Thread: You Tube & Time Warner Broadband

You Tube & Time Warner Broadband

I have had trouble watching You-Tube videos for some time. Ever so ofter a pop up appears with Google blaming TWC for poor broadband service claiming the bandwidth is insufficient. I have 30MB/s and I can confirm that since I run a bandwidth monitoring program all the time (Bit Meter).

Watching the 'stream' if you can call it that looks more like a 'dribble' where 'bursts' show every few second instead of a regular 'stream'. Anyone else get these popups with the same 'studding' problem, or worse yet a black screen with no video??

Blog Entries
    No. YouTube videos should work fine on anything over ~3Mbps, if you are getting stuttering there is some type of problem with your internet connection, or all your bandwidth is being consumed by something else.

Bandwidth is definitely not being consumed by something else.

Any other input here??

Other than the 'Tower' I use (PC), the only devices that 'consume' anything are two TiVo DVR's that only download Guide data one or twice a day and that is very little (just data) for periods of minutes.
    There only the two of us, no kids with vidiot games etc chocking bandwidth.

If it is getting consumed by "something else" it isn't here, then it's before it gets here. The message Google puts up blames TWC.
    Last edited by videobruce; 03-25-17 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I am not sure abut your way of monitoring, I am not familiar with that "Bit Meter" and what it measures other than the total consumed gigabytes.

If you are getting choppy YouTube/streaming, I suggest that you test your speeds from a distant server using speedtest.net or comparable web-based service. They should not be choppy with any speed over ~3Mbps. Most likely, it is a problem with your internet connection that should be addressed by TWC. It is also possible that it is something with your local connection, i.e. Wi-Fi issues, etc.