Thread: 100 vs 300

100 vs 300

My controller is 10/100 DSL modem does 300 would I notice difference if I got a 1000 controller? I'm not having any problems just wonder if would notice any difference kinda doubt it.

Blog Entries
    Please explain, I am not sure I understand the question. What "controller", do you mean the Network adapter? "DSL modem does 300" - 300 what?

If you are asking whether a 10/100Mbps NIC will perform worse than a Gigabit NIC with DSL, then probably not. Gigabit will help with faster local network file transfers.

Yeah. network interface controller and meant to put 1000Mbps, 300 is modem/router max wifi 1000 wired. The only files I transfer on my local network are from Tivo to Tivo wireless, computer is only one wired directly.

Blog Entries
    If your wireless is only 300Mbps, then yes, you can probably improve that. Over wifi, you will currently likely be limited to 20-40Mbps, and if you have multiple clients video streaming will be affected. Newer 802.11ac routers are much better if your clients can take advantage of it. Whether you need the additional wireless speed is up to you