Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TCP Optimizer needs new version since v1709 Windows Update [updated]

Yes you asked me once about the RSS Queues and I hesitated to answer because I plan to make my own program some time or work with someone who already have such program. This is my own tweak I found tweaking the registry and you cant find this in internet. For now I think the RSS Queue .reg file tweak I made works for my NIC only. I guess I can make a tutorial in my blog how to make it for every NIC when i have time. BTW Smart PC Utilities gave me a licence code for a year to GameFirePro as a "thanks" for my help with some of the tweaks in the program.

Quote Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post
    Yes you asked me once about the RSS Queues and I hesitated to answer because I plan to make my own program some time or work with someone who already have such program. This is my own tweak I found tweaking the registry and you cant find this in internet. For now I think the RSS Queue .reg file tweak I made works for my NIC only. I guess I can make a tutorial in my blog how to make it for every NIC when i have time. BTW Smart PC Utilities gave me a licence code for a year to GameFirePro as a "thanks" for my help with some of the tweaks in the program.
    I know you hesitated haha ,
    Goood Job, when will it released?
    I tried in Registry, i think its driver related or CPU? You cant change it in Powershell and i tried in Registry with. I will find a way :P
    I got I7 7700k.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{b44d55cc-dc3c-42f7-a067-eade0196bfd4}

DWORDS:
    NumberOfReceiveQueues
    MaxNumRssCpus

Source:

http://www.monitis.com/blog/performa...bsystempart-1/
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rss-processors

Not working lol

@jack37
    First thank you about what you said about us.
    Second:

What you mean here? They way you say it it comes out that the unpark tweak is not unparking? Can you clarify because you say they dont work. You need the cores Unparked not Parked.
    Third: Whats this "FlipbyFlip metering" ? Is this something to do with FPS Limitter? Are you refering to this link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1270041177
    Give some info.
    Hi
    Yes you read it correct. AFTER running St1ckys batch file, and restarting, my cores PARK !. And they were unparked before. So I reverted back and deleted those lines about core "unparking" (for me they were core "parking ). Now everything is ok. I also deleted a command that cleared my Tasks (startup) and as much I like having a clear system I vould rather not start up manualy every program I need every day (for example Throttlestop or clevo control centar ).
    For drivers I completely agree as learned (again) just recently with Realtec audio driver.... It cost me a day of my life to figure that when you loose your mic after Realtec driver install, it is most probably a faulty driver...

About Nvidia Profile Inspector, yes again, I was reffering to that link. Although one can find some rare discusions on the net about this specific setting, and although many claim it is a placebo since frame limiter (v1) is OFF just one line above, it gives me a much much smoother experince in game, without stuttering or rubberbanding (CSGO ofc). All players actually walk with full motions wisible and there is no step skipping or gliding. Actually St1ckys batch file and NPI are the only two things (well 2 major tweak sets) I do before playing and I can just confirm that my hitreg is in a DREAM zone. On steam servers my bullets seem to stick no matter how bad I aim!!!

More about Nvidia: it pissed me of that every time Nvidia calls home it would reset it settings, no mater what component would call home. Upgrading the driver being the obvious one, but also Nvidia Control Panel, or Nvidia Telemetry. I have them all disabled, but still sometimes my game settings in NCP would reset out of nowhere. SO by following a guide on 3d guru about NPI, I set up my own general and CSGO profile (or for any other game) and set it to autostart every time when a computer starts by creating an open file asociation for my saved profiles and saving them in startup folder..... So now every time I start my laptop, no mater what Nvidia does, my settings load and execute with NPI and by by bad hitreg !!!!!!
    I belive NPI Is a very powerfull tool which is soo neglected. Also thanks for your Ethernet settings. LOL. You could save you the trouble and just write that everything is disabled or off!!!! How on earth do you still have internet acces?! LOL

Also thanks to St1cky for the video....

@St1cky
    Go..go..go. we are all waiting for that BIOS low latency tweaks video...
    Just kidding OFC. It would be nice when you have time.

Hey Jack37,

I was sending now 2 Messages but i dont see them in the Sent Folder what the ****?
    You got the messages?

My Steamprofil:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/st1cky93

10% is much yes. Didnt know but you need music volum for the 10Sec Warning. thats why its important XD
    1920x1080 240hz 1ms

Now i done sometesting lol

Look at that..

Highest Peek was 60Ás. ( was running 2min )

Yeah i will do it soon. Maybe this Weekend. lol

@st1cky
    Yes you probably tried an old article for Windows Server 2003 or 2016 commands, I say it without even see the links
    I will share but i want to public it on my blog first. i hope thats ok with you
    "when will it released?" If you talk about when Ill make the tutorial-im not sure exactly, as soon i have time I guess. If you're talking about GameFirePro heres the link to the software: https://www.smartpcutilities.com/index.html
    Their PC Services Optimizer is also very good but they made it payed. When I had Windows 8 it was free software. Im not sure whats like the free version these days.
    btw these are very impressive latency times but i see the nvidia kernel mode drivers time is 2x bigger than mine (around 133)

@jack37
    Yes this tweak you talk stops the Task Scheduler, thats why your programs dont run at Start Up. About the Nvidia Inspector when you make the change and hit APPLY you dont tweak just that specific tweak but all the tweaks in the inspector These are optimal for every game tweaks. Thats a common case when someone copy/paste a tweak he saw in internet and decide to "make a tutorial" - they dont know what they are doing & just repeat what they saw and most times its semi accurate So with Nvdia Inspctor you make a bunch of tweaks to your drivers not just one specific tweak.
    Question :Whats NPI tool? Pls post a link.

And about st1cky batch file: I think these tweaks are not working. Some of them are way back from Windows Vista and even XP days.Now Win10 make some of these in more efficient way, maybe though drivers (tip* if you know how to tweak tcpip.sys this would be a breakthrough), some of them are old names for existing registry settings, some of them were in different parts of the registry.

REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableDCA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableWsd /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableTCPA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v DisableLargeMTU /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableConnectionRateLimiting /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TCPMaxDataRetransmissions /t REG_DWORD /d 00000005 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpNumConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 00000500 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpCreateAndConnectTcbRateLimitDepth /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v KeepAliveTime /t REG_DWORD /d 7200000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v QualifyingDestinationThreshold /t REG_DWORD /d 00000003 /f

Here is a link of a batch file i made to temporary disable some of the unneeded for gaming services. Run it every time before ganming. You can watch in TaksManager Services tab when do it its not perfect, depending on your services settings it will try to disable some protected services, just hit Y when it asks you.
    https://mega.nz/#!p8JzWKRS!eUQooelD8...FwvdDJtKLJSWP8

Ye i have intention for Bios Tweak tutorial too but the time is always not enough
    Im working slowly on an ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE GUIDE.rtf but idk when im going to finish it. Maybe when the new Battlefield V game comes out.

Unfortunately many competitive players know my blog now and the advantage I would have will be lost so you see my dilemma here If they play only CSGO i have no problem but when they are competing against me in Battlefield ...

ps. I just saw I have already posted this batch file in a previous post.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 03-24-18 at 03:58 AM.

@st1cky
    Yes you probably tried an old article for Windows Server 2003 or 2016 commands, I say it without even see the links
    I will share but i want to public it on my blog first. i hope thats ok with you
    "when will it released?" If you talk about when Ill make the tutorial-im not sure exactly, as soon i have time I guess. If you're talking about GameFirePro heres the link to the software: https://www.smartpcutilities.com/index.html
    Their PC Services Optimizer is also very good but they made it payed. When I had Windows 8 it was free software. Im not sure whats like the free version these days.
    btw these are very impressive latency times but i see the nvidia kernel mode drivers time is 2x bigger than mine (around 133)

@jack37
    Yes this tweak you talk stops the Task Scheduler, thats why your programs dont run at Start Up. About the Nvidia Inspector when you make the change and hit APPLY you dont tweak just that specific tweak but all the tweaks in the inspector These are optimal for every game tweaks. Thats a common case when someone copy/paste a tweak he saw in internet and decide to "make a tutorial" - they dont know what they are doing & just repeat what they saw and most times its semi accurate So with Nvdia Inspctor you make a bunch of tweaks to your drivers not just one specific tweak.
    Question :Whats NPI tool? Pls post a link.

And about st1cky batch file: I think these tweaks are not working. Some of them are way back from Windows Vista and even XP days.Now Win10 make some of these in more efficient way, maybe though drivers (tip* if you know how to tweak tcpip.sys this would be a breakthrough), some of them are old names for existing registry settings, some of them were in different parts of the registry.

REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableDCA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableWsd /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableTCPA /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v DisableLargeMTU /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v EnableConnectionRateLimiting /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TCPMaxDataRetransmissions /t REG_DWORD /d 00000005 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpNumConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 00000500 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v TcpCreateAndConnectTcbRateLimitDepth /t REG_DWORD /d 00000000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v KeepAliveTime /t REG_DWORD /d 7200000 /f
    REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters /v QualifyingDestinationThreshold /t REG_DWORD /d 00000003 /f

Here is a link of a batch file i made to temporary disable some of the unneeded for gaming services. Run it every time before ganming. You can watch in TaksManager Services tab when do it its not perfect, depending on your services settings it will try to disable some protected services, just hit Y when it asks you.
    https://mega.nz/#!p8JzWKRS!eUQooelD8...FwvdDJtKLJSWP8

Ye i have intention for Bios Tweak tutorial too but the time is always not enough
    Im working slowly on an ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE GUIDE.rtf but idk when im going to finish it. Maybe when the new Battlefield V game comes out.

Unfortunately many competitive players know my blog now and the advantage I would have will be lost so you see my dilemma here If they play only CSGO i have no problem but when they are competing against me in Battlefield ...
    Question :Whats NPI tool?
    He means the NvidiaProfileInspector

but i see the nvidia kernel mode drivers time is 2x bigger than mine (around 133)
    Yes but its ok because its only the highest peek its not always like that

And you are right about the old tweaks

Oh so nvidia Inspector, ok.
    I have tweaks to share for a whole week so lets get started:

Here some convenient tweaks for the Power Users. There are two separate .reg files- one fore CPUs before SkyLake, and one for SkyLake/KabyLake/CoffeLake CPUs. The third tweak is Right Desktop Click Power Option Short Cut. After you implement the tweaks you can manually Unpark your CPU Cores from Power Options-Change Plan Settings.

http://n1kobg.blogspot.bg/2018/03/hi...ons-right.html

BTW I tweaked Sk1cky Unparking Tweak. I took a brief look. I think its working now. At least that's the logical value assuming the paths are correct. If someone want to test it...
    In Windows 10 High Performance Power Mode unparks 3 of the 4 cores on quadcore CPUs so you have "only" 1 parked core. On Windows 7 & 8 they work differently and you have to unpark.

Echo. ; ----------------------------------------
    Echo. ; CPU Unpark!
    Echo. ; ----------------------------------------
    REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMax /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
    REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMin /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
    REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMax /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
    REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMin /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
    REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMax /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f
    REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583" /v ValueMin /t REG_DWORD /d 00000064 /f

ps. I just saw I have already posted this batch file which temporary disables the Services in a previous post.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 03-24-18 at 04:00 AM.

This is my DPC Latency Winth MSI Mode enabled stock PC settings

https://gyazo.com/f0ef7cd773ea9d9fc024fdea64959aa5

ps. I see Speedguide updated the Gaming Tweaks page with Intel Recommended Network Adapter Settings which were post on this thread by st1cky. Thank you for listening. That encourage us to post new info & tweaks. That proves that this thread I made is a good thing.
    BTW these Recommended Adapter Settings can be found in Intel's drivers themselves.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 03-24-18 at 07:53 PM.

If you like these Power Options I'll post a fully unlocked version of all CPU Power options to tweak.

Here's an extra Right Click Option Menu with few convenient shortcuts and abilities

Thats .reg file
    https://mega.nz/#!QkB2RS7I!BVQ6NNFM4...IF3KmD1nLAR2Ik

Thats batch file
    https://mega.nz/#!Qk5BFBIA!5hFFGzDUH...WgL9ykapt0CqKI

I left some locked options for everyone to unlock if they want to.

I hope you like it
    Last edited by n1kobg; 03-24-18 at 07:42 PM.

@st1cky

Hi, @n1kobg, can you just clarify for me, this above reg entries are old and absolete for win 10? Should we erase them from the batch file or they can stay as they dont do any damage?
    Also this brings me to my next question which is kinda the same as the first one. I noticed in the tweaks you posted before that they are for a different registry key : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 and all the tweaks in St1ckys batch are for a
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet registry key. TBH I just added the tweaks for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 on top of St1ckys batch file and I can confirm that the game (CSGO) feels even better. Hitreg is a bit better but overall feeling is that you are even more "IN the game" or somehow closer to the game as server sees it. Thats my feeling anyway.

Also I have a question for your batch file (@N1kobg) which stops various services before starting the game.
    This one: Servicekill.bat
    Will the services and tasks restart upon restarting the PC ? Sorry for noob question. LOL

Also about your DPC LAtency (@N1kobg) is that with all the tweaks implemented and services stopped with the Servicekill.bat batch file?
    Anyway it is almost a zero latency system ... NICE

omg I wrote everyting and disable the tab by mistake Now I have to write again

Hi jack37, I cant say for sure if they are bad & damage the performance but I would remove them from the batch, just in case.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet is the main path, the others are backup.Although ControlSet001 might be the last control set you booted with. You can have ControlSet002. I like to tweak both to work on most systems. Sometimes after restart the system loads Last Known Good Configuration. I dont remember what version of the file I posted here tbh. Its possible the 2nd time you enabled some of the tweaks. The .reg files are more direct way to tweak & commands are indirect method. Sometimes they could not work properly. Im not sure if that path is also not linked to the Windows accounts (users & admin)

"Hitreg is a bit better but overall feeling is that you are even more "IN the game" or somehow closer to the game as server sees it" -What you mean here? i dont understand.

Yes, you just temporary disable the services. After restart they are running normally. Watch Services Tab in Task Manager while running the file and you'll see how the are being disabled. After restart they are enabled again. I made last night new improved servicekill file but I called it Game Mode. Ill see what else temp tweaks I can include and ill post it in my blog or/and here.

I have much more tweaks in my OS than posted here. DPC Latency test was made with te new Game Mode + my custom Power Plan

What do you thing about the other lisnks I posted. Some of them you can unlock with software. I have Fully unlocked version of the Power Plan CPU Options that i made last night & I havent seen anywhere in internet. Ill post it if someone needs it. I have few more Right Click Menu files. for example option to kill hanged & not responding programs, very handy. I like the Right Click Switch Power Options-Basic file, handy as well

here some of the screens I took, Let me know if someone is interested:
    https://gyazo.com/b1e0374ded43190d4191d476e86bc3e5
    https://gyazo.com/b47b0dbb64caffadfb0fb6a5cdde25b3
    https://gyazo.com/5e72db315720baa511fad675d3af4f48
    https://gyazo.com/9a65f24931e80655ac6eef3c16292ae0
    https://gyazo.com/655942788d3ffd9a2d427933c0a6d608
    https://gyazo.com/53ac93a0230f5b2f3056edaa34d541c3
    https://gyazo.com/21ccf774405f7a714365faa7c8c463b2
    Last edited by n1kobg; 03-25-18 at 09:02 PM.

"Hitreg is a bit better but overall feeling is that you are even more "IN the game" or somehow closer to the game as server sees it" -What you mean here? i dont understand.
    I guess what I mean by this is that the game is more responsive, and that there is less time difference between the game as server sees it and the game as client sees it. Obviously the client is always some ms behind server and I am not talking about the ping only...
    Cant explain it better, sorry.

I would like to share an very interesting and informative link (for a noob like me anyway) :
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=727946014

It is all windows settings for NIC explained and/or at least researched with the gaming and low latency in mind.
    Also I wouldlike to confirm that making double registry entries (in my case cmdlets) for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet registry and for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 gives excellent results. If anything else my internet browsing is lightning fast LOL. The pages open before I even click on them... As for the gaming (CSGO) my hitreg with steam servers is also impressive. My problem is that I often play at a nosteam servers (CSROG) because of many friends I have there and at nosteam servers my hitreg is not so good. This kinda gets on my nerves but it is what it is...

So back to the analysis in the link above. All settings are in relation with one @N1kobg provided but I dont undrstand the logic of the following:

Maximum Number of RSS Queues

RECOMMENDATION:
    Experiment if you want to try using RSS; your mileage may vary.

REASON(S) TO SET A VALUE:
    If you have a multi-core processor, you can set as many RSS Queues as you have processor cores; a value of 8 on an i7 will use all 8 processing cores for RSS queues. The amount of threads used may have some bearing on how useful RSS is.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:
    I haven’t found time to test this myself or with my testers so far.

Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) State

WARNING – “Needs Checksum Offload to be enabled. Only supported by some network adapters.” - speedguide.net

WHAT IT DOES: from SPEEDGUIDE.NET
    “The receive-side scaling setting enables parallelized processing of received packets on multiple processors, while avoiding packet reordering. It avoids packet reordering by separating packets into "flows", and using a single processor for processing all the packets for a given flow. Packets are separated into flows by computing a hash value based on specific fields in each packet, and the resulting hash values are used to select a processor for processing the flow. This approach ensures that all packets belonging to a given TCP connection will be queued to the same processor, in the same order that they were received by the network adapter.”

RECOMMENDATION:
    Experiment; your mileage may vary. There’s too much conflicting research data to tell one way or another if it’s worth leaving on or not for everyone. While data suggests it can benefit modern machines more than it does older ones, this setting is an on odd. That is because it is as recommended to try for its benefits as much as it is recommended to leave it off for its problems, sometimes from the same source. - SOURCE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2643970 < while they recommend enabling RSS on newer OSes, there's a lot of talk of troubleshooting network drivers by disabling their features.”

REASON(S) TO TURN OFF:
    If you have a single-core processor (god forbid), you can’t use this.
    If your NIC is poor at handling RSS, then it’ll cause more problems.

REASON(S) TO LEAVE ON:
    If you have a multi-core processor and a capable NIC, this could help you.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:
    At the time of writing, I have an i5 CPU and I don’t use RSS at all. I couldn’t see any real benefits, nor have I spent much time getting results about it from the testers. Given how varied the existing research is, it’s a crapshoot.
    EDIT: been trying it out, might not be so bad...

As I understand the Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) State has to be enabled in order to use Maximum Number of RSS Queues , and in order for Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) State to work, we need to enable Checksum Offload.
    But there are 2c TCP Checksums and 2x UDP Checksums. Should all be enabled... Anyway can you comment this warning: “Needs Checksum Offload to be enabled. Only supported by some network adapters.” - speedguide.net

Ah yes, I know what you mean, the game is more responsive and less input lag, you see the enemies positions more accurate. About the RSS I feel thats taken from Old Windows Server info. You have to know that the servers need better throughput not latency. Thats why the recommendations are different, sometime just the opposite of whats best for gaming. The other thing is that Windows 10 is different in many aspects than the older Windows Server info published in internet. After few years we'll see Microsoft to publish information about the latest Windows Server & Windows 10 for consumers where it will be 100% accurate. For now we have to orient ourselves.

On MTU subject. ill copy/paste what I wrote in gaming MTU and MSS values? thread in this forum plus some other general information for better understanding whats MTU.

"Reducing your MTU along with RWIN improves the hit-registration in FPS Shooters for example. How small - That depends on the internet connection but you have to reduce both for best result. The thing is you neeed 2 MTUs. One for gaming and one for every day browsing. Thats the catch. The best alternative is to find that sweet spot which is not ideal but the easiest approach. On poor connections the impact is more visible. Some go as low as 500 but as a general rule dont go below 1000."

MTU means “Maximum Transmission Unit”. When a connection is started between two computers they must determine the best MTU for both sides. They compare their MTUs and select the smaller one. Not every time the highest possible MTU is the best option. The problem is that your provider may allow a MaxMTU that is larger than those permitted by some of the other servers that carry the data along the way. If your MTU is larger than the other servers MTU the routers must break your packets on pieces and this causes poor performance. You need as large as possible MTU without fragmenting the packets.

About the steam guide ill check it out. I see it mentions C-states. Ofcourse everyone knows u have to disabke every power saving features in bios to achieve lower latency and stable overclock

@n1kobg
    AS I am still new to this whole world of settings and tweaks, I surf the net a lot (my google-fu is pretty good) so I found an explanation about origins of RSS and you are absolutely correct. It is an old Win Server settings (and probably still is). It originates from servers with separated CPU cores and seoarated NICs. I cant find that link right now but I will and I will post it here. Somehow people translated that setting into multiple cores CPUs working with 1 NIC... This is OFC my noob view. Maybe there is more in it than pure translation and maybe the setting itself evolved over time. But 100% initially it was a server setting!
    So far I managed to implement recommended settings on HW level (NIC properties - settings - advanced) and OS settings, and make the uniform - with no conflicts.
    This now are my settings
    Code:
    SettingName                     : Internet
    MinRto(ms)                      : 300
    InitialCongestionWindow(MSS)    : 10
    CongestionProvider              : CTCP
    CwndRestart                     : False
    DelayedAckTimeout(ms)           : 40
    DelayedAckFrequency             : 2
    MemoryPressureProtection        : Disabled
    AutoTuningLevelLocal            : Disabled
    AutoTuningLevelGroupPolicy      : NotConfigured
    AutoTuningLevelEffective        : Local
    EcnCapability                   : Disabled
    Timestamps                      : Disabled
    InitialRto(ms)                  : 2000
    ScalingHeuristics               : Disabled
    DynamicPortRangeStartPort       : 1024
    DynamicPortRangeNumberOfPorts   : 64511
    AutomaticUseCustom              : Disabled
    NonSackRttResiliency            : Disabled
    ForceWS                               : Enabled
    MaxSynRetransmissions           : 2
    AutoReusePortRangeStartPort     : 0
    AutoReusePortRangeNumberOfPorts : 0

Code:
    PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting

ReceiveSideScaling           : Enabled
    ReceiveSegmentCoalescing     : Disabled
    Chimney                      : Disabled
    TaskOffload                  : Disabled
    NetworkDirect                : Enabled
    NetworkDirectAcrossIPSubnets : Blocked
    PacketCoalescingFilter       : Disabled

Code:
    PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty

Name                      DisplayName                    DisplayValue                   RegistryKeyword RegistryValue
    ----                      -----------                    ------------                   --------------- -------------
    Ethernet                  Flow Control                   Disabled                       *FlowControl    {0}
    Ethernet                  Interrupt Moderation           Disabled                       *InterruptMo... {0}
    Ethernet                  IPv4 Checksum Offload          Disabled                       *IPChecksumO... {0}
    Ethernet                  Jumbo Frame                    Disabled                       *JumboPacket    {1514}
    Ethernet                  Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)   Disabled                       *LsoV2IPv4      {0}
    Ethernet                  Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6)   Disabled                       *LsoV2IPv6      {0}
    Ethernet                  Maximum Number of RSS Queues   4 Queues                       *NumRssQueues   {4}
    Ethernet                  ARP Offload                    Disabled                       *PMARPOffload   {0}
    Ethernet                  NS Offload                     Disabled                       *PMNSOffload    {0}
    Ethernet                  Priority & VLAN                Priority & VLAN Disabled       *PriorityVLA... {0}
    Ethernet                  Receive Buffers                128                            *ReceiveBuffers {128}
    Ethernet                  Receive Side Scaling           Enabled                        *RSS            {1}
    Ethernet                  Speed & Duplex                 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex           *SpeedDuplex    {6}
    Ethernet                  TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4)    Disabled                       *TCPChecksum... {0}
    Ethernet                  TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6)    Disabled                       *TCPChecksum... {0}
    Ethernet                  Transmit Buffers               96                             *TransmitBuf... {96}
    Ethernet                  UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4)    Disabled                       *UDPChecksum... {0}
    Ethernet                  UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6)    Disabled                       *UDPChecksum... {0}
    Ethernet                  Wake on Magic Packet           Disabled                       *WakeOnMagic... {0}
    Ethernet                  Wake on pattern match          Disabled                       *WakeOnPattern  {0}
    Ethernet                  Auto Disable Gigabit           Disabled                       AutoDisableG... {0}
    Ethernet                  Energy Efficient Ethernet      Disabled                       EEE             {0}
    Ethernet                  Green Ethernet                 Disabled                       EnableGreenE... {0}
    Ethernet                  Network Address                --                             NetworkAddress  {--}
    Ethernet                  Shutdown Wake-On-Lan           Disabled                       S5WakeOnLan     {0}
    Ethernet                  Wake On Link Up                Disabled                       WakeOnLinkUp    {0}
    Ethernet                  WOL & Shutdown Link Speed      10 Mbps First                  WolShutdownL... {0}

Ye nice. On first look I have one small correction to make. Transmit Buffers Should be equal or 2x time bigger that Receive Buffers. You send more packets than receive.
    And maybe you should try with 2 , 3 and 4 queues to see whats best for your system. I run with 3 for example. There is no test that i know that can show you which is best so it up to you and what you feel it works better in game.
    You disabled all power save features (except one). Like you need to do with CPU- hardware and software related power saving features. Like the Power Options in windows Power Plan. You should disable the as well. Right now with my Power Plan my frequency stays more time at highest speeds - 5.3ghz and less at 5.295 or 5.297.

Ye nice. On first look I have one small correction to make. Transmit Buffers Should be equal or 2x time bigger that Receive Buffers. You send more packets than receive.
    And maybe you should try with 2 , 3 and 4 queues to see whats best for your system. I run with 3 for example. There is no test that i know that can show you which is best so it up to you and what you feel it works better in game.
    You disabled all power save features (except one). Like you need to do with CPU- hardware and software related power saving features. Like the Power Options in windows Power Plan. You should disable the as well. Right now with my Power Plan my frequency stays more time at highest speeds - 5.3ghz and less at 5.295 or 5.297.
    Thanks for corrections.
    You are abs. right. It was my stupid mistake. Somehow I exchanged transmit and receive buffers in my head. LOL
    About power plan ... it is the last one - right? I wasnt sure what it does so I left it ON. I will disable.
    For RSS queues I have options 1, 2 and 4 ... will experiment and report.

This settings as they are now lover my ping (if that is possible) from 48 to 36 ... ?? And the in game feeling is great.

About power plan ?!? I was talking about 2 different things. Fisrt about the power safe feature u left on (u can leave it on, no harm) WOL & Shutdown Link Speed - 10 Mbps First/
    The 2nd thing i talked was about my Windows Power Options and my Custom Power Plan.
    This: https://gyazo.com/5e72db315720baa511fad675d3af4f48

ps. I know u play CSGO. Many play it with vibrance on higher than normal.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/saturationtoggler/
    Last edited by n1kobg; 03-26-18 at 07:36 PM.

@n1kobg please share your power Windows Power Options and my Custom Power Plan

@st1cky
    great bat you make good job file but please update

About power plan ?!? I was talking about 2 different things. Fisrt about the power safe feature u left on (u can leave it on, no harm) WOL & Shutdown Link Speed - 10 Mbps First/
    The 2nd thing i talked was about my Windows Power Options and my Custom Power Plan.
    This: https://gyazo.com/5e72db315720baa511fad675d3af4f48

ps. I know u play CSGO. Many play it with vibrance on higher than normal.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/saturationtoggler/
    First things first. I am set to understand (just a little bit) the elements of good NIC settings. I will come to power plan optimisations and BIOS tweaking in time. Its that I just dont like jumping too far.
    Nice link for MTU setting
    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/695

p.s. I personaly set colour vibrance to 60 - 65% from Nvida Control panel. I am at low level CSGO and I just cant stand that screaming colours. So thanks but 60 - 70 - 75% max is enough for me.