Thread: MS Edge No Longer Runs On Facebook / Win10

MS Edge No Longer Runs On Facebook / Win10

Has anyone else had this problem? MS Edge ran great on FB for weeks, but lately has been giving me problems. The screen tends to freeze up. I cleared the cache and it still won't work right. After I log in to FB on MSE, a pop up opens and says "Turn on FB notifications?" Then when I try to select it to turn on, the pop up will not go away.

FB does work good on Google Chrome which I've used often in recent years but I prefer MSE bc it's got darker text and more vivid colors, plus it's been faster.

MS Edge still runs fine for me for other internet pages.

Update : I got MS Edge working on FB again. I noticed that MS One Drive was updating often and I think that was using up all my RAM or something. I turned that off, then went to FB on MSE, and it works again.

I'm going to disable that MS One Drive. It seems to be RAM hungry.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    OneDrive...I have many...many gigs of files synced across several computers thanks to OneDrive. It's great, consider it like redirected folders or an additional backup of your important user libraries (desktop, docs, pics, etc). Mine is using just around 20 megs.

If for some reason my laptop dies, I get a new one (or format/reinstall this one), sign into Office.com with my o365 account, and BOOM...sync all my files back thanks to OneDrive.

Although my daily driver browser is Chrome, I highly doubt OneDrive cause your issue...possibly a Windows update that didn't complete yet, or some plugin or add on you have in Edge.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

FB does work good on Google Chrome which I've used often in recent years but I prefer MSE bc it's got darker text and more vivid colors, plus it's been faster.
    My opinion is subjective but I have always considered Google Chrome as the fastest browser. And with MSE, I have the same association as with Internet Explorer, since for many years IE was considered the worst browser
    Maybe I should reconsider my views on Microsoft Edge.

Glad to hear it. I'll reinstall it when I get back on my Win10 PC and check the updates again.
    Thank you.