Thread: Laptop with internal battery will not charge the battery.

Laptop with internal battery will not charge the battery.

This issue started Friday. On Thursday, I unplugged it from the charger as usual and used it until just after the 10% warning beep. It shut itself off and I returned it to the charger. I went to bed thinking nothing of it. When I got up and unplugged it, it refused to boot. So I plugged it back in and it booted just fine. That was when I discovered that it was at 8%, plugged in and not charging. It remained that way until this morning....not it says 0% and not charging.

I've tried uninstalling the driver, I've tried disabling the driver. I've pushed the reset the battery button. I downloaded a battery monitor and it said that my battery has only lost 7% of it's battery life since it was put into use. I'm open to new suggestions. Anyone here have any ideas?

It's an Acer Aspire ES1-511 running Windows 8.1

I've left a message for the people at Acer but I will not get anything back from them for days....if ever. I could really use the help! Thanks!

Blog Entries
    You may want to try the steps outlined in our FAQ here:

http://www.speedguide.net/faq/laptop...ng-windows-380

Please let us know if it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    You may want to try the steps outlined in our FAQ here:

http://www.speedguide.net/faq/laptop...ng-windows-380

Please let us know if it works for you.
    My laptop has an internal battery. I have followed all of those steps, several times, to no avail. I have not uninstalled the AC adapter because I'm afraid that if I do the laptop will not work at all. As it is, the laptop has only been able to work on AC power since Friday. The battery is now registering at 0%, plugged in and not charging. The battery indicator light is flashing.

Blog Entries
    I would try to do a static discharge of the laptop:
    Power down Windows. Unplug the AC charger. Normally, you also have to remove the battery, but since you can't, just go to next step. Hold the Power button down for 20+ seconds. Note this will only work if the computer does not power up and the battery is fully drained. It may help to leave the computer on to drain the battery completely first otherwise.

It is possible for the battery to be dead, but it is rarely the case, and I would definitely exhaust all other possibilities before considering this. I wouldn't worry too much about uninstalling drivers in Device Manager, they shouldn't affect the laptop being able to power up.