Thread: Choose TCP Optimizer "optimal" settting but have yet to reboot and changed my mind

Choose TCP Optimizer "optimal" settting but have yet to reboot and changed my mind

I will soon be starting a research project through university. This will require much info sharing through P2P and thought I would look into tweaking my connections. I am running Windows 10 and have comcast with a VPN as my ISP at 1GB powerboost speed. The more I read through the forums it seems these tweaks are more for gaming, which I am not in need of at this time. Can I somehow stop the reg tweaks prior to restarting, or, am I just not finding the information more targeted to my needs on the speedguide site?

Help, I really would like to shut down at some point.
    Last edited by Rev LouCifer; 08-02-16 at 03:21 AM.

Nada, Zip, Zilch, 24hrs and bam, right to the kisser I guiess, Down Goes Frazier. Not a person out there who cares about a schmuck like me3, wow, I feel like i am at home.

Blog Entries
    Please excuse the delay in getting back to you. Just apply the "Windows defaults" settings in the TCP Optimizer. If you want to make sure you've completely reset your connection (even from other tweaking programs, bad drivers, etc.), you can also reset TCP/IP and Winsock from the TCP Optimizer's "File" menu. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Please excuse the delay in getting back to you. Just apply the "Windows defaults" settings in the TCP Optimizer. If you want to make sure you've completely reset your connection (even from other tweaking programs, bad drivers, etc.), you can also reset TCP/IP and Winsock from the TCP Optimizer's "File" menu. I hope this helps.
    THANX, but, I have read many many of the posts and the FAQ, as well, and, maybe I was a bit off. And, No, I have still not shut down. Will the "Optimal" settings help me with what I am looking for, which is really just to get the most out of what my ISP offers. Offering and Providing are two different terms thats for certain. Also, how I ended up at speedtest this time, not for a speedtest as usual, but looking for a way to search and find open ports on my cpu. I found the post about the MS tool NETSAT, is this the path of least resistance for Windows 10? The port I was using is now "experiencing difficulty"

I ran the speedtest port checker and thought I had every trojan under the sun for a moment, wowza, took a moment to determine what that readout was, thankfully.

Blog Entries
    Yes, the "Optimal" settings should help you get most out of your connection. Other than that, each of the settings is described in more detail in this article: http://www.speedguide.net/articles/w...ip-tweaks-5077

I hope this helps.