Thread: Best phone music player?

Best phone music player?

Preference for .mp3, maybe .wav or .shn Android app?

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Preference for .mp3, maybe .wav or .shn Android app?

Honestly there isn't one that's super or a really good app. That said most are happy with how their phones sound now. If you want better sound you need a dac.. (digital to audio converter) . Even at that you won't get true great audio unless your listening to flac or something like that. I'm not complaing about the quality of mp3. Anymore it's a given that's what your gonna get with most online stations with some like Radio Paridise offering ogg vorbis or AAC.

He's a link that explains DAC's for phones better. Happy reading!

https://www.androidcentral.com/what-...aving-good-one
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Blog Entries
    Hi John!

All devices that play digital music have some type of built-in DAC (digital to analog converter).. It's just that many phones/tablets have a cheaper 16-bit one, vs. a good home theater Yamaha receiver, for example that has a 96KHz DAC, a great upscaler, etc. (or a dedicated DAC+Amp), so that the same mp3 source may sound way better.

Regardless of the underlying technology, I think he was asking for a good software application to play his mp3s on an Android device. I personally use Google Play Music, in local mode. I don't particularly like it as it is somewhat hard to make playlists from folders, for example, especially if the mp3s are not properly marked with Album/Artist information. I'd be interested in something better as well. Seems it is harder to wade through all the apps to find something decent on the Play Store lately.

I used to dig the stock music player on kitkat. Then it eveolved and sucks now on noughat. I currently use an app called vanilla music.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I remember when the stock music player was actually that (a music player) and not some cloud-connected-recommended-musical-[cr]app as well.. Will have to look into music apps now as well, thanks for the pointer Tony

Hey downhill
    Good to see you.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    Finally got a damn cell phone, just trying to find a player that can handle different formats I throw at it for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Hi John!

All devices that play digital music have some type of built-in DAC (digital to analog converter).. .
    Yep correct, my bad. I was assuming he knew all that. Even with a better DAC most are listening with standard phones or buds. Not a lot to gain from a plugin dac to improve the sound really. I know some apps have an AGC built in that gives music a more fuller sound. I use one with SAM when I broadcast my shows but again.. its a sacrifice we make when we go from stationary and time to sit in front of a nice sound system to being mobile.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Honestly there isn't one that's super or a really good app. That said most are happy with how their phones sound now. If you want better sound you need a dac.. (digital to audio converter) . Even at that you won't get true great audio unless your listening to flac or something like that. I'm not complaing about the quality of mp3. Anymore it's a given that's what your gonna get with most online stations with some like Radio Paridise offering ogg vorbis or AAC.

He's a link that explains DAC's for phones better. Happy reading!

https://www.androidcentral.com/what-...aving-good-one
    Good to see you downhill

Hope you're well.

Just wondering if anyone had better luck with one cellphone app over another in terms of what formats it could handle.

Never going to expect good sound from a phone, though bluetooth portable speakers look like a lot of fun.

Quite a few friends who swear by them.

Blog Entries
    I've seen good reviews and heard good things about the BlackPlayer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackplayerfree