Thread: Need help with internet speed issue.

Need help with internet speed issue.

Hello Everyone,
    So i have a 35MB connection,
    So the issue is that everything is working fine on the downoadin side (browsing, downloading etc) but I am not getting the good uploading speed. When i upload file on any server (mega, youtube etc) i am only getting uploading speed from 200-400 KB/s, some times 500). It was working fine before (i was getting from 2 mb to 3) and suddenly yesterday it dropped and now the max upload speed i am getting is 500kb. And the weird thing is that that speed test still shows 35 mb.

Why am i having this issue, I will really appreciate if someone helps me.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    The speed test picks a location close to you by default. As such, it is usually in the same city, even the same ISP, and they have plenty of bandwidth to that location. That does not necessarily hold true going across other backbones onto the internet, the bottleneck may be in any one node between you and your destination server. There are not many web servers that would allow you to upload much faster than that.

It could be simply a temporary congestion at the destination server, or your ISP. It may help to ask yourself the following questions:

Do you still get the same fast speeds if you pick a different server far from your physical location ?
    Do you get the same speeds at peak times (5PM-midnight) as during the day ?
    What speeds do you get when uploading to a different fast server ?
    Are your modem signal levels good ?
    Are you using wireless, any interference ?

I hope this helps some. Tweaking can generally improve your broadband connection, but it will not fix line issues.

i was getting a great upload speed before, on youtube and mega both. My download speed is still the same only the upload speed has decreased. I uploading the files/videos from the same side and to the same side. My ISP says there's no issue on their end and the upload speed has to be fine as you see on speed test.
    My router us also fine because i was getting 35MB speed on the same router, i am also using the CAT6 pure copper Cable.

The only thing comes to my mind is that may be my ISP blocked the upload speed (may be because to them I uploaded too much data this week). Is it possible that they blocked the upload speed to my link the way that speedtest shows the correct speed they are offering but I dont get it when i try to upload anything.

PS: i uploaded a 14gb file in an hour yesterday morning before going to work, but yesterday evening when i came home i started uploading another file and suddenly my internet go DC and then went back on after 4-5 mins and since then i getting upload speed from 300-5000 KB. I talked with my ISP for a while and they said that there's nothing wrong from their end. I told them to monitor my upload speed which they did and then i asked them "SO?" then they said let us check from our side again and after that i haven't heard from them.

My current speed test, and i am getting this much download speed right now but sadly upload speed is at 300s KB/s instead of min 7000s KB/s.
    Right now is a peak time.

Blog Entries
    It is possible for a connection to start much faster, then get throttled to a more sustainable speed as part of your ISP's QoS management/bandwidth prioritization. It is hard to say whether this is happening though, it is more likely just a capacity/congestion issue.

Yeah but i was getting the speed from day 1, the connection is 35(Dwn) Mb d-35(Up) Mb and it doubles when its not a peak time (from 1 am to 11 am).
    Today they told me that they are having a with the upstream and It'll be resolved in few days.
    Can that happen? that they(my ISP) are having issue from their end with upstream but the down stream is working fine.

Blog Entries
    It is hard to know whether they are actually sharing their issues with you, but it is theoretically possible.. Residential connections typically use a lot more downstream traffic, however, hosting services (web servers, streaming video servers, etc.) takes a lot of upstream traffic. They could be selling unused upstream bandwidth for servers and other business services. Also, they have some type of peering/interconnect arrangements with other companies. Those arrangements change, even undersea optical cables get cut, so there is sometimes need to reroute traffic and the total bandwidth capacity can change.

I use Hughesnet how do I check the above

how to check

using hughesnet
    how to check

Blog Entries
    How to check what ?

You can simply do a trace or check your latency by dropping to command prompt (search: cmd) and typing:

tracert speedguide.net
    ping speedguide.net

Alternatively, you can see your ping from various websites, including the SG main page:
    http://www.speedguide.net/networktools.php
    http://www.speedguide.net/ip/