Thread: Any here tried the Halo Bolt power bank?

Any here tried the Halo Bolt power bank?

My friends have one and swear by it, especially after a 30 hour power outage last week and a 40 hour this week.

Basically a power bank the size of a VHS tape (for those of you old enough for the reference).
    https://www.halo2cloud.com/collectio...ger-car-jumper

About $50 cheaper on Amazon of course.

Couple of 2.4 amp USB ports, holds its charge for "up to 18 months" and has a very bright flashlight.

But you can charge a car with it (find it hard to believe but up to 50 times according to their site) or a run a 28" TV for over 3 hours.

And it comes with a frickin AC socket. Main reason I'm buying it.

During the last outage my friends ran their coffee grinder off it.

Ever since the first outage decades ago trying to smash coffee beans with a hammer I've had an emergency stash, but having a tiny power source like that would be helpful.

Due Monday, and no this is not spam Phillip.

Freakin' newbie with a drive by spam post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111

OMGHI2UHUMBY (you knew that it was coming, long overdue!!1 )

Humby, their are probably better options for just a bit more money, although I have never used one of those. Talk to the owners about the stand-by gennys that I told you about in other post and bring home 1 of their genny's home, with permission of course...
    You can get a small genny, (Champion is a very well respected off brand genny in the RV world... ) for very cheap. Let me know if you need more info.

XOXOXO!

The only backup we have is a small USB battery pack that will recharge our phones approximately 4 times. I carry it in my backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Freakin' newbie with a drive by spam post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111

OMGHI2UHUMBY (you knew that it was coming, long overdue!!1 )

Humby, their are probably better options for just a bit more money, although I have never used one of those. Talk to the owners about the stand-by gennys that I told you about in other post and bring home 1 of their genny's home, with permission of course...
    You can get a small genny, (Champion is a very well respected off brand genny in the RV world... ) for very cheap. Let me know if you need more info.

XOXOXO!
    True, but I really have little need for a generator. Lights would be nice but I have plenty of LED lanterns. Fan at night would be nice but not essential and not worth running the genny for.
    Fridge and freezer are pretty much empty.

Figured this would be handy to have in the car for the jump option.

The Jackery line looks awesome but more expensive than what I'm looking for.

https://www.jackery.com/

Got it this morning, delivered with 75% charge.

To 100% in about an hour, though I read a full charge takes 6-12 hours.

First, topped off my USB speaker and phone at the same time. Then I ground coffee.

It's rated to 50w max, but I ground coffee w/ a 130w grinder. Normally grind for about 6 seconds x 2.

First 6 fine, second 6 no juice after about 4 seconds and red light, but almost 3x it's rated power max.

Powered down, back on, green light, ground for another few no problem. Impressed.

Plugged my AC bedside fan in, ran it fine. Might use it tonight to see how long a run time I get...or just stash it away hoping for the best,and not waste the battery cycles.

It's always good to test things before you need to rely on them. I have a couple of self-contained, USB charging bicycle lights and the manufacturer says how long they should run at each of their settings so I decided to try them out. I just set it over in the corner while watching TV or hanging out and that way I'll see when it finally stops and mark the time. So far everything has run even longer than stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    It's always good to test things before you need to rely on them. I have a couple of self-contained, USB charging bicycle lights and the manufacturer says how long they should run at each of their settings so I decided to try them out. I just set it over in the corner while watching TV or hanging out and that way I'll see when it finally stops and mark the time. So far everything has run even longer than stated.
    Agreed, but the LiPo batteries have a finite number of charge cycles and I'm not cheap but I am thrifty.

Next time the power goes out and I use it to run the fan, if it dies during the night it's just an inconvenience.

Great LiPo article btw https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/lipo-batteries.html