Thread: Cleaning floormats

Cleaning floormats

I have a car with beige/camel interior. Any of you with close to the same thing know that dirt shows up right away. About once a month I pull the floor mats out and scrub them with a nylon brush and laundry detergent. I've been getting them pretty clean, but not as clean as I would like. Today I took the spray bottle of Shout Stain Remover that we had in the laundry room and hit the mats with it before applying the laundry detergent and all I can say is... Wow. Twice as clean as if I had only used the detergent.

Good idea. I've washed mine with car wash liquid soap a few times and rinsed them with a water hose. Mine are black but they get dirty bc I have a dirt floor in my garage and even though I wipe my feet on a welcome mat before I get in, they still get dirty.

Almost 23,000 people viewed this post. I figured it was about time someone replied to it.

Car Wash soap will not remove what is in your floor mats. You need something that cleans fabric. As I mentioned above... laundry detergent and some Shout stain remover along with a good scrubbing and then hose down will really bring them back to life. I like to rinse them twice, after the first rinse I will take the brush to them again and then do the 2nd rinse. Any cleaner that is left behind will attract dirt.