Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating the holiday tomorrow, read this.

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating the holiday tomorrow, read this.

Hello folks.. just dropping in to say Hi on my favorite important I.T. site.

Just a few words that need to be said..

I hope all of you have a great holiday tomorrow.. to those who know me.. life has been unbelievable good to me and my family.. and oh yes.. I'm very blessed. I bought a foreclosed house down here in South Carolina and my neighborhood was great for a few years, but a lot of people started moving out because of the bad crime (drug dealing). When I came home one day this past summer and I saw one young man beating another young man in the head with a piece of wood... "thru" a car window. Probably did not pay for "whatever".. that.. and including the weekend nightly "gun shots" (no joke) was last straw. My Wife and I did not dare to put my daughter out side in the front yard to play.. as it was so wicked out there.. so I put my house on the market. I did not think that it was sell.. but it did.. and I made a "very" large profit off of it! And I bought a "brand new" house in a very nice neighborhood. The house is automated with GE z-wave electrical outlets, which is pretty awesome... but the great neighborhood and people here are 100% awesome!

I'm still working in I.T. on a very large Wide Area Network (WAN). And also, I actually am now "teaching" I.T. certifications remotely nationwide and "worldwide". Next year I may be teaching a certain organization live on at certain sites.. part time. Things are so wild when I think back.. I have "a lot" to be thankful for.. even book publishers send me free book when I ask them.. and "famous authors" of certain I.T. books have actually asked "me" for advice with their own books!

I don't know "everything".. and I'm not trying to be egotistical.. I'm just "so grateful".. you guys have no idea. In my teaching in CompTIA A+, I started to reference Philip's site here.. as He gave me a lot of courtesy years ago.. I never forgot that... and even though I'm am "wicked busy" I always remember this site going forward... I hope that some of the old timers here like YOSC.. ect are doing well. Oh ya.. great ready for the S.G. Xmas Snow! Everyone loves the snow! :-)

Have a great day tomorrow! - Tom
    Last edited by Shinobi; 11-23-16 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving!

It's great to hear things are looking up for you Tom, really glad for you and what you've accomplished! Good move with the house as well, area is really important when you have to think about kids and schools.
    Thanks for the nice words about the site as well, we've always tried to help people. Some of the old regulars still cruise through the forums, stop by more often In fact, I am very thankful to everyone who has been a part of the forums and tried to help others all these years!

snow? i like the snow .....and the santa hat!!

glad to hear your doing so well!

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Thanks for the nice words about the site as well, we've always tried to help people. Some of the old regulars still cruise through the forums, stop by more often In fact, I am very thankful to everyone who has been a part of the forums and tried to help others all these years!
    Truth
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

all good news Tom,glad to hear you and your family are doing well.

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Where is YeOldeStoneCat ? He should be around here still :-)

Blog Entries
    He's hiding..