Thread: Just got a new Router

Cool Just got a new Router

Should be here Friday.

Asus RT-AC3200. I basically wanted more control and more power. I've been watching a few setup videos and reading the manual. I like that I can have 3 different Guest accounts. I do have to admit that once I start to get into the details I get a little lost. If there is anything you can think of to point me in the right direction or any "gotcha's" let me know. it also seems to have a lot of usage reports and I find that very interesting.

I'll probably be back in a couple of days with some questions.

Blog Entries
    I use the Asus RT-AC68R , same interface minus the smart band steering and a bit lower bandwidth... I use QoS in "bandwidth limiter" mode, helps to have some control over tween Youtube/Netflix bandwidth usage AiProtection is good for kids as well.

Wow! I'm definitely a networking/wireless noob but... Wow! The wireless on this thing is incredible. My old D-link must have had old wireless tech because this new one has brought my Wireless PC and iPad up to my advertised speeds. I really like the GUI. Setup and making changes is a breeze. Very Happy! Never looking back on this purchase.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, with newer 802.11ac routers (MU-MIMO beamforming, etc.) they really got it right... I enjoy mine as well, good to hear it's working out

The next big thing that's coming out will probably be residential mesh networks, there are 4-5 brands already out, but relatively expensive still.

I just wanted write a small 6 month report... My Netflix dropouts have ended, we can have 4 or 5 network connections going on at the same time (when relatives visit) and this thing just keep throwing out a solid signal. It's one of those things that I was actually happy to spend my money on.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, 802.11ac routers are great, especially with multiple simultaneous clients and video streaming. Glad it's working well for you