Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TCP Optimizer needs new version since v1709 Windows Update [updated]

great work st1cky

St1cky WHAT IS THIS
    Echo. ; ________________________________________
    Echo. ; Enabling... ReceiveSideScaling Settings
    Echo. ; ----------------------------------------
    powershell.exe Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty -Name "Ethernet" -RegistryKeyword *RSS -RegistryValue 1
    Echo. ; Trying... Highest RSSQueue Setting
    powershell.exe Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty -Name "Ethernet" -RegistryKeyword *NumRssQueues -RegistryValue 2
    powershell.exe Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty -Name "Ethernet" -RegistryKeyword *NumRssQueues -RegistryValue 4

I see you still trying to find how to increase the Queus of RSS. As I promised Ill post them.
    I dont have time now Im gioing out but I have some critics about your new batch file. ill post them after I come back

ps If you mean DCA is not working on Win 10 it works but not on all systems .

Quote Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post
    St1cky WHAT IS THIS
    Echo. ; ________________________________________
    Echo. ; Enabling... ReceiveSideScaling Settings
    Echo. ; ----------------------------------------
    powershell.exe Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty -Name "Ethernet" -RegistryKeyword *RSS -RegistryValue 1
    Echo. ; Trying... Highest RSSQueue Setting
    powershell.exe Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty -Name "Ethernet" -RegistryKeyword *NumRssQueues -RegistryValue 2
    powershell.exe Set-NetAdapterAdvancedProperty -Name "Ethernet" -RegistryKeyword *NumRssQueues -RegistryValue 4

I see you still trying to find how to increase the Queus of RSS. As I promised Ill post them.
    I dont have time now Im gioing out but I have some critics about your new batch file. ill post them after I come back

ps If you mean DCA is not working on Win 10 it works but not on all systems .
    No, i dont think its working with the RSSQueues to 4 at my System. It setting Queues to 2 first then trys to set to 4 because there is no Powershell command to set it to max. We will see if your fix is working on my System with 4 Queues, I bet it works only on your System. Why you dont post it? When you will publish it anyway?

DCA is not visible in netsh and powershell.
    I saw DCA and netDMA on Windows 10 1607 Redstone 1 and RS2 i guess. Im using RS4 (1803 Build 17133.1).
    Chimney is gone aswell.
    Its still Enabled in Batch, just in case. ( Nicos Settings )
    Last edited by st1cky; 04-05-18 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by st1cky View Post
    No, i dont think its working with the RSSQueues to 4 at my System. It setting Queues to 2 first then trys to set to 4 because there is no Powershell command to set it to max. We will see if your fix is working on my System with 4 Queues, I bet it works only on your System. Why you dont post it? When you will publish it anyway?

ah okay, then DCA is not Working on my System. Its rare that DCA is supported then?
    Its still Enabled in Batch, just in case. ( Nicos Settings )
    Check this link for further discusion about ofloading and DCA particulary.

Cant paste on mobile. Will send later. It is http://www.overclock.net/forum/6-int...dware-313.html

Ok guys this is big.
    First St1cky I didnt meant to "sound" negative in my post or bash on you. It wasnt my intention. I just saw in your previous batch files similar non-existent settings & commands regarding RSS Queus and was kinda fun.

St1cky:
    "I bet it works only on your System. Why you dont post it? When you will publish it anyway?"

I hope you see now that I am legit I have talked with many people about this topic and most think RSS Queues is a setting they should change something from 2 to 4. Like all brilliant things its very simple but not that simple

This is the whole tutorial how to make it work even if the path is not the same.

http://n1kobg.blogspot.bg/2018/04/in...indows-10.html

The registry paths are these:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\Ndi\Params

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\Ndi\Params\*TransmitBuffers

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\Ndi\Params\*ReceiveBuffers

I only ask to mention my name when you give this tweak to someone or post it somewhere.
    I think its appropriate since I found these settings and the tweak is mine. I think its only fair.
    Like I write st1cky's name for example in my PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v3.0 file at the MSI tweak.
    I didnt know this tweak and I learned it from him.

Very useful for people who dont understand and want a "Hit-Reg Fix". This is why I kept this hidden for so long. I play competitive and I dont want some shmuck who play against me and uses his computer as gaming console & internet browsing (& thats it) to just copy/paste some settings & double click on a file and have the same optimization as me, especially if he have better internet connection. So please give this tutorial only to people who want to learn.

Forgive me the mistakes I probably made but I dont have time to check it for errors.

Please comment bellow
    Last edited by n1kobg; 04-05-18 at 07:38 PM.

Ok guys this is big.
    First St1cky I didnt meant to "sound" negative in my post or bash on you. It wasnt my intention. I just saw in your previous batch files similar non-existent settings & commands regarding RSS Queus and was kinda fun.

St1cky:
    "I bet it works only on your System. Why you dont post it? When you will publish it anyway?"

I hope you see now that I am legit I have talked with many people about this topic and most think RSS Queues is a setting they should change something from 2 to 4. Like all brilliant things its very simple but not that simple

This is the whole tutorial how to make it work even if the path is not the same.

http://n1kobg.blogspot.bg/2018/04/in...indows-10.html

The registry paths are these:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\Ndi\Params

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\Ndi\Params\*TransmitBuffers

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\Ndi\Params\*ReceiveBuffers

I only ask to mention my name when you give this tweak to someone or post it somewhere.
    I think its appropriate since I found these settings and the tweak is mine. I think its only fair.
    Like I write st1cky's name for example in my PERFORMANCE_BOOSTER_v3.0 file at the MSI tweak.
    I didnt know this tweak and I learned it from him.

Very useful for people who dont understand and want a "Hit-Reg Fix". This is why I kept this hidden for so long. I play competitive and I dont want some shmuck who play against me and uses his computer as gaming console & internet browsing (& thats it) to just copy/paste some settings & double click on a file and have the same optimization as me, especially if he have better internet connection. So please give this tutorial only to people who want to learn.

Forgive me the mistakes I probably made but I dont have time to check it for errors.

Please comment bellow
    Hey Niko,
    I did the same thing you did in registry yesterday on a different registry path , and it didnt worked out. There was even no NumRssQueues Key Created and i didnt had the Permission for Editing.
    So i gave me Permission about the Registry Path. But it didnt worked. I will try it on your Path.

Your Path is working, nice job. Im so stupid! You get the Registry Path when you go Device Manager on Network Adapter and Details Properties > "Class-GUID" Same Number.
    Easy to create a Batch Script to automatically create these Keys on that String. Problem maybe will be on other Branchs. They using same Enums?

Niko there is something more important to found out^^ There is RSSv2. How to enabled that and how to compile a driver for NDIS 6.8.

DCA unleashed the Network Power again. No Bullets go through Bodies and hitreg is super.
    I got much hitreg Improvement when i Enabled VT-d in BIOS. I know my hitreg went bad after BIOS Update 2 years ago. I didnt though it would be a ****ing BIOS Setting lol!

Credits go on your

Thanks for Posting it,
    Last edited by st1cky; 04-05-18 at 09:35 PM.

Thank you st1cky, As I said I am legit :P
    "Driver Key" shows the location more accurate. I found the path in a different way going through the registry.

Yes, about RSS v2. its still new feature and that usually means its in Server Windows Editions, at least at the beginning. You cant enable it. It is enabled by default in RSS v1 place. RSS v2 is more responsive, dynamical and shortens the time between the different stages. It achieve this on Dispatch Level. Thats why increasing the IRQ8 priority is a good thing.

I still disagree with some of the settings in your batch file I just want everything to be as accurate as possible.Ill post them later.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 04-06-18 at 06:33 AM.

Thank you st1cky, As I said I am legit :P
    "Driver Key" shows the location more accurate. I found the path in a different way going through the registry.

Yes, about RSS v2. its still new feature and that usually means its in Server Windows Editions, at least at the beginning. You cant enable it. It is enabled by default in RSS v1 place. RSS v2 is more responsive, dynamical and shortens the time between the different stages. It achieve this on Dispatch Level. Thats why increasing the IRQ8 priority is a good thing.

I still disagree with some of the settings in your batch file I just want everything to be as accurate as possible.Ill post them later.
    okay^^ you mean the first post or second? or both?

Admirings for your work St1cky but I have some points I disagree with you. I see you read a lot about server settings and thats one of the great sources for understanding how WINDOWS works but you dont need to copy them directly, some of the settings are WinXP old and I dont think they benefit, Im not sure if there is a negative effect but Win10 works way better with default settings than previous Windows versions so it needs less tweaks and just here & there to tweak the performance.

You dont need TCPWindowSize to be set larger than 64 K or up to 1 GB. Thats when you calculate large ammounts of data (like servers do) For gaming these settings are even hurt the performance of slower internet connections. Just the opposite - You need it as low as possible.

BTW Throughput means latency. If you see something is good for Throughput that means the latency is higher

I disagree with Worker threads. How came up with this settings 0 and 6 ? In Nico's tweaked settings i see they are both 0. Why even bother to include them since the default settings is 0 AFter a while (lets say 20min) the majority of the worker threads are being filled with the specific workloads the game you play does. The results are somewhat hard to detect but I say (if the threads count is not increasing the threads the game is using) there is a benefit from them.

I've tested them a lot. We even discussed this with one of the Game Fire administrators. They disabled their support for Worker threads and I agree its difficult to set values good for everyone but they work. These are also server settings and the reason they are 0 in non-server Windows version is power saving (at least the main one IMO) and especially for laptops that drain the batteries (and uses more RAM).

What i learned is Delayed Worker threads should be the same value as Critical as they work together. If you have less RAM then you should leave them 0 otherwise 10; 16;18; 20 are good all around option since most programs and games use more threads than these.

There are only 3 articles discussing this topic more extensively and the most recent one suggest to multiply the RAM you have by 3. There is even another worker threads option DefaultNumberofWorkerThreads (I havent test it) HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcXdr\Parameters\DefaultNumberofWorkerThreads.

For ultimate performance if you have fast CPU I recomend to disable all Offloading settings-especially if you play competitively. DCA is working only when CPU, NIC and your Motherboard support it. It gives significant boost in online gaming (its funny I wrote this yesterday on a draft then I saw what you wrote about DCA in gaming:P). In my Windows version 1709 chimney offloading is alive and kicking IDK why you think its deprecated. If you choose to use it set to automatic. For gaming it should be disabled.

I think here's the time i have to say that Windows default settings in general are good for people living closer to the servers so not all tweaks are beneficial for everyone.

I see in your file you use for every power saving feature a different command.

Thats not necessary: PowerShell: Disable-NetAdapterPowerManagement -Name "*"

Please confirm it works on your systems too guys.

If you want to aply it for the specific adapter write your adapter name instead * That means you disable to all adapters but if you use only 1 adapter you are fine.

example: Disable-NetAdapterPowerManagement -Name "Ethernet"
    Last edited by n1kobg; 04-06-18 at 01:44 PM.

Admirings for your work St1cky but I have some points I disagree with you. I see you read a lot about server settings and thats one of the great sources for understanding how WINDOWS works but you dont need to copy them directly, some of the settings are WinXP old and I dont think they benefit, Im not sure if there is a negative effect but Win10 works way better with default settings than previous Windows versions so it needs less tweaks and just here & there to tweak the performance.

You dont need TCPWindowSize to be set larger than 64 K or up to 1 GB. Thats when you calculate large ammounts of data (like servers do) For gaming these settings are even hurt the performance of slower internet connections. Just the opposite - You need it as low as possible.

BTW Throughput means latency. If you see something is good for Throughput that means the latency is higher

I disagree with Worker threads. How came up with this settings 0 and 6 ? In Nico's tweaked settings i see they are both 0. Why even bother to include them since the default settings is 0 AFter a while (lets say 20min) the majority of the worker threads are being filled with the specific workloads the game you play does. The results are somewhat hard to detect but I say (if the threads count is not increasing the threads the game is using) there is a benefit from them.

I've tested them a lot. We even discussed this with one of the Game Fire administrators. They disabled their support for Worker threads and I agree its difficult to set values good for everyone but they work. These are also server settings and the reason they are 0 in non-server Windows version is power saving (at least the main one IMO) and especially for laptops that drain the batteries (and uses more RAM).

What i learned is Delayed Worker threads should be the same value as Critical as they work together. If you have less RAM then you should leave them 0 otherwise 10; 16;18; 20 are good all around option since most programs and games use more threads than these.

There are only 3 articles discussing this topic more extensively and the most recent one suggest to multiply the RAM you have by 3. There is even another worker threads option DefaultNumberofWorkerThreads (I havent test it) HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcXdr\Parameters\DefaultNumberofWorkerThreads.

For ultimate performance if you have fast CPU I recomend to disable all Offloading settings-especially if you play competitively. DCA is working only when CPU, NIC and your Motherboard support it. It gives significant boost in online gaming (its funny I wrote this yesterday on a draft then I saw what you wrote about DCA in gaming:P). In my Windows version 1709 chimney offloading is alive and kicking IDK why you think its deprecated. If you choose to use it set to automatic. For gaming it should be disabled.

I think here's the time i have to say that Windows default settings in general are good for people living closer to the servers so not all tweaks are beneficial for everyone.

I see in your file you use for every power saving feature a different command.

Thats not necessary: PowerShell: Disable-NetAdapterPowerManagement -Name "*"

Please confirm it works on your systems too guys.

If you want to aply it for the specific adapter write your adapter name instead * That means you disable to all adapters but if you use only 1 adapter you are fine.

example: Disable-NetAdapterPowerManagement -Name "Ethernet"

n1kobg,
    Yes thanks for the information, some Registry-Tweaks may not work and some may work, still its testing for me. Like for everyone? Because you cant find the Prefect Settings. Its impossible!
    I found out that Workerthreads hurts the system, i was setting it back to Zero. Im still trying/testing for the best settings.

Workerthreads: What i noticed was, when i went up to one website were my PC Fans went up my mouse went to 100% lag. Everything was laggy when i had open that webpage. So i turned Workerthreads Off again and it was gone. Fans still went up high but no lags. So i think Workerthreads is a bad Tweak.

Are you sure when you disable Checksum Offloading(OS and Hardware) that ReceiveSideScaling is still working? ( I just got bad performance with Checksum Offloading and FlowControl on "Off" ) Atleast on that Connection here. Means not that it is always bad*.

When you say all Offloading Off. You turn it off on OS Side, too? Because OS Calculate Checksum itself, too. ( TaskOffload : Enabled, Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting ) Is much i can say, i got better performance when i set TaskOffload to Disable but i keep it enabled on AdapterSide.

Much as i can tell you about DCA. I enabled VT-x what you need to enable for DCA, i was reading it online somewere. And i got no Delay anymore when i shot at someone. At all, hole Hitreg went better. I was noticing years ago and i was searching for Tweaks because i though it was my Internet Connection or my Operation System was not optimal adjusted. ( They say about DCA, that Network Packets will not Buffered in Ram, it will directly processed from CPU. ) VT-x and some other settings went Off after i updated my BIOS and since then i was noticing that my Hitreg went very BAD, i even tried to Downgrade, no change so i though it isnt about that BIOS Update ( Wrong it was about BIOS Update ). it was the biggest change since all!
    I had always that Question were are my Bullets going? I was shooting 30 Shots at someone and most of the time only 5 bullets hit him, wierd yeah. CSGO is wierd anyway. But that BIOS Setting changed it!

In my Windows version 1709 chimney offloading is alive and kicking IDK why you think its deprecated.
    Wait, there will come next update to 1803 and Chimney is gone. at 10.04.2018 my guess. ( I was testing 1803 already, because its already out. But Official everyone will get the Updates is on 10.04. i even tested RS5 what comes out somewere in **.08.18 )
    You can read it here >> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...himney-offload Date: 04/20/2017

There is no Chimney anymore in netsh. Only Powershell. They didnt Fix Internet Templates they didnt Fix DelayAck.

@ st1cky First i need to say that Im not using router, on 95% of the tweaks that doesnt matter but i have to point that out. Everyone I told to disable all Offloadings (+ the other tweaks) have better hit-reg in BF4 (Some of them play Overwatch). They have routers.

Yes of cource I disable Offloadings from both sides.I leave TaskOffload enabled.
    TaskOffload enabled/disabled- with this option you enable or disable the Network Internet Adapter onboard processor (not all NICs have it)

Your tweaks in Tcpip\Parameters are too many. You include old settings, some of them with values good only for servers. Even take some of them from one place in registry and place them on wrong path

This setting (TcpMaxDupAcks /t REG_DWORD /d 00000080 /f) is wrong, this value dont exist, the highest possible is 3 you set it to 128, good thing it doesnt affect most FPS shooters. I can show few more similar settings in your file but I prefer in private. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../cc938211.aspx

Again I dont want to critique you I just want to correct some of the things which are obviously not benefiting gaming & might hurt it and im sory if i sound negative at times.

Last night I tested TCPMaxDataRetransmissions 1,2 & 5 values and had bad time. When I deleted it i finally start connecting the shots. I know it can fix some issues with Internet Browsing, not so sure for gaming.

About what you described. Many Torrents and Online Movie sites using peoples cpus for mining lately. Im not saying its that but 1st dont sound like a worker thread related and 2nd you talk about internet browsing not gaming. All my talk, settings and tweaks is about gaming and general performance. I leave Internet browsing, security, througtput, power saving on 2nd place (like many of the de-bloating, performance & gaming tweaks on internet).

Yes, in DCA the packets skip RAM & go straight to CPU cache. In last post you said DCA is not working in Windows 10. Im glad you changed your mind
    I checked VT-x and I think you are right. It enables DCA in capable I/O devices (not only NICs) and improving application response times.
    In general the Virtualization technologies have inherent higher latencies. They were bad for overclocking but the technology is much improved lately so its worth testing.

yes few days to update.Im not keen to upgrade to v1803 yet. Ive disabled my Windows Update for now. The install will delete and disable SystemRestore. I am more interested in Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. I plan to upgrade to that. It has new Ultimate Performance Power Plan. They say it improves microlatencies. This version of Windows is optimized for performance. Plus no commercial ******** & pre-installed stupid Windows Store Apps.

Finally yes I use Microsofts Docs as well Let me return the favor
    Very useful link:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/
    Last edited by n1kobg; 04-07-18 at 08:00 AM.

st1cky you said you already have v.1803 Well Here the new Ultimate Performance Power Plan I talked about

For everyone who have v.1803 - you can unlock it.

Its a brand new tweak. Still hot & Steaming

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

Last edited by n1kobg; 04-07-18 at 01:57 PM.

@ st1cky First i need to say that Im not using router, on 95% of the tweaks that doesnt matter but i have to point that out. Everyone I told to disable all Offloadings (+ the other tweaks) have better hit-reg in BF4 (Some of them play Overwatch). They have routers.

Yes of cource I disable Offloadings from both sides.I leave TaskOffload enabled.
    TaskOffload enabled/disabled- with this option you enable or disable the Network Internet Adapter onboard processor (not all NICs have it)

Your tweaks in Tcpip\Parameters are too many. You include old settings, some of them with values good only for servers. Even take some of them from one place in registry and place them on wrong path

This setting (TcpMaxDupAcks /t REG_DWORD /d 00000080 /f) is wrong, this value dont exist, the highest possible is 3 you set it to 128, good thing it doesnt affect most FPS shooters. I can show few more similar settings in your file but I prefer in private. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../cc938211.aspx

Again I dont want to critique you I just want to correct some of the things which are obviously not benefiting gaming & might hurt it and im sory if i sound negative at times.

Last night I tested TCPMaxDataRetransmissions 1,2 & 5 values and had bad time. When I deleted it i finally start connecting the shots. I know it can fix some issues with Internet Browsing, not so sure for gaming.

About what you described. Many Torrents and Online Movie sites using peoples cpus for mining lately. Im not saying its that but 1st dont sound like a worker thread related and 2nd you talk about internet browsing not gaming. All my talk, settings and tweaks is about gaming and general performance. I leave Internet browsing, security, througtput, power saving on 2nd place (like many of the de-bloating, performance & gaming tweaks on internet).

Yes, in DCA the packets skip RAM & go straight to CPU cache. In last post you said DCA is not working in Windows 10. Im glad you changed your mind
    I checked VT-x and I think you are right. It enables DCA in capable I/O devices (not only NICs) and improving application response times.
    In general the Virtualization technologies have inherent higher latencies. They were bad for overclocking but the technology is much improved lately so its worth testing.

yes few days to update.Im not keen to upgrade to v1803 yet. Ive disabled my Windows Update for now. The install will delete and disable SystemRestore. I am more interested in Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. I plan to upgrade to that. It has new Ultimate Performance Power Plan. They say it improves microlatencies. This version of Windows is optimized for performance. Plus no commercial ******** & pre-installed stupid Windows Store Apps.

Finally yes I use Microsofts Docs as well Let me return the favor
    Very useful link:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/

I dont have TCPMaxDUpAcks in my Batch its only in Nicos. Dont get mixed up, there are bunch settings from the Nico Hitreg Fix. Not mine. I was just adding his Tweaks from pastebin in the Batch so users dont need to do it for every Tweak.

st1cky you said you already have v.1803
    Yes i had. Went back to 1709. Im still testing Performance.

Did you tried that program from
    https://www.badosoft.com/latency-optimizer.php
    I have a Serial. But not the Premium Downloadlink anymore and there Support sucks. I cant even reset my Password.( Get no Emails on two Accounts lol )?
    Maybe i can show sometweaks they have integrate in there Program. But still waiting. These Company Sucks! ( Support Ticket no help since Months )
    URLs like http://share-links.biz/_u19p85polwn
    Now the Fans dont went up. But i turned overclocking off. Thats probly why.
    Last edited by st1cky; 04-08-18 at 01:23 AM.

I meant Ive seen these in your older files.On Nico's file it says "I updated Batch file with Nico Settings".

Yes ive tried Latency Optimizer but the program is not updated since Windows 8. I had v.3 cracked somewhere. v4 trial is not fully unlocked so .... Is the serial works?

The share link wants a password to open it.
    https://gyazo.com/13f893e85778fda11c66fac8e34a6412

BTW you mention Bufferbloat. Its an issue on routers. I dont have router. Heres a good video about how to properly configure your Router plus one more additional showing how to manage your cables.

https://youtu.be/o-g2P3R84dw

https://youtu.be/gBnCOsPhqYw?t=47

Bufferbloat Test:
    http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest
    Last edited by n1kobg; 04-08-18 at 08:00 AM.

Ok I did the extra steps but here's for all Windows version.

http://n1kobg.blogspot.bg/2018/04/ho...-ultimate.html

Enjoy

Hi guys
    here is a little tweak regarding DPC latency issue with ndis & tcpip.sys
    Link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-6d394b0f0a33

Tweak:
    Even though we had it turned off in Control Panel, the "Windows Defender Firewall" service (MpsSvc) was still running in the background and causing issues.
    We completely disabled the service via the registry (key below) and rebooted. Once we did that, our networking latency/crashing issues disappeared. Hopefully this is helpful for you as well.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc
    Change "Start" from "2" to "4"
    Reboot the PC

Hope you can include this in yours tweak .bat file.

NOTE:
    My system latency is much higher than yours (@n1kobg and @st1cky) but with this I shaved of about 50 microseconds ..... SO I tested and it works!

LOL I think I spoke too soon ! As I was writting this I had a BSOD with
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED or something similar.....
    So maybe needs to be tested more .... (system was running for 25 min before BSOD)

After reset the setting is still there and all is normal....

edit ... After 1 hour everything normal
    Last edited by jack37; 04-08-18 at 03:05 PM.

I need a little help with HPET settings.
    My system configuration is like this:

HPET in BIOS - NON EXISTENT
    HPET - DEVICE MANAGER - I CAN disable and setting stays after reboot
    I CANT uninstall device as it comes back after reboot
    HPET in OS - I am at loss here, seems that best for me is: bcdedit /set useplatformclock "false" (TSC (+ HPET backup?))

What are your settings?

ps I havent tested new powerconfig yet - thanks for that @n1kobg

Yes in this version the made the Firewall bundled with Defender and its harder to turn off. I already have it tuned off but I dont think ill put this in the file because some people dont want to be disabled and frak out when see no Firewall. If I include it it should be a separate option not among the other tweaks.That mean I have to make the other similar tweaks a separate options as well-more work. Ill think about it.
    And dont worry. You wont have any big issues if you leave it disabled. That error sounds like a driver issue.Think If you install new drivers lately or messing with some of them.

With this command you can enable old F8 Menu before Windows start. There are options for recovery if you have errors.

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

About HPET settings.

https://psychrasenne.wixsite.com/rez...erTester-11zip

With WinTimerTester you check Query Performance Frequency & Query Performance Counter. Some people say HPET is bad other is good for performance boost. That depends on Windows version and your system. For me I have it enabled but when I enable it in Windows I have severe stuttering in game, my frame times are getting way too high. On desktop the system loads programs faster and more responsive. Query Performance Frequency shows around 37000mhz I think. I tryied all the combinations but the default setting is the best for me.

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true - enable HPET
    bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy Enhanced - [ Default | Legacy | Enhanced ]
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

To remove them:
    bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock - disable HPET
    bcdedit /deletevalue tscsyncpolicy
    bcdedit /deletevalue disabledynamictick

To view bcdedit settings:
    bcdedit /enum

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

HPET : useplatformclock [ yes | no ]

Forces Windows to use hardware timer instead of OS default.
    Forces the use of the platform clock as the system’s performance counter.

tscsyncpolicy [ Default | Legacy | Enhanced ]

Controls the times stamp counter synchronization policy

disabledynamictick [ yes | no ]

Enables and disables dynamic timer tick feature.

Use these ONLY for debugging.

Finally I think Windows 10 is using a new way of handling this with new timers which seems better than old Windows versions. I think these tweaks can be useful for Win 7 and Win 8 but at least for me the default is best.

Timer Tool v3:
    https://vvvv.org/contribution/windows-system-timer-tool

Timer Resolution v1.2: there is payed v2 but v1.2 download link is free. IDK the difference between them. I use timer tool mostly.
    https://cms.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/

They help with FPS drops and similar timing issues but I found when I measure RAM timings overclocks with these tools on the results are slightly worse. The lowest in 0.5. You can measure these with DPC LAtency Checker or LatencyMon
    I know they help in CSGO for some players.

ps. BTW anyone test already the new Ultimate Performance Power Plan from Workstation fersion of Windows 10 Pro ??? Microsoft says it helps with micro latencies which sounds good for gaming.I played last night.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 04-09-18 at 05:13 AM.

@n1kobg Thanks for your kind and detailed reply

I am posting now a few milestones for all of our followers.....

HPET - after various settings and testing - I leave it at default settings as that is best for me
    This is in line with n1kobg reply and with various online posts as it seems that they got it sorted out in win10

SO the biggest and most significant advancements in search of a perfect HITREG

- n1kobg and st1ckys tweaks batch file
    NOTE I have a combination of both files which means I have some win7 reg tweaks which are now redundant and I would like to get rid of them in future
    All different parameters inside the twaeks themselfs like congestion provider, or TaskOffload or TX RX buffers or .... make a very small and very fine change that
    for a noob like me AND my gaming hardware and router in general are just a finnese

- implementing a "netsh winsock reset" and "netsh winsock set autotuning off" at the beggining of a batch file
    NOTE - A hughe step forward, after this I had an almost perfect hitreg (perfect on steam servers, less perfect on nonsteam servers)

- implementing a static IP adress and a port forwarding in my router
    NOTE - After a long dark, I have started to see the light after this !!!!!! Hughe step forward!!!!

- properly uninstalling NIC driver and reinstaling a new "up to date" one
    NOTE - properly means uninstall, clean registry traces, restart, install...
    Although this new driver probably gave me a BSOD (and it is just a maybe) and although after installing it there was something strangely cooking under the hood for cca 30 minutes
    with my fans going up and down while PC was idle, when that process what ever it was stopped, now I am sure there are no energy saving thingys at work and my NIC (which is only
    integrated Realtek PCI-e Gigabit adapter) is working with full steam

- implementing the last posted reg tweak HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc
    NOTE - I have an antivirus software (Symantec) firewall and I had defender removed and win firewall disabled before this tweak, so I really dont think
    I must have 2 firewalls operating at the same time....

With this last tweak my system DCP latency dropped by 50 microseconds and my HITREG is perfect for steam and nonsteam servers !!!!!!!

My pings are at lowest ever with starting values aproximately at my pings before above mentioned tweaks and than dropping pretty fast.
    For example (obviously same servers as before implementing the tweaks)
    nonsteam servers - initial ping 45 - 50 than dropping as low as 30 and going just slightly up (32 - 33) on full load server
    steam servers (MM) - initial ping 25 - 30 than dropping as low as 15
    Initial ping values are/coincide with my "before the tweaks" ping values

For my friend st1cky - last night I conected 3 headshots shooting with gallil from short to A site ramp, in under 2 seconds. It was tap, tap aaaaaand tap! (casual gameplay, pretty good players on other side, 1. was AWP)
    This kind of hitreg is something I could only dream before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Honorary mention : Nvidia profile Inspector
    NOTE I dont dare playing CSGO withouth NPI Counter Strike profile imported and tweaked

THINGS TO DO

- reduce nvidia DCP latency
    I think there is a nvidia power scaling setting in my BIOS and there are documented problems with nvidia DPC latency online, so definately a thing to investigate further

- implement n1kobg new powerplan

- clean up my own combined tweaks batch file with help of you guys!

Stay well and looking forward for new posts or comments
    Last edited by jack37; 04-09-18 at 05:35 AM.

If you are talking about the last one I posted- Ultra Performance Power Plan for Workstations. This plan is not mine. Its from Microsoft. I just told you how to unlock it in v1803 or import it in older Windows versions

I posted before a Gaming Mode (n1kobg) which is tweaked and made by me.

yes static IP is very important for gaming. PortForward only if you have issues. I gave 2 videos above on the topic.

ps. My connection is always stable 50mbps. 48download and 24 upload (I have it 8 years now) Last few days my connection is close to 50 down and 29-30 upload.

I make so many tweaks and I now I am not sure what tweak exactly helped here

I have very good hit-reg now but my connection drops out from time to time.