Thread: TCP Optimizer not completely restoring all the settings from original backup

TCP Optimizer not completely restoring all the settings from original backup

I used TCPOptimizer and changed my original settings to the Optimized setting to see if it would make a difference.

I saved a backup of my original settings before I clicked to apply the changes and it rebooted my computer and all that.

Later, when I wanted to go back to my old settings, I tried to restore to the old setting .spg file but it seems that after restoring back to the old settings, my current settings are still not exactly the same as my original settings.

Namely, in my original settings, there were 3 things that were "No Key" but after restoring to the old settings these parameters are not going back to "No Key":

my QoS NonBestEffortLimit was "No Key" but now even after supposedly restoring using the backup of those settings, it leaves that value at "0" instead of "No Key".

The second thing is the TCPNoDelay value - It's showing "Default: n/a" after restoring, even though the original was "No Key".
    The same thing happened to QoS Do Not Use NLA, which is now left at "1" instead of being "No Key".

What can I do to change these parameters back to "no key"? Or is NonBestEffortLimit being at 0 the same as No Key, for example, and so on for the other two values too? Thanks

Blog Entries
    "default n/a" should be the same as "no key", are you sure they were not there originally ? Will look into the QoS NonBestEffortLimit.

Hi, thanks for the swift reply!

Regarding the dilemma I've been having, I couldn't figure out how to attach images on this forum, so I've uploaded screenshots to tinyurl. http://imgur.com/a/k9nvm

The first one is from a screenshot i took of my original unmodified settings. It read "No Key" for those parameters (I've circled them)

The bottom one is a screenshot of what it looks like currently, the "restored" settings (i've circled the settings that have not apparently bounced back to its original value)

So as can be seen, in the top picture for example the TCPNodelay is set to No Key, but in the bottom it's now at "N/A" (default N/A)

Blog Entries
    For TCPNoDelay: the "No Key" and "default: n/a" are the same, so there is nothing for you to do.
    For NonBestEffortLimit: Delete the number in the box, and it will delete the value from the registry
    For "Do not use NLA": Choose "default: n/a" in the combo box and apply, it will delete the value from the registry

We will look into the backup/restore discrepancy in the QoS advanced settings, thanks for the screenshot.