Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to stealth port no. 513, and 514 in my router

Hi, Philips thanks for the reply. But the exceptions are given in the settings of the avast program. I also accept the remedy by you, But change to google dns , pose a new problem of giving access to the router by the google dns to unknown servers. Changing to open dns also has the same problem. since those servers are having filters , they could just hide the server hijacks.
    As one come to this site to improve my knowledge about the routers, i am continuing this thread.
    Your words
    If your DNS servers hijack certain results, Please say something more, on why?

Blog Entries
    There are multiple reasons that some DNS servers change results, it could be any of the following:
    - to protect you from sites that are deemed malicious (like Google, for example)
    - to show you ads for non-existing domains (some ISPs do that, they show you their own results instead of the browser error page)
    - to track your browsing (by your ISP) for their internal reasons, to improve transparent proxies cache, to sell your data, whatever.

In addition, there is a type of DNS hijacking by malicious software that has infected your computer and redirects some of your browsing.