Thread: Help

Help

Can someone tell me how to retrieve my security network key for a Siemens SpeedStream 6520 router. The router has been in storage for sometime and I have just unpacked it but cannot connect to the internet using it because I have forgotten the security network key

Blog Entries
    Here are some steps to follow:

1. Connect to a LAN port on it with an Ethernet cable (your client computer has to be set to obtain an IP automatically, or in the same IP block as the router IP)..
    2. Connect to the modem using a web browser, the default IP of this model is 192.168.254.254, username: admin, pass: admin ... See: http://www.speedguide.net/routers/si...sl-gateway-331
    2a. If you can't connect to it, drop to command prompt and type: ipconfig /all (Look for the line that lists "Gateway" IP address, and try that one in your web browser)
    3. Change the Wireless key to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Here are some steps to follow:

1. Connect to a LAN port on it with an Ethernet cable (your client computer has to be set to obtain an IP automatically, or in the same IP block as the router IP)..
    2. Connect to the modem using a web browser, the default IP of this model is 192.168.254.254, username: admin, pass: admin ... See: http://www.speedguide.net/routers/si...sl-gateway-331
    2a. If you can't connect to it, drop to command prompt and type: ipconfig /all (Look for the line that lists "Gateway" IP address, and try that one in your web browser)
    3. Change the Wireless key to your liking.

Hi Philip,
    Cheers for the response. I've followed your steps but when it comes to entering the username and password it denies me access when i use "admin" as the username and password. I don't know what the problem is.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The default username/password may have been changed previously by you, or your ISP. If you can't guess it you have to try resetting it to the factory default (ISPs sometimes put a sticker on the bottom of the device with username/pass).

To reset the modem, locate the "RESET" pinhole on the back of the modem. Use a paperclip to push it in for ~5 seconds until the power light turns red (do not hold it much longer, as it will get cancelled in 10 seconds). Do not turn off the modem during reset, just wait for a minute or so until the LEDs settle back to their usual pattern. This should reset it to the factory defaults.