Thread: TCPOptimizer keeps asking for

TCPOptimizer keeps asking for

TCPOptimizer.exe keeps asking for a file. "How do you want to open this file?" and i don't know why it asks for this, i've been using this program for like 4 months and worked flawlessly, i was doing tweaks to the OS and i think w\e i did now makes TCPOptimizer not change my settings now. Anyone can help me? It leaves a .SPG file afterwards like usual but i don't think my settings are being changed properly. I don't know why.

I've tried Restore my Windows default settings, didn't work.
    Reset TCP/IP, didn't work
    Reset Winsock, didn't work
    and then restarted too.

Does disabling "Turn Windows features on or off" cause any problems maybe? I only have net frameworks enabled and i've had it like this for probably a month now and my tcpoptimizer worked before. Anyway to use CMD or powershell to reset this? Maybe thats the problem.

Can you provide some screenshots with the error? You redownload it? Maybe you have a virus, I see this kind of virus how works like this, mess with executables files to not let any antivirus for instalation or program! Mess with registry is bad if you don't know what you are doing and the internet is full of them! It is like a soup, you want to drop out everything in it and you expected to be good and you end up trow it in trash!

Blog Entries
    The TCP Optimizer does not need to open any files, are you sure the message isn't from another program?

Its not from another program, for some reason it keeps asking for a file to open when i have it run as admin...

It never had this problem before... Anyways, since i can't set my profile for CUBIC/CCTP or w\e i just went and did this instead:
    Set all my settings to what i want right? Even though it won't set afterwards, what i did was check the end screen for results with "Value" & "Path" and used that to modify it using regedit, powershell, CMD.

Not sure why my program is having problems.

I've redownloaded from this site, its from this site indefinitely. I can't provide screenshots because that would mean i have to reopen it and i'm scared it'll reset my setting even though i didn't press "Apply." It's because of the setting appearance, you have default, current, and so forth and i just don't wanna mess with the results. It always happens after i open the .exe file now. I've tried to default this program to using TCPOptimizer and still does it, .SPG file is not listed in my defaults for windows, can't find anything on it... Maybe for some odd reason its happening like that now. Maybe its a windows update that corrupted it and makes it like this. I'm not going to touch it lol. I just use CMD, powershell, Regedit for all my edits.

Blog Entries
    The TCP Optimizer can use a .spg file to backup current settings, to export/save and import settings. All those options in the "File" menu. File associations is a Windows function, and opening files on Windows startup, or even opening the TCP Optimizer is not necessary.

If you figured out a way to do it that's great.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑