Thread: New puter ..

New puter ..

New intel 3.5 processor.. Asus x99-a and samusun 480 gig SSD.. 32 gigs of ddr4. So far so good. It boots in 12 seconds.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

didn't you have a 4930K on the X79 platform already ?

Blog Entries
    Sounds nice... 32 Gb DDR4 sounds a bit of an overkill, hehe. What "Intel 3.5 processor" ? Core I5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Sounds nice... 32 Gb DDR4 sounds a bit of an overkill, hehe. What "Intel 3.5 processor" ? Core I5 ?
    Yeah it does but I do a lot of photo editing in RAW. It does help out a lot.

Mobo is an Asus X99-A USB 3.1. I had an LG 2011 Asus board thinking I'd be good for a cpu upgrade in the future. it was a 6 core 3.0 processor. Seems that's kind of dead for bigger upgrades so ended up just building a new puter.

Processor is an Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5 Ghz. Vid card is an EVGA 980 TI Memory is Gskill DDR4 3000. I know there's not much of a boost with faster memory but it was on sale.

The SSD is a SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 512GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal drive. I got this simply cuz it was on sale over the Micron stuff. other than the BX series which I didn't' want. That's pretty much the core of it all.

Pretty much everything was on sale but for most of it I'd bet will be the same price after Christmas.

My last build I used a Micron 128 gig SSD.. I had like 75 gigs on my C drive at the time and figured that was tons. Nope. . wasn't close. So a lot bigger SSD and I'm reading that maybe in a year and a half that the cost per gig of either a regular hd or SSD will be about the same costs.. that's crazy!
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

sounds like a killer system for sure