: What a tangled web we weave

I received a Christmas gift from my brother and his wife. We opened it and found that the variety 6-pack of BBQ sauces contained a duplicate. I checked the website where he bought it and it appears to have been packed incorrectly. There should be 6 different bottles inside. Mind you, this does not really upset me, I just had some time and I thought I'd see if I could rectify the problem with a couple of clicks and an email.

The main website is for a nationally known BBQing and rubs place. So I go to the website and there is absolutely no way in the world to contact them. The only thing I can do is get in touch with their ad agency or post on Reddit. So I decide to go through the motions of ordering from the website and see if I can glean any info that way. After clicking on "Buy Now" it takes you directly to Amazon, what! I thought these guys were big enough to float a ship on their own. So... on Amazon it tells me it is shipped and sold by a completely different company, ok. But the packing list inside the box is from an even different company and the label on the box is from another company in Colorado Springs.

I worked in logistics my entire life but this is ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Lol, sounds like some drop-shipping fun cross-marketed on Amazon. Everyone is trying to resell/repackage the same stuff.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

It's amazing how much is just 3rd party stuff. If I can get even close to the same price I'll go directly to the manufacturer or supplier rather than Amazon

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Yeah can be dicey ordering online...I'm cautious with Amazon.
    I always prefer to shop local, direct, in a real place with real people..when I can. Being in small business I like giving business to other local businesses. The economy starts locally and radiates out!

BUT...sometimes ya gotta do online, and...
    So...I actually enjoy "Esty" more as a starting point. Seems to always be "real" people behind each store there....a little more artsy and personal.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Yeah can be dicey ordering online...I'm cautious with Amazon.
    I always prefer to shop local, direct, in a real place with real people..when I can. Being in small business I like giving business to other local businesses. The economy starts locally and radiates out!
    I too am beginning to examine any potential purchases from Amazon with a closer eye. I also prefer shopping local whenever there is a chance that sometime in the future I may need help with the item or there might be a reason to return it. By return it I mean something going wrong with it's constructions or quality. With Amazon people are returning things "just because". I will only buy certain specialty clothing items online. Everything else I want to see, feel and try on first. How people can buy shoes online amazes me. I want them on my feet and to be able to walk around the store before I decide on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Everyone is trying to resell/repackage the same stuff.
    Like my sex life (or lack thereof....)
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Nothing.... my sex life.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.