Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: TCP Optimizer needs new version since v1709 Windows Update [updated]

Blog Entries
    Niko, PM me your normal IP and I will check it out, could be an issue with spam IPs being used by your ISP or something like that.

Ako ima problem 6e te potursq. Nai veroqtno e ot moite nastroiki. Imam nov internet dostav4ik.

I see the new Intel drivers introduce RSS Load ballancing Profile. Im using v1709 because the latest Windows Updates patch the Intels Spectre & Meltdown issues and thus hurt the general performance.
    Im on "Numa Scaling" now. WHat settings you guys use?

The Closest_Processor_Static profile has the lowest memory
    overhead, so the driver sets this profile in Windows Server 2012. As
    this is already the default in Windows 2008 R2, the driver doesn’t
    need to set it.

ClosestProcessor:
    Default behavior is consistent

ClosestProcessorStatic:
    No dynamic load-balancing - Distribute but don't load-balance at runtime.

NUMAScaling:
    Assign RSS CPUs in a round robin basis across every NUMA node to enable applications that are running on NUMA servers to scale well.

NUMAScalingStatic:
    RSS processor selection is the same as for NUMA scalability without dynamic load-balancing.

ConservativeScaling:
    RSS uses as few processors as possible to sustain the load. This option helps reduce the number of interrupts.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 09-22-18 at 06:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    I don't think you will see much difference changing that profile.

Generally the RSS queue should be as big as the number of processor cores. It avoids packet reordering. With NUMA (Non-uniform memory access) processors get faster access to memory that is "close" to them. NUMA scaling is more important in scaling for large number of processors, or Virtual processors with Hyper-V. With only 4-8 cores it won't play a noticeable role.

I would use a setting that does not use much processing. I imagine the default "ClosestProcessor" is fine, or something without dynamic scaling that would require more processing from the adapter drivers. Static scaling settings, or even the ConservativeScaling sound good. I wouldn't use the NUMAScaling unless in a multi-processor server environment with many memory banks and at least 2 processors/16 physical cores (+Hyperthreading), or something similar.

Ye all the information for NUMA is for servers (big surprise). When you disable the offloading you need your CPU to work as much as possible, its faster than the NIC anyway so it process the data faster. Im not sure if NUMAScaling or NUMAScalingStatic is best for gaming. ClosestProcessor is not the best fit unless you want speciffically to reduce CPU usage for some reason. At least they give you more options.

Ye , I defenately think NUMA is better for gaming. The difference may not be that obvious if you play casual (but its there). Better hit-reg (in BF4).

BTW for Ryzen Chips in Local Mode NUMA increases performance by reducing latency keeping the workloads in 1 CCX or pool. So maybe in the NIC NUMA doing similar thing....

Guys I made an app for K-Boost. Without some of the limitations like you have to stop all 3D software in order to run for example (Chrome, Steam, Origin ect.) Or Restarting the PC.
    It cannot do harm to your system. (Exept if you leave it enabled all the time) But I need to know if it works only on my card or with other Nvidia cards as well. Any volunteers ?

https://mega.nz/#!cshgRYRB!OcV29wnL_..._jyJH1r09fSokk

I have more surprises soon
    Last edited by n1kobg; 11-03-18 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post
    Guys I made an app for K-Boost. Without some of the limitations like you have to stop all 3D software in order to run for example (Chrome, Steam, Origin ect.) Or Restarting the PC.
    It cannot do harm to your system. (Exept if you leave it enabled all the time) But I need to know if it works only on my card or with other Nvidia cards as well. Any volunteers ?

https://mega.nz/#!cshgRYRB!OcV29wnL_..._jyJH1r09fSokk

I have more surprises soon
    What is that APP doing, ( What is K-Boost? )

Greetings
    St1cky

Hi s1cky I was thinking to write you on private. It will disable GPU Boost (sort of) and make your video card to work at the highest Core Speed without lowering the clock. Max Boost. Its only for Nvidia cards.

ps.
    BTW I just released a performance guide since we are close to BFV release. I hope its a good one * ppl like it. Its missing final touches but the majority is done so ill tweak it on the fly. I just hope Microsoft doesnt fuk some tweaks up because I havent test some tweaks in v1807 & v1803 have new updates too. Like NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate tweak for example.
    There is a section for K-Boost in the article as well.
    https://n1kobg.blogspot.com/2018/08/...ng-tweaks.html
    Please let me know what you are thinking and if there is something I should include.
    And please try it & tell me if K-Booster works.I need to know if its working only for my card and should I have to make a tutorial or the app is enough...
    You can easily see if works when run Afterburner and watch the core speed.It should stay at max speed all the time. It will behave just like when run GPU-Z on ? and start the Render Test. You still can OC the card but it will get slightly hotter than usual.
    The original K-Boost feature worked on all Nvidia cards but since the 1000 series EVGA locked it to only their cards.The workaround is t make it run trough Afterburner but my app is easier and with less limitations like you have to stop all 3d programs to enable it or restarting the PC.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 11-08-18 at 06:11 AM.

BTW Anti-virus probably will give you false-positive but its just converted batch file with 3 embeded help files (turn on/turn off & restart the gpu). Its just not signed to Windows.Only the turn on/off files are signed. I can sign up .exe files from Powershell file but not with CMD file.If someone knows how please tell me.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 11-09-18 at 06:41 AM.

Nope. K-Booster is Not working for all GPUs. Ill have to find a command for that.
    Or make a tutorial...