Thread: Ubee DDW3611 and Hitron Tecnologies remote management via snmp mib

Ubee DDW3611 and Hitron Tecnologies remote management via snmp mib

I work in a small cable car company where we use DOCSIS to provide internet to our clients. Many of our cleitnes don't have enough skills to be able to set their Wi-Fi passwords and call us constantly so that we can set them again.
    We have several Ubee DDW3611 and Hitron Tecnologies CGN2-ROG so we could change these passwords securely using snmp OIDs ".1.3.6.1.4.1.4684.38.2.2.2.1.5.4.1.14.1.3.12" and ".1.3 .6.1.4.1. 4684.38.2.2.2.1.5.4.2.4.1.2.12 "for ubee and" .1.3.6.1.4.1.8595.62.3.1.3.1 "and" .1.3.6.1.4.1.8595.62.10.1. 10.1 "for the CGN2-ROG. But we verify that when we send the SET commands although the cable modem receives the data it does not apply it. Which makes us think that maybe we need to do something additional, maybe send an APPLY command but we don't find information about this.
    What OID is it? Can you help me, please?

Blog Entries
    Maybe someone who has experience with administering these can chime in, I can only offer you some general ideas.
    When you use snmpset, you must have some type of log of commands and responses. Does the modem respond that it accepted the command? If you don't have the log, it is somewhat hard to troubleshoot. Some of them you need to apply the data, but I am not sure about the OIDs on Hitron and Ubee.

I know some DOCSIS modems that work with the GI MIB set (Motorola and some Arris), after you set the SSID or WPA key, you have to run snmpset on OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.1166.1.19.51.1.5.100.0 using the Integer value 1 to apply wireless settings. If you walk that OID, it should return a value of 2.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Thank you very much for your collaboration!
    in both cases after sending the set command for the ssid or the password if we enter the modem web administration it shows the data sent in the set command. but the wifi still uses the previous ones, it only applies them after giving the button to apply in the web interface.
    We still can't find the necessary oid to apply the data

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Maybe someone who has experience with administering these can chime in, I can only offer you some general ideas.
    When you use snmpset, you must have some type of log of commands and responses. Does the modem respond that it accepted the command? If you don't have the log, it is somewhat hard to troubleshoot. Some of them you need to apply the data, but I am not sure about the OIDs on Hitron and Ubee.

I know some DOCSIS modems that work with the GI MIB set (Motorola and some Arris), after you set the SSID or WPA key, you have to run snmpset on OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.1166.1.19.51.1.5.100.0 using the Integer value 1 to apply wireless settings. If you walk that OID, it should return a value of 2.