Thread: I'm getting a little tired of Netflix

Post I'm getting a little tired of Netflix

It seems that more and more they are promoting and showing more of their own content than movies. The selection of movies with a regular subscription seems to have really worn thin. It seems if I want to watch any mildly current content (movies) I'll need to enroll in their next level of service, thus doubling my monthly fee. I just can't seem to sit through any of their original content. I mean, I've watched a couple of them but after about the 2nd or 3rd episode I just feel like I'm being sucked into a low budget, drawn out time killer and eventually stop watching it. I also wish they had as part of their search feature the ability to search for movies that are not produced by Netflix.

Blog Entries
    Their current movies selection is wearing thin, you are right. I went without Netflix for a couple of years because of this, until TMobile added them for free with mobile service.

I disagree on their original content though, they increase their spending every year, it is now over 7 Billion for 2018 I believe, up another billion from last year. It may take some additional growing pains to get it right, however, in my opinion every network and HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu are all competing on original content lately, bringing much more quality higher budget TV Shows. Or it could just be me lowering my standards over time, idk
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I'm a big fan of the netflix stuff, Altered Carbon has been amazing. Netflix can't buy the movie rights they want at a reasonable price, bunch of other hurdles there, so they went and bought their own content, smart move, but makes the movie lineup pretty stale.

Netflix doesnt have enough to keep me year round, but I grab a month here and there to binge it.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    I'm a big fan of the netflix stuff, Altered Carbon has been amazing. Netflix can't buy the movie rights they want at a reasonable price, bunch of other hurdles there, so they went and bought their own content, smart move, but makes the movie lineup pretty stale.

Netflix doesnt have enough to keep me year round, but I grab a month here and there to binge it.
    Yep. I don't watch movies on NF very much but I do watch their documentaries, outdoors and other scientific stuff.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I have noticed that if you go up to the next level the movies you can choose from seem to be more recent releases and a bit better.

But I have thought about doing what Yard said, subscribing for 3 or 4 months during the year at different times and then just getting my fill then.

Damn good movie I watched last weekend with Michael Fassbender.

Slow West, only 80 minutes but worth checking out. Won the Sundance dramatic award.

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post

This it pretty much it-- online content is now being balkanized now that the producers of it realize how low the barriers to entry are so netflix is having to turn more into a 'premium' cable channel. They still get some new movies, for a limited time, but mostly try and produce/own their own content. The value per month of netflix is still at or above HBO or Showtime so it's working.
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Just recently I've started receiving emails about twice a week from Netflix telling me about things I might enjoy. That never happened before.