Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who rides here?Post a pic of your bike.

Who rides here?Post a pic of your bike.

I know some of you ride. What are you riding these days? Post a picture, let's see.

I've had this bike for 3 years now. Done a lot of cruising on it, and love how easy it is to throw it around.
    It's 26 years old, and still runs like a damn good sewing machine. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0006.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	1344

Good to see you Norm.

Beautiful bike.

Blog Entries
    Sweet ride... I like your trunk bag, I have a very similar one.

Mine is a 2003 HD Deuce, I've had it for almost 10 years now.

Name:	deuce.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	1345
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Nice ride there Philip.
    Mine is a 1993 1100 Shadow (designed to look a lot like a HD soft tail)

Don't ever leave food in the back bag. Freaking squirrels eat the damn bag to get at the food lol (I have a big hole in the top left corner to prove it.)

Hi Humbolt, good to see you old friend.
    -

Both are nice looking bikes! Good to see you around Normy! I hope that you are doing well!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Had to hang up riding end of 2018...my lower back getting really bad. I sure miss it. Used to get older Harleys and fix 'em up, ride for a while, sell, find another.
    My "Dyna"...started out life as an FXDBI Street Bob, converted to more of a classic SuperGlide.

Name:	josie1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	1346

After that I picked up a literal barn find, a Shovelhead FLHS. Tore her down, jugs off, quite a rebuild, rode her as a daily rider for several years. Was my favorite of Harleys...such as gorgeous "cadence" sound riding down the highway.

Name:	Shovel1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	1347

Wife got a sportster after that...

Name:	Sporty1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	1348

And then when the Shovelhead was done I sold her to a collector in PA...and wanted to get a Springer Softail. Found an nice older Evo powered one in New Hampshire...went and got that, did some fixin' on it to make it a bit "David Mann" style.
    This bike was comfortable...like riding down the highway on a cushy lazyboy recliner.

Name:	SpringerWork2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	1349

BUT...wifes eyes went...she couldn't ride anymore so last year we sold her Sporty. She preferred being behind me.
    And then my back blew out further...started getting "dead leg" a bit. I didn't want to ride with my wife on the back anymore, for fear of dumping it at a stoplight or stopsign or something and my leg would give out. So...sadly a few months ago (guess more than a few months ago...more like mid last summer)...sold her, also to another guy from PA.

My back is heading for a "fusion"...probably have that done in a year or so, and maybe a year after that if it seems solid again I'll go on the hunt for another older Harley. I really prefer the older "carb'd" Harleys....Evo or Shovelhead engines. Less of a fan of the twinkies or the newer M8s'.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Yeoldstonedcat

Some nice bikes there, I love the older Harley's.

- Sorry to hear you being forced to give it up. Hope it's only temporary and you recover well. I may have a solution for you. I noticed that not one of your bikes has a backrest for the pilot. Check out my backrest (I might patent it ) All it is is my bike cover wrapped in a couple of black cloth bags, and bungied to the frame. I lay back on that for a few hours sometimes before my back starts to act up. I pack it real tight so it takes all my weight. I don't like the factory backrests, they force up too straight which makes the bike feel awkward.

Hi Ken, No matter what happens, life rolls on buddy. We duck the ones we can see coming, and we suck up the rest then turn back to what we enjoy once again. I'm doing well and I hope you and the rest of the speedguide members can say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I noticed that not one of your bikes has a backrest for the pilot. Check out my backrest (I might patent it .
    I've done that for longer rides..when my wife isn't behind me. For one, when I rode to work, and to clients, I've have my laptop bag there, and often re-do my hippy blanket...utilizing that combined with my laptop bag to get some rest there.
    I also change whatever seats it came with and get the pillowtop "Regal Duke" models....has more of a "notch" there with the passenger pillion a bit higher...makes for a little lower backrest.

Oddly enough, riding itself was comfortable for me. Esp on my last bike, the Springer. My lower back didn't hurt while riding. (although it would kill me for the next few days). But what I did fear was the way it affects my sciatic nerve...at times my legs would feel like they would give out, or not have feeling. Scary not knowing if your landing gear would firmly deploy properly and support the bike coming to a stop at some intersection.

Good to see ya around! And happy to hear you are doing well!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    For one, when I rode to work, and to clients, I've have my laptop bag there, and often re-do my hippy blanket...utilizing that combined with my laptop bag to get some rest there.

Hippy blanket? Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Hippy blanket? Do tell.
    An adult diaper... When SCat gets happy, he drips!

Hippy blanket? Do tell.
    Ya know...to pull over, have a picnic with a Babe..'n stuff.....
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Ya know...to pull over, have a picnic with a Babe..'n stuff.....
    Yep, always be prepared for what rarely happens

As you can see I even had a blanket on my last bike as well.

Name:	PICT0076.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	1352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0074.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	1353

Blog Entries
    I have a Bianchi, if that counts

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Heck yeah it counts! I bought a Bianchi Ibex in 1993 and still ride it to this day. 5 miles before work every morning at 0515. Put at least 3500 miles on it while living in Japan. Bike must have over 20,000 miles on it. Have thought about a new one several times, but good lug frame bikes are crazy high.

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    5 miles before work every morning at 0515.
    Nice bike, but I must ask what the HELL you're doing up at 5:15 AM.

Nice bike, but I must ask what the HELL you're doing up at 5:15 AM.
    If I didn't live in Illinois, I'd be retired and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Of course it counts David. But we're going to need proof. Where's the pic?

Good to see you're still around old friend. Hope you and your family are well.

I don't put restrictions on my threads David. Anyone can post anything they want to post. (Well, with 1 exception:no pics of MadDoc's ride, this is a family site )

From skateboards and scooters to homemade contraptions, all are welcome. Let's see what our friends are riding these days.
    Heck people, drop in and say hello if you like, and keep your ride a secret.

Heck yeah it counts! I bought a Bianchi Ibex in 1993 and still ride it to this day. 5 miles before work every morning at 0515. Put at least 3500 miles on it while living in Japan. Bike must have over 20,000 miles on it. Have thought about a new one several times, but good lug frame bikes are crazy high.
    Hello there Leatherneck, nice bike you have there. I remember you from years ago as well. Don't recall our conversations, but do recall you being a friendly sort.
    Good to see you're still around as well old friend. Also good to see you're keeping in shape riding a bike. I wish I had kept my old bike and used it more.

It's really good to see all you guys. I truly wish I had the stamina to ride around for a year or so visiting each and every one of you.
    Last edited by Norm; 04-07-19 at 09:56 AM. Reason: fixing quote close

Hi Norm, good to see you post. My username was Bigmo66 for about 5-7 years and then had it changed to Leatherneck. Can't believe we have been here this long.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Hi Norm, good to see you post. My username was Bigmo66 for about 5-7 years and then had it changed to Leatherneck. Can't believe we have been here this long.
    Ah yes that explains it. I have good memories of talking to Bigmo66, possibly subconsciously I knew you were him, who knows.

There was a time it seemed everyone was changing their usernames, and it got quite confusing for me. I started with a different username, used it for about a year I believe, then I figured since I was among friends decided to use my real name. Others were changing their names so often I lost track altogether.

You know, it really has been a long time for the members still here posting. We had/have a great bunch of people here at speedguide. Something to cherish.