Thread: WSH in Windows 10?

Angry WSH in Windows 10?

Hi!
    I recently noticed in gpedit.msc in TCP parameters a parameter that which was named "Set the state of Windows heuristics" (something like that, I just have Russian parameter translate)
    And when i disabled it, in Tcpip\Parameters in registry appeared new parameter, called "EnableWsd".
    When i use netsh to disable wsh, this parameter didn`t appear

Blog Entries
    It is a setting that exists since Windows Vista and Windows 7, it is listed here:
    https://www.speedguide.net/articles/...08-tweaks-2574

It determines whether Windows can limit the RWIN (TCP Window) on its own. It happens if Windows detects packet loss. and tries to limit the RWIN value to cope with it.
    Does "netsh int tcp show global" say that Windows has limited autotuning, something like the following message:

** The above autotuninglevel setting is the result of Windows Scaling heuristics
    overriding any local/policy configuration on at least one profile

What does the TCP Optimizer say about "Windows scaling heuristics"?

What does this command say about "Windows Scaling heuristics"> netsh int tcp show heuristics ? (there is also a Powershell cmdlet variant of that command)

No, I mean that in Windows 10 disabling WSH in netsh no effect, but i found WSH in gpedit.msc
    And when i disabled it, in my Registry appeared a parameter named «EnableWsd»
    And i think that there is WSH in Windows10

Blog Entries
    Group Policy/gpedit.msc is only available in Windows 10 Pro though, not the Home version. You should be able to edit it with netsh or Powershell too, even if the Registry setting does not appear. Microsoft seems to be mixing different generations of those settings.

Stop, as I understand it, in Windows 10 is there still WSH? Just when I looked in netsh, it wrote there that WSH is not supported in this version of Windows, and in group policy it is conversely

Blog Entries
    Some parts of netsh are still possible. You can try: netsh int tcp show heuristics (you can also change it with: netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled)

You can also see it in powershell, with the command: Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName internet (look for the line "ScalingHeuristics")
    It can be changed in powershell with: Set-NetTCPSetting -SettingName InternetCustom -ScalingHeuristics Disabled (or "Enabled")