Thread: Facebook Issues

Advanced Member

Facebook Issues

Hi, I have been helping someone who has a couple Facebook issues and I've not been able to figure it out. First off, she was getting GAME REQUESTS on the right side of the screen, sidebar. So I turned off a lot of her notificiations. Now, when she clicks the NOTIFICATION icon on the top bar, the box comes up, but instead of any notifications coming up inside the box, she just gets the spinning circle arrow, it never loads.

Also, at the top of the right side (sidebar) she has TICKER which we have hidden. Below that are 2 Game Requests. When I first went in to help her there were 3 Game Requests here and when I hovered over them, I got an X to delete on the right. I deleted all 3. But when we exited the browser and went back in, 2 of those Game Requests came back and now click the DELETE X does nothing. Can you tell me how we can clear those?

Blog Entries
    I suppose it depends on your OS, browser or app, etc... Generally you have to go into "Apps > Games > Activity" to block requests.

Advanced Member
    This was using Google Chrome on a desktop PC with Windows 8.1. As I mentioned, at the top of the right side (sidebar) she has TICKER which we have hidden. Below that are 2 Game Requests. Funny thing is that my Facebook the top right is totally different, first I have "Today's Games", next below that is "Trending", then below that are ads. I really think it's weird that it let me delete the 3 Game Request originally, then 2 came back and it won't let me delete those. But the bigger problem is the Notifications not loading, any help for that?

Blog Entries
    I'd logout, restart Chrome to a different page, clear the browser cache, and see what it looks like afterwards.