Thread: [Router] Packet loss normal? ( 40-50% )

[Router] Packet loss normal? ( 40-50% )

Hello Speedguide,

I am slowly despairing to find a solution for the problem. I have already contacted my internet provider but it did not work.
    My Problem is i have Issues with Hit detection ( Hitreg ) since i moved from my old place. Even Tweaks are not helping, not even 1%.

When i shot at someone the most time it feels like more then 60% is gone lose on the way.(Not only CSGO all Online Games)
    Or sometimes Shots are not registered from Server. ( I clearly saw it when i shot at the Window in CSGO like 3-4 Times and the Window is not broken i only see Bulletshole or when i Shot at the Chicken i see Bloodpattern on )
    Other Game, i was shooting someone Close Distance with Shotgun in the Head normaly instant dead, but my friend was Spectating me and said, i didnt even shot at him on his end. ? WTF

I Found out that PingPlotter and WINMrt showes me Packetloss on my Router, like 40-60%.

Is it normal, i asked in ISP Forum and they Said its normal because ICMP Packets got blocked from Router, but now i dont believe it. Because i cant find any Solution for that Problem and i was testing it with 2 PCs both PCs Router has Packetloss and i
    tried 4 Different Routers with Differents Cables, same Issue. So now what? Is something wrong? Or not?

WinMRT:

PingPlotter

Router DSL Information:

DSLReports:
    http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/42753069

Line:
    http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest/2.../3497999?r=279

Traceroute with UDP:

Btw. I asked technician when he checked my Line. He Only did Down/Upload Speedtest and checked FEC Error with a Device on my Phone Port. WOW
    About PingPlotter he said he has no Idea about it.

Sorry for my bad English
    Last edited by st1cky; 12-05-18 at 02:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    ICMP Pings have lower priority, and it is entirely possible that they are being discarded. You are not experiencing 40-60% packet loss.
    Your line attenuation seems fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    ICMP Pings have lower priority, and it is entirely possible that they are being discarded. You are not experiencing 40-60% packet loss.
    Your line attenuation seems fine too.
    Hey Phil,
    What is happening when you switch ICMP to UDP and Traceroute?
    I got Packet Lose with UDP on some HOPS . Now i have no Packet Loss anymore with ICMP since 1:00am-5:50am and i didnt change anything.

Blog Entries
    Hi st1cky

ICMP is usually given lower priority, and packets are dropped by some routers/nodes if they are deemed to be sent "too oftern" (ping flood), or, if the device is currently busy/congested by higher priority traffic.

UDP is a "stateless" protocol, in other words packets have no ACK (delivery confirmation), so you don't know whether they have been received or not.

TCP on the other hand has ACK - acknowledgements of received packets, delivery confirmation and retransmissions, so it is used for traceroutes in some OSes by default instead of ICMP (Linux).