Thread: Coffee maker with cone filter?

Coffee maker with cone filter?

Getting really hard to find.

I normally have 1 mug (2 cups) feeding the dogs, showering and getting out of the house, and another heading to work.

Just prefer cone filters, but damn if I can't find any coffee makers that aren't 12 cup or have built in milk-frothers.

Typically just boil water and manually pour through a filter cone on top of the carafe.

Great coffee, but having a maker would be handy again.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I converted over to french press style for home...coffee is sooo much better tasting.
    BUT..to answer your question for cone filter, we have a little (cheap) Cuisinart 4 cup coffee maker for the boat. And got the additional gold permanent coffee filter for it (since I don't feel rinsing coffee grounds into the river is pollution). The model we got is stainless for the pot (instead of glass....so it won't break..safer on the boat).
    It's not a true round cone..but cone with the flat end on the bottom. Not sure of the model Cuisinart..but if you google up cuisinart 4 cup prolly find it.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    I like cone filters better as well.
    They have a Black&Decker DCM18S ($24 on Amazon) that uses a cone filter and fills a stainless 15-oz mug..
    There are those cone fitlers with flat bottoms you can use...

But yeah, YOSC is closer to the point, Cuisinart makes some models that use cone filters to boot, so does Hamilton Beach.

Here are a couple of models:
    Hamilton Beach (I like this brand coffee makers) : https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beac...qid=1546527415
    Cuisinart: https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC...qid=1546527415

There are some bigger ones out there, other brands too (even though I haven't tried one): Gourmia GCM1835

I'll check those out, thank you.

French press has never done it for me despite all the rave reviews my friends and co-workers have.

Just weird I can go to Target and out of 12 coffee makers every one is a basket style.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    I'll check those out, thank you.
    French press has never done it for me despite all the rave reviews my friends and co-workers have.
    Just weird I can go to Target and out of 12 coffee makers every one is a basket style.
    I use a French press daily now. Tried 'em years ago and never liked the outcome, could never "get it right".
    But I finally was taught how to use a French press the right way and by trial and error realized the right amount of grounds to use per cup.

The right amount of grounds depends upon the type of coffee beans you buy. I like Starbucks Verona coffee so that's what I buy. I have them grind it specifically for French press.

Any brand or type of coffee MUST be ground very course for French press. Drip coffee requires a fine ground and that ground won't work well in a press.

Next, pour the hot water over the grounds in the flask. The water should NOT be boiling temp, it should be slightly lower, best at around 190 degrees. I use a tea kettle to boil the water and turn OFF the heat when the first steam begins to exit the spout.

After pouring the water, stir it all up real good & put the press on the flask at the top to prevent heat from escaping.

Let it sit FOR AT LEAST 4-5 minutes. Then press it down and our your cup of coffee.

IMHO French press coffee is the best tasting coffee when it's done right. It's well worth the trial and errors until you get it suited to your own tastes.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I start pressing the french press at the 4 minute mark, done and pouring it into the carafe at the 4:30 mark.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    I use a superautomatic espresso machine, Saeco Odea that I've had for 5+ years and I am very happy with. You can adjust the cup size and get a shot of good, freshly ground coffee just by pressing a button. The frother is not amazing, but I am too lazy to make other coffee drinks usually.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I think one thing we can all agree upon is that you need to grind your beans as fresh as you can.

I really miss the single travel mug coffee maker I use to have. I'm sure they're still out there but I'm too lazy to look.