Thread: What do you think about the Koch Brother's Agenda?

What do you think about the Koch Brother's Agenda?

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/5/2...e_chilling_new

I'm interested in your perspective.
    Last edited by Debbie; 08-21-15 at 07:19 AM.

Looks interesting Debs, only had a chance to watch the first 5 minutes.

Will try to watch the rest during my Sun/Mon weekend.

<can't help>more than one brother possessive=brothers'<can't help>

Another few minutes in...damn.

Politics I hate, and jackasses I hate. People who use their money to further sh*tty agendas I hate.

Looks like a couple of, yet more, money obsessed d*cks, that have found a way to push their agenda through by catering to the other clueless dipsh*ts that share their political views. Money is a powerful tool, and these guys seem like powerful tools as well.

You can spin anything however you want to show your opinion, but this seems pretty clear.

That good ole 1% (sarcasm).

Robert Greenwald did an earlier version of this film. Looking for it now.

I signed the petition... http://www.bravenewfilms.org/kochfilm_stream
    Last edited by Debbie; 08-21-15 at 07:22 AM.

My intention regarding posting this film was not to get anyone upset. I really believe that there are many people who do not know who these guys are.

This is the main reason we have to loosen the corporate grip on government. We have to take our voting habits seriously. I never thought I would be entertaining time on a political thread, but I don't know about all of you, I had enough.

This has been going on for ages. I find it totally disgusting and repulsive. Do a little research on the Rockefellers, Bilderberg, etc. and you will see the broader span of the corruption.

Also, I believe that one of the main agendas of the idiots is to keep up racial tensions to the max to draw attention away from all of the other crap they are pulling.

The Koch brothers are just one example. There are definitely others.

Jessie has a good point. We MUST educate ourselves and find out WHO IS BEHIND the candidates.

"We the people" allowed this to happen. JMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAy3ogDMCIU

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    The Koch brothers are just one example. There are definitely others.

Jessie has a good point. We MUST educate ourselves and find out WHO IS BEHIND the candidates.

"We the people" allowed this to happen. JMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAy3ogDMCIU

Jesse Ventura

well i'm @3:23 in and what I"ve got so far is the Koch brothers are rich and they employ 50,000 folks in the U.S. .... Oh the horror!

Oh and this "They can bold face lie..." what, like Harry Reid when he lied about Romney's taxes? Or... Barry O " If you like your doctor, you'll be able to keep your doctor; if you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan." Or Hillary... ""I remember landing under sniper fire."

Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post
    Jesse Ventura

well i'm @3:23 in and what I"ve got so far is the Koch brothers are rich and they employ 50,000 folks in the U.S. .... Oh the horror!
    Do you really think that makes up for the horrible things that they are doing? Remove your blinders.

POLITICS!

No disrespect meant Debbie. Its just we are at a new place in the game. Rules are always being rewritten, instant access and poor reporting and people run with half truths instead of waiting for a story to settle down. One thing I am sure of is this year will make past years shudder and ask WTF!!!

I'm sure lots of big business does stuff like this. The problem is changing things. A law changed here and there won't fix the issue, the system needs an entire rework and we aren't in a place to do that right now the way all the leaders and TV pundits squabble like highschoolers.

The Koch Brothers are expected to spend a billion dollars on this election. Think about that.. Now if you mention this to a hard core Faux news fan you get the caught in the headlights look. Then.. they go.. .but what about George Soros? Apples and oranges but it does show there is a monumental problem in DC when two major things are happening that totally disregards how congress and our Presidents run the country.

1. That before the supreme court decision Citizens United v. FEC money in our national elections was just out of hand despite new campaign laws and now that it's a law that with pacs...and few limits it's really apparent that our best interests of what the country wants is in the hands of some very powerful people and wall street and even other nations. Let that sink in for a bit.

2. Even with money corrupting elections with tons and tons of negative advertising and out and out fabrications..... the worst is new voter laws and redistricting that are only changed to KEEP people from voting.

So it's really a simple matter of asking yourselves...who does this benefit? With the Koch brothers, they've pretty much bought what they want in a lot of coal producing states with cutting off the tops of hills and filling ravines.. but they have a bigger agenda and thats to fight any environmental laws that fight global warming. Buying congress is the easiest way.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    The Koch Brothers are expected to spend a billion dollars on this election. Think about that.. Now if you mention this to a hard core Faux news fan you get the caught in the headlights look. Then.. they go.. .but what about George Soros? Apples and oranges but it does show there is a monumental problem in DC when two major things are happening that totally disregards how congress and our Presidents run the country.

1. That before the supreme court decision Citizens United v. FEC money in our national elections was just out of hand despite new campaign laws and now that it's a law that with pacs...and few limits it's really apparent that our best interests of what the country wants is in the hands of some very powerful people and wall street and even other nations. Let that sink in for a bit.

2. Even with money corrupting elections with tons and tons of negative advertising and out and out fabrications..... the worst is new voter laws and redistricting that are only changed to KEEP people from voting.

So it's really a simple matter of asking yourselves...who does this benefit? With the Koch brothers, they've pretty much bought what they want in a lot of coal producing states with cutting off the tops of hills and filling ravines.. but they have a bigger agenda and thats to fight any environmental laws that fight global warming. Buying congress is the easiest way.
    It is really disgusting.

It sure is, Debbie.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

No disrespect intended, but clue-less voters never help.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    No disrespect intended, but clue-less voters never help.
    Exactly Humby. Many people think they have done their civic duty by goiing to the polls to vote. A large percentage vote blindly. Then they don't do anything except complain to themselves when things go bad.

Sanders was being honest in this video. He is pushing for a grassroots movement. People need to get involved and not just sit on their A$$ at home and complain among themselves.

Working in Government Relations for the past 7 years, I realize how important that is.

Last edited by Debbie; 08-29-15 at 08:17 AM.