Thread: Just checking up on you people...

SG Enthusiast

Just checking up on you people...

Such great names here I remember. All good people.

I can't say that I missed ya that much but I am honored that my name is still among you fabulous geeks. And no, I'm not a troll. It's the real me.

Everyone have a fabulous summer!

Oh, I am curious.....how many of you voted for Trump? What do you think of him now? I think he's a mess but he's getting stuff done. Sort of like a drunk housekeeper.

Blog Entries
    Heh, of course you missed us

How's life?
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Heh, of course you missed us

How's life?
    Hi Philip,

Hope you don't mind me barging in after a few years away. Good to see so many old "names" here! I thought every one was at facebook.

I've had a tough five years, lost some close friends, relatives, my parrot and five dogs. Got old (er), geeezzz, why'd you ask? Politics sucks. Everybody wants to rule the world.

So, how's it going here? Any changes? Still a beautiful site for, you know, geeky stuff.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Not at all, good to see you around. Sorry to hear about your losses , and yeah, politics has definitely got uglier.

Not many changes, the forums did slow down quite a bit, but we have a few of the regulars hanging around

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnn View Post
    Hi Philip,

Hope you don't mind me barging in after a few years away. Good to see so many old "names" here! I thought every one was at facebook.

I've had a tough five years, lost some close friends, relatives, my parrot and five dogs. Got old (er), geeezzz, why'd you ask? Politics sucks. Everybody wants to rule the world.

So, how's it going here? Any changes? Still a beautiful site for, you know, geeky stuff.

Thanks.
    Hey again

What kind of parrot?

Just curious. I've owned 2 greys and a B&G Macaw, lived with more greys, eclectus, lovebirds, tiels.

Work selling pet supplies and am very familiar with a lot of the more popular birds out there.

And no, I'm not a troll.
    *snicker*
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I don't want another checkup! The infection will maybe go away on its own for awhile again.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I don't want another checkup! The infection will maybe go away on its own for awhile again.
    Use the cream like I told you!!!!!
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Hey again

What kind of parrot?

Just curious. I've owned 2 greys and a B&G Macaw, lived with more greys, eclectus, lovebirds, tiels.

Work selling pet supplies and am very familiar with a lot of the more popular birds out there.
    I've had a few parakeets, a grey and yellow tiel and my beloved Quaker Parrot, Tazz. Also known as a Monk Parakeet. He had the intelligence of a two year old. Could actually have a conversation with you. Had him for 22 years. That was a tough loss. But, I'm a bird person anyway so any birds just steal my soul. I've had two cats, a black lab, a golden retriever, a border collie right from the moors of England, and five bichon frise's that took over the house. I mean they acted like they were the family pets when company came around but when we were alone, they ruled. Tough bunch. The veterinarian staff used to call them the Bichon Mafia.

No pets right now. It's kind of nice to be my own boss again. Hey, nice to hear from you again!!

SG Enthusiast
    I heard that snicker.

Your secret is safe with me, MadDoctor.

SG Enthusiast
    Hi Randy, that's way too much information, actually.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Not at all, good to see you around. Sorry to hear about your losses , and yeah, politics has definitely got uglier.

Not many changes, the forums did slow down quite a bit, but we have a few of the regulars hanging around
    This kind of site is so much nicer than facebook. But I don't see many discussion sites around anymore. Facebook to me is like the dark side.

Blog Entries
    Well, kids are running away from Facebook to other social platforms, and Facebook by itself has a different focus I suppose - family/friends/acquaintance voyeurism of sorts, combined with likes and IMs. Unfortunately you are right, technical discussion forums with a bit of flair/friendships/spice gathered around common interests are rarer these days. People ran to Google/Reddit/Facebook, the topics and platforms are shifting, the net is ever-expanding, common users have less time and patience to get technical, etc.

I heard that snicker.

Your secret is safe with me, MadDoctor.

Damn

Do you take pay-pal?

Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
    Hey there Sarahnn, good to see you are still coming to visit. I am still interested in coming to visit.
    Amazing to believe that I have been a member since 2000, 18 yrs and still able to learn