Thread: Forgot to Backup TCP Optimizer

Forgot to Backup TCP Optimizer

I run TCP optimizer under optimal settings. There was a file generated FirstBackup.spg.What program would i use to open if it is a backup? Or would setting the optimizer back to windows defaultwork? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Welcome to SG

Setting the Optimizer back to Windows defaults will return to the Windows default settings (which may be different than your current settings when you first ran the TCP Optimizer).

The backup .spg file can always be opened from the "File > Import", or the "File > Restore.." menu in the TCP Optimizer, it can restore to your current settings when you first ran the program. You don't necessarily need it, just another option/precaution in case you want to revert to those exact settings before the Optimizer made any changes.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Thanks, I keep getting logged out before I can post. I use to be a member here years ago but now it says something about restricted. Anyway I need to relearn in my old age. What I am trying to do is improve my game play, csgo on steam.
    The optimizer reads like this. Any help is appreciated

SpeedGuide.net TCP Analyzer Results
    Tested on: 2018.12.30 21:11
    IP address: 75.167.xx.x
    Client OS/browser: Windows 10 (Firefox 64.0)

TCP options string: 020405b401010402
    MSS: 1460
    MTU: 1500
    TCP Window: 17520 (multiple of MSS)
    RWIN Scaling: 0 bits
    Unscaled RWIN : 17520
    Recommended RWINs: 64240, 128480, 256960, 513920, 1027840
    BDP limit (200ms): 701kbps (88KBytes/s)
    BDP limit (500ms): 280kbps (35KBytes/s)
    MTU Discovery: ON
    TTL: 117
    Timestamps: OFF
    SACKs: ON
    IP ToS: 00000000 (0)

Blog Entries
    The Analyzer results seem ok, although they can't see all the Optimizer settings.

If you have already applied the "Optimal" settings with the TCP Optimizer, take a look at this gaming tweaks article for some additional pointers: https://www.speedguide.net/articles/gaming-tweaks-5812

Most of the tweaks in the article can easily be applied with the TCP Optimizer with a couple of exceptions, just check the appropriate settings in the Advanced tab of the program, corresponding to the headings.

Thanks, Yes latency I believe is my biggest issue. Steam or Valve as its called has made a lot changes, some good & bad that it seem they are going sideways instead of forward.
    There is an entry on steam called net_graph. It shows ping to the server. How would I go about finding that address to run a tracert or ping?

Under gaming tweaks, Disable Nagle's Algorithm, I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\ Then there was no reference to {NIC-id} and my IP address was not there. Windows 10 is up to date, version 1809. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Blog Entries
    You don't have to enter the values manually. The TCP Optimizer can do it, just look in the Advanced tab.

About the registry, under the "...Interfaces.." key, there should be a few alphanumeric ids enclosed in curly brackets, those are the IDs of the network adapters (including some virtual ones). The IP address would be your local IP provided you're behind NAT.

I completely overlooked that option. I feel somewhat less intelligent now. There are 3 sets of numbers & I am not sure about being behind NAT or what I check. Is there some significance in knowing my local IP as opposed to my IP address of 75.167.--.- something? Thanks