Thread: HP 1000 Just Refused to Work

HP 1000 Just Refused to Work

Hi,

I have an HP 1000 that's been a decent printer but has been unpredictable sometimes. I just printed off 2 packing slips for things I sold, and then when I tried to print 2 shipping labels for these items, it gave me a "one cartridge is missing" warning and would not print. I've printed with black ink only for a long time, and I don't even have a color cart in there. Why is it pulling this on me? The black ink cart has not been in it that long. I checked my settings, then I tried installing an old color cart that doesn't work, just to see if it would print. but it would not.

Please advise if you know what's wrong here.
    Otherwise I'm going to have to find a new printer and take my packages to the USPS to get them shipped.

Thank you.

Do you think it will help if I get a color ink for it and install it?

I'm thinking of buying a used HP F2200 all in one for $20. It takes ink that's only about $12 each for refurbed ink.
    I prefer inkjet printers. Not wanting to get into laser printing with the supposed health hazards they create.
    I'd like a printer that won't be expensive for ink.

Blog Entries
    The only alleged health risk related to sitting close to laser printers is from them "emitting ultra small particles"... Just from the hot air coming out of printers reacting with ozone in the air (note it is not particles coming out of the printer, rather condensation of vapor). The same can be said for cooking, burning candles, using a heater, etc.

Hi Philip,

So if someone only printed a few pages at a time like I usually do, the laser printer wouldn't emit any particles?
    I think I read that its when laser printers get hot that they cause some indoor air pollution.

As it is now, my sales are very slow. I'm almost willing to just drive to the library and pay them 10c a page there and just do without printers any more.

The guy at Office Depot thinks my HP has died. Its only a few years old. If it is dead, its really a piece of junk. I bought it new and have used it only sparingly. Its pathetic if HP can't make something better than this.