Thread: Changes from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7

Changes from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7

I had currently setup TCPoptimizer using version 4.0.6.0.

I noticed you guys released a new version with some changes "Updated Congestion Control Provider command, added "CUBIC" and "NewReno" algorithms introduced with Windows 10 Creators Update"
    Now I fired up 4.0.7.0 just to see and noticed the Congestion Control Provider values changed to CUBIC.
    Where version 4.0.6.0 shows blank but if you export current values 4.0.6.0 has CongestionProvider=-1 and 4.0.7.0 shows CongestionProvider=5

This is w/o changing anything, so I guess the best solution would be to use 4.0.6.0 and set it back to windows default and then use 4.0.7.0 to optimize.

But the main question is it really worth redoing, are the changes major?
    I am on latest win10 1709.
    Edit: I just checked "netsh int tcp show global" and it says add on Congestion Control Provider is default, I could of sworn I used optimize setting which is ctcp
    Last edited by Edkiefer; 04-22-18 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    TCP Optimizer 4.0.7 reads that setting correctly. You can verify it if you start Powershell, with the following command for Windows 10:

Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName "Internet"

The previous version of the Optimizer wasn't aware of "CUBIC" and "NewReno" algorithms, as they did not exist with older Windows 10 builds.

The Optimizer reads the values at startup, that doesn't mean that's what it applies when you choose the "optimal" settings. The changes are not huge with the new build, up to you whether you want to reapply them.. It doesn't take long

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    TCP Optimizer 4.0.7 reads that setting correctly. You can verify it if you start Powershell, with the following command for Windows 10:

Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName "Internet"

The previous version of the Optimizer wasn't aware of "CUBIC" and "NewReno" algorithms, as they did not exist with older Windows 10 builds.

The Optimizer reads the values at startup, that doesn't mean that's what it applies when you choose the "optimal" settings. The changes are not huge with the new build, up to you whether you want to reapply them.. It doesn't take long
    Ok, Thanks, I reset windows settings to stock with 4.0.6.0 and then enabled optimal in 4.0.7.0 and this is results.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName "Internet"

SettingName : Internet
    MinRto(ms) : 300
    InitialCongestionWindow(MSS) : 10
    CongestionProvider : CTCP
    CwndRestart : False
    DelayedAckTimeout(ms) : 40
    DelayedAckFrequency : 2
    MemoryPressureProtection : Disabled
    AutoTuningLevelLocal : Normal
    AutoTuningLevelGroupPolicy : NotConfigured
    AutoTuningLevelEffective : Local