Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: TCP Optimizer needs new version since v1709 Windows Update [updated]

Sadly i dont see nothing about BF4

ps Nice post
    Last edited by n1kobg; 04-27-18 at 02:10 AM.

CS GO is a constant work in progress!!!!!

I was so happy with my hitreg for days, just to loose it completely out of nowhere!!!
    It took me a day or two to figure out that something is wrong, and to start digging again.
    As always, I checked and rechecked everything, reinstalled the most important drivers, but nothing helped....

After the main culprits were eliminated I went to check all the small but very very important tweaks.... and as it turns out, I was right.
    For no apparent reason, my CSGO app settings were somehow changed!! Maybe CSGO upgraded and win10 immediately changed them ... IDK.
    Anyway, if you realise that something is wrong, and specially if you notice that your mouse pointer on screen moves (just a pixel or two) when it shouldnt,
    check app (CSGO main app, or any other game main - launch app) for the following:

- go to your launch app folder. In my case, for CSGO it is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive

- righ click on CSGO.exe app
    - go to PROPERTIES / COMPATIBILITY
    - UNTICK (UNCHECK) :Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by :APPLICATION/SYSTEM/SYSTEM (ENHANCED)
    - TICK (CHECK) : Disable full-screen optimisations

You might have to CLICK on: Change settings for all users to enable this checkboxes to be ticked/unticked.

As I wrote above, win10 decided to change this settings for me!! Probably after CSGO update ?!?

SO after doing this, I have my hitreg back to 85-90 %.
    I will test further what difference does it make if you TICK (CHECK) : Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by :APPLICATION/SYSTEM/SYSTEM (ENHANCED)
    and select APPLICATION , as the comments on the net are divided on this subject.

Please post you settings for this little win10 annoyance.

if i need more performance(fps) that values of netsh interface could give me more performance
    Processor: g4560
    Inet dw 11 mbs/ upload 3mbs

If this is a question,No.These wont give you more FPS.

ps. netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled Doesnt work in Windows Pro v1803. Its considered as depricated. Im on WinPro for Workstations but im sure its the new version and not the Workstation Windows.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 05-02-18 at 12:37 PM.

Im currently on Windows 10 pro for workstations and many comands just dont work here. I think its from the Workstation variant not v1803.

Guys, Try these DNS addresses. 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. Use DNS Bench to see if they are the best for your connection.

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm Youse the top 4 DNS's.

Blog Entries
    1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 are Cloudflare DNS. The problem with those is they used to be Chinese IPs, and some ISPs are still blocking the entire 1.0.0./8 range.

There is a list of alternate DNS servers with some info on the main page here: https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-...-can-i-use-128

IDK about chinese Ips. They say they are snapier in therms of page loading depending where you live and add a security lair by deleting your ip and other personal data from the sites you're visitting.Google & other servers dont offer that. DNS Bench will determine the best DNS for every person individually. My ISP DNS servers were way better than others like google ones but now they started to loose performance a little bit so the default Obtain DNS servers Automatically isnt the best setting for all. i use the first 4 .

ps. Dont botgher typing them. Just right click on top of them & copy.

what improve this of process lasso? ProcessLasso_reg_file

As I wrote this is just in case the apps dont run. If apps run fine with no issues you dont need it.
    It runs fine on my Windows but im not sure for everyone so I decided to add it.

ps. For Windows Server 2016 in vistammsc.exe 0 is = to 10.
    This key contains a REG_DWORD value named SystemResponsiveness that determines the percentage of CPU resources that should be guaranteed to low-priority tasks. For example, if this value is 20, then 20% of CPU resources are reserved for low-priority tasks. Note that values that are not evenly divisible by 10 are rounded up to the nearest multiple of 10. A value of 0 is also treated as 10.
    Im not sure if thats the case in Windows 10. As I read it the lowest are 2 and 5 but Im might be wrong.

BTW Im testing a new Power Plan. Its based on the regular High Performance Power Plan but I removed many of the powersave features and it works like the old processors- on 100% all the time so the fast response you can have on your CPU. Of course it should be used only for gaming and heavy workloads and switched back to ballance or Powersave after that.
    Also on Something between Power Save and Ballanced Power Plan. It uses less resources. I dont like Power Save. Sometimes its too slow. Its ideal for internet browsing , movies, youtube with many tabs and windows in the background.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 05-16-18 at 09:55 AM.

Hi, guys, I'm desperate with CSGO,
    I hide, but they kill me as if I were standing in the middle of the map. When I shoot someone I feel and see how the bullets go through. Even having a good ping, when they kill me in the air, it feels like I'm going back in time and I've never jumped. Sorry for my bad english. I'm desperate. I'm already using TCP Optimizer, but there is a lot of bs in the internet, I feel that here are the real men who can help me
    What settings and tweaks would you recommend? Thanks in advance <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kromanoid View Post
    Hi, guys, I'm desperate with CSGO,
    I hide, but they kill me as if I were standing in the middle of the map. When I shoot someone I feel and see how the bullets go through. Even having a good ping, when they kill me in the air, it feels like I'm going back in time and I've never jumped. Sorry for my bad english. I'm desperate. I'm already using TCP Optimizer, but there is a lot of bs in the internet, I feel that here are the real men who can help me
    What settings and tweaks would you recommend? Thanks in advance <3
    Hello, nice to have you here.
    Of course we will help you, but , well you have to be patient. When someone has the time ... they will post some interesting tweak.
    For starters, my experience with CSGO was very similar to yours, and to make it better you have to understand that it is not 1 single solution or tweak. It is like 15 - 20 checkpoints you have to do to minimize your system latency and your internet latency.
    Another thing is your PC rig.... You can play CSGO on anything decent, but to keep up with the world, you need above average specs (monitor, SSD, CPU, mouse, keyborad, headphones..)

So after this introduction, here are some basic stuff which are a MUST do to enjoy CSGO....
    - new/newish drivers
    - proper NVIDIA Control Panel settings
    - proper WIN settings (disable unneccesary process - power profile - CPU OC)
    - proper Internet settings
    - proper CSGO settings (video settings, autoexec or config...)
    - proper mouse setings
    - proper audio driver AND audio driver setings
    - some CSGO specific tricks .....

A LOT of what I am speaking about is in this forum thread already posted.... so do your homework, and report what and how did you check out...

What Windows you have and what are your PC system specs?

Quote Originally Posted by jack37 View Post
    Hello, nice to have you here.
    Of course we will help you, but , well you have to be patient. When someone has the time ... they will post some interesting tweak.
    For starters, my experience with CSGO was very similar to yours, and to make it better you have to understand that it is not 1 single solution or tweak. It is like 15 - 20 checkpoints you have to do to minimize your system latency and your internet latency.
    Another thing is your PC rig.... You can play CSGO on anything decent, but to keep up with the world, you need above average specs (monitor, SSD, CPU, mouse, keyborad, headphones..)

So after this introduction, here are some basic stuff which are a MUST do to enjoy CSGO....
    - new/newish drivers
    - proper NVIDIA Control Panel settings
    - proper WIN settings (disable unneccesary process - power profile - CPU OC)
    - proper Internet settings
    - proper CSGO settings (video settings, autoexec or config...)
    - proper mouse setings
    - proper audio driver AND audio driver setings
    - some CSGO specific tricks .....

A LOT of what I am speaking about is in this forum thread already posted.... so do your homework, and report what and how did you check out...
    Quote Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post
    What Windows you have and what are your PC system specs?
    Thanks for the quick reply. The truth is that I have been fiddling with services for a long time, windows regedit, TCP Optimizer, ethernet adapter settings, Nvidia control panel ... Many times I have been forced to do a clean installation of Windows due to this. I have currently tested most of the tweaks and optimizations listed on the internet. I have the background processes turned off, my Nvidia control panel set up like most people say it should be. I have tried with shadow cache turned off and on. I am using an SSD. When I deactivate shadow cache I notice improvement, but other days it's the other way around. I have deactivated Network Throttling, I have changed the "System Responsiveness". I am already using all variants of TCP_NoDelay, TcpAckblabla thing. I'm tired of this situation, I do not pretend to sound disrespectful. I do not know what to do. I'm not a new user in this, I've been looking for the holy grail for quite some time. I've also disabled the built-in sound card, since I'm using an external one. Messed araound with HPET, EIST and the other energy savers things...
    I do not have a single driver missing. Nothing seems to work. CSGO feels really CHOPPY, and when I shoot someone, the bullets keep going through as if they were ghosts. I'm using the maximum performance mode thanks to N1ko, and some improvement I've come to notice. But everything is more or less just as painful.

My specs:
    Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL2411 24 "144hz
    CPU: Intel i7 6800K
    MOBO: MSI X99A SLI PLUS
    GPU: Nvidia 760 4GB (Always Updated)
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 16GB CL15 (Just one)
    DRIVES: SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB + HDD Kingston 1 TB

That's not all, obviously, but I guess the most important thing. I have come to think that maybe it is the bottleneck caused by the graphic card, but even so, using this same equipment, I have seen better performance in terms of CSGO. Not in terms of FPS, I'm talking about hitreg, rubberbanding, stuttering and even feeling... I don't know what else I can say!

@Kromanoid
    Be sure that we will TRY to help you. It is both nice and sad to see you have a "history" with CSGO. Nice - because you have knowledge how to do things, and sad because it is happening to you at all.
    So on the more advanced level, I stay with my former statement. It is not 1 tweak - it is tweaks all around!

I have an 7700HQ CPU laptop, and ALL possible internet and non-internet tweaks and still from time to time my hitreg turns to ****. Depending on such trivial stuf - check my post above when windows decided to change my "full screen optimisation" setting. It took me days to set it right and to get my hitreg as I should.

Again - be patient, as we will help you to go thru all the settings one by one and get the best you can out of your system.
    Now, one of the basic things to do is to check your internet in general. Not your personal settings, but your ISP settings. (you probably already did that)
    Do you have gaming internet ? Some EU countries have low latency gaming internet, others dont. For internet speed and bufferbloat checking I use this link: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

For CSGO - bufferbloat is what you are looking at. Any speed is more or less OK.

Another thing I dont see in your post is Nvidia profile inspector - do you have it and do you know how to use it?

If I remember correctly I fixed my rubberbanding with NvidiaProfileInspector.
    As soon as I can I will write an advanced check list of tweaks for you....

I have the same monitor - XL2411z. Im writing (very slowly) a guide how & what to do to improve your performance in games. I aim at actually useful tweaks and ways to improve, unlike the 1000s guides which make your menu to show faster or to desable start up programs, or tcp tweaks But its not finnished yet so Im sory for that BTW Nagles Algoritm can only improve your internet browsing and the games which still use tcp protocol.

I will give you a link to my blog to see if you missed something. It will have an impact on your hit-reg, how big or small is depending wether you tweaked it before or parts of it.
    The issue you have can be a bad driver update so keep that in mind.

Here a part of one of my batchfiles:
    https://mega.nz/#!NhZBnZpb!JnIHxERPN...gHdZXlYcSTRYP0

http://n1kobg.blogspot.com/2017/03/i...r-hit-reg.html

ill post a part of that guide because you have the same monitor.

For BENQ Monitors: From the Service Menu or Blur Busters Strobe Utility decrease the Strobe Duty and Strobe Fase to 0 or 1- lowest. This will make the monitor faster & more responsive. You can't feel the difference but its there and you will find you perform a little bit better in FPS shooters. Thats if you are good player. Competitive gamers & skilled players need every advantage they can get. If you are noob dont bother, you need skills and fast reflexes to be able to utilise this tweak. Many people will say thats ******** because its few ms - your reactions are way slower that this. They're mistaken. Its hard to explain but these ms are benefitting the video card not you. The tweak allows the GPU to draw the enemy possition faster. Well more like the monitor shows faster what the GPU is already drawn. Also disable Overdrive or AMA depending on your monitor. Ultimately you can turn it on if you think you need that feature in game.

Brightness 100, Contrast 50, LowBlueLight-0, BlurReduction-OFF, InstantMode-ON ofcourse, Sharpness-5 (default) R=88, G=81, B=95

Of cource this can be applied to all monitors with these settings like Asus for example.

ps. BTW I made 3 small apps which improve hit-reg and optimize network connection and system performance (each have differend approach & work best all 3 combined). Im surprised to see people want to buy them

I have v1709 & v1803 and for some reason I have bad hit-reg on 1803. Just something worth mentioning.
    And you need better video card. That also could be the problem.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 05-31-18 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post
    I have v1709 & v1803 and for some reason I have bad hit-reg on 1803. Just something worth mentioning.
    And you need better video card. That also could be the problem.

i have v1803 and feeling the same...

Unfortunately CS-GO doesnt feel smooth for me, also a lot of shots not registering with the server...
    I7700K
    GTX1080 Ti
    so, very good hardware actually...

i signed up, because of this interesting thread and have tried a lot of the mentioned settings.
    but there is no current way to measure or compare the setting, only the feeling if its better or even worse changing the settings...

this is actual setting: (batch from n1kobg)

https://ibb.co/iifwiT
    https://ibb.co/mAEdxo
    https://ibb.co/nav7q8
    https://ibb.co/kw9BHo

maybe someone has an idea to optimize...

Ye many of the settings have positive impact but its hard to measure them. that doesnt mean the improvement isnt there. I do my hit-reg test on BF4 where the CPU have more work to do compared to CSGO and other hitscan games because except measuring your possitions related to other players it calculates the bullet deviation, spread, recoil, travel time ect. Also some visuals are transefered on the CPU as well on Frostbite engine. You can also see how you perform in terms of stats like K/D, Accuracy, 1v1 situations (need players you know and played before) or just general performance. I see people make simple FPS measurement and decide there is no improvement of the particular tweak or setting they test. Not everything is FPS and ping. They are just 1 of many indicators in their areas. Players with same FPS or ping are not equal.

Quote Originally Posted by sonexs View Post
    i have v1803 and feeling the same...

Unfortunately CS-GO doesnt feel smooth for me, also a lot of shots not registering with the server...
    this is actual setting: (batch from n1kobg)

https://ibb.co/iifwiT
    https://ibb.co/mAEdxo

maybe someone has an idea to optimize...
    Hi sonexs,
    I can see some inconsistency in the first two screen shots.... It refers to RSS or ReceiveSideScaling
    In the first screenshot you have it enabled (as it should be) and in the second screenshot you have that same ReceiveSideScaling DISABLED. So try to make that right - consistent.
    Also I can see that you have NumRssQueues set to 2 ...... If your NIC allows you, you can set it to 4.
    Some NIC settings allow only values 0 - 1 - 2 (like n1kobg) and some allow 0 - 1 - 2 - 4 (like mine). It is better 4 for 4 core CPUs.

Thats all I can see or say.

In general, the CSGO feeling has gone a bit worse with last win10 updates. But OTOH it is still playable if you get all the settings right. For example my hitreg howers from 70% to 85% accurate.
    Than all of a sudden something happens, like win10 decides to change some setting by it self (???????? It happened 3 times for me so far) and immediately my hitreg goes down to 25%.

I remember that at the time we were the most active here, a few months ago, with all this tweaks, I got to a hitreg of 100% and it was amasing. But that wonder lasted only a few days untill I decided to update some driver or something like that....
    Just wanted to point out that CSGO is a constant work in progres because of old game engine and (in my opinion) win10 going in broadband speed direction and not in a low latency direction.

Best regards

p.s. Also I can see your receive and transmit buffers are set pretty high. n1kobg plays PUBG where there si more data flow than CSGO. You can test lower buffers. I have set 128 kB for receive and 64 kB or 96kB for transmit buffer. So feel free to test lower values....

I ran the script linked below from page two of this thread on Windows 10 Pro 1803:

https://www.speedguide.net/forums/sh...=1#post2431608

It broke the search function from taskbar, I cannot write in Edge browser anymore or even search for anything in the main settings, and it broke the task schedular so most of my startup items fail now.

What part of the registry edits in that code from page 2 is responsible for this? I'm going to format and run it again without the services script and without the disable cortona script. Anything else that needs to be removed? Or is there a way to revert the changes responsible for breaking the main functionality of the OS?

Is there a better script that does all the necessary requirements without disabling any major Windows services that mess up main functions of the operating system?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by Blackfyre; 06-16-18 at 11:15 AM.