Thread: Free email client?

Question Free email client?

I just saw that MS is no longer offering stand-alone versions of their Office products. I've always used them because I'm familiar with them and basically like them. I was going to grab a copy of Office 2019 (currently using 2010) while I still could but I started to think that since I'm no longer working and funds are getting tight that I'd like to switch to an Open Source solution. But, I still need to find a free, secure open source email client that I like. Suggestions?

ProtonMail. It's as near to secure as you'll find. They also have desktop clients - called a bridge - which will allow you to use ThunderBird to receive mail directly to your desktop. Apps for both iOS and Android are available. Login via browser is ofc an option as well. A Swiss company founded by CERN scientists who wanted to move on, their servers are in Switzerland, in what were nicked bomb shelters within the granite beneath the Swiss Alps. Check em out. They have free accounts as well as tiered accounts. No differences exist for security and privacy, what changes is storage, white-label domains, access to more of the VPN servers they also provide for free and tiered levels. I use a Plus account, the lowest tier, and it's more than enough unless one requires over 5GB of email & attachment storage, more than one custom domain, etc.

Blog Entries
    Open Office with Mozilla Thunderbird for email is the traditional alternative.

Thanks. As much as I've enjoyed and become familiar and comfortable with MS Office I'm just not having to rely on it as much as I did when I was in the work force. I loved have Access but I no long have the need to produce small specialty databases for fellow employees and things like that. I did use Open Office briefly and have nothing against it. Since I don't really want to spend the money for something I'm only going to be using, I think my MS Office days are done.

Blog Entries
    You also have the option of running one of the older stand-alone versions, they still work with Windows 10. For example Office 2007 with Service Pack 3 works just fine and has all the functionality minus the "cloudy" features.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I like using Mailbird Lite because I can integrate my FB, although this version supports one email acct only.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What type of email service are you connecting to?
    Check out EM Client
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!