Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132

Thread: if Trump is elected president ?

  1. #101
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,988
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    Bla bla bla.

    What in the hell are they going to do about his hair?
    http://yodibm.com/led-lighting-for-h...ips-for-homes/

  2. #102
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    the majority of voting americans disagree with you on that point
    Humm Fox news myth? Most voted Clinton by over a million votes and more coming in still
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

  3. #103
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,985
    Downhill is right, the gap is widening as the votes are tallied and expected to grow even more. If you look at exit polls you can also see that even the people that voted for Trump, by a large amount, do not think he has the experience or temperament to be president. Instead most of people that voted Trump did so because they wanted change and/or they were angry at the government. The majority of voting Americans wanted Clinton, but the angry people in a few states got to decide the president for all of us.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  4. #104
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,985
    It will be interesting to see how this wall ordeal is going to play out. He has already downgraded to parts of the wall will be fences.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  5. #105
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Humm Fox news myth? Most voted Clinton by over a million votes and more coming in still
    Take away the extreme liberal state of CA...which hardly is a representation of the rest of the country. The crook beat the idiot by 3 million in CA. Boom..and there it is! Not really all to hard to grasp that one!
    In the rest of the country, the idiot had the edge.
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/clinto...tates-winning/

    The way I look at it, it's the people that make America great, not the President. We should be able to control ourselves, and be good to other people, and be happy out there each and every day, and how we interact with other people.

    I'm amazed (to a point of sadness almost)...at how much you see these Liberal rioters out there causing so much hate and damage and destruction. For fvcks sake...a crowd destroyed an SUV as a pregnant woman tried to drive herself to the hospital for some pregnancy issue. The protesters surrounded her SUV, smashed up her windshield, hood of her car, blocked her...had her in hysterics...bunch of 'em standing there in their birkenstocks holding up their iphones video'ing it. And then a couple of rioters finally realize the hysteric lady was some pregnant woman..and they let her through. AFTER destroying her SUV and getting her in tears. Good job rioters....good job! WTF is wrong with people!

    Whoever we have for president will not make me racist, will not make me white supremacist. If people choose to be racist ...it is because of whatever is inside of them, morally. Saying that they blame the president for making things racist is weak and spineless. People need to account for themselves.

    Personally, I won't beat the doomsday drum because of whoever we have for a president. I'll continue to get up each day, do good work, and be good to people around me, my family, neighbors, co-workers, clients, people I meet on the street, whoever. And I'll do what I can to contribute to the local economy thus the American economy...here at our IT business we focus on selling as many locally US made products and services that we can (which, granted, is hard in the IT industry).

    Sure, I couldn't stand Hillery. The Democratic party did have a few candidates I'd not have minded...but Hillery was chosen many years ago. The way Hillery won the democratic nomination was not too unlike how Trump won...she played that delegate system, just like Trump played the electoral system.

    I didn't like Trump either. The fact that both parties allowed corruption to get to the end result of the two candidates we ended up with...that stinks.
    8 years ago we saw how social media began to steer elections. 4 years ago we got more of a taste of it. This election....social media skyrocketed in how it slanted an election. Sadly, in 4 more years..ugh, I'd like to say I can't wait to see how bad it will be, but I can wait....it'll suck.

    The whole side issue of "snowflake millenials"...too distraught to go to school, suicide hotlines working overtime. That's just ..embarrassing for them. It's just one facet of many symptoms of that whole generation, and we see similar things in the workplace and out in the real world, where they crumble and have breakdowns and tantrums. Would be nice to see them stop wasting their parents hard earned college tuition money and start going to classes again.

    The country needs to unite again, and move on. Stop the baby tantrums. The person I wanted in the oval office isn't there either, but I'll succeed in my every day life. Those people all distraught and trying to excuse their bad behavior on someone else, or blame their bad luck on someone else? They need to get a backbone and hold themselves accountable for their own actions and their own success. And in 4 more years hopefully we get a better choice in candidates.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  6. #106
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,985
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Take away the extreme liberal state of CA...which hardly is a representation of the rest of the country. The crook beat the idiot by 3 million in CA. Boom..and there it is! Not really all to hard to grasp that one!
    In the rest of the country, the idiot had the edge.
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/clinto...tates-winning/

    The way I look at it, it's the people that make America great, not the President. We should be able to control ourselves, and be good to other people, and be happy out there each and every day, and how we interact with other people.

    I'm amazed (to a point of sadness almost)...at how much you see these Liberal rioters out there causing so much hate and damage and destruction. For fvcks sake...a crowd destroyed an SUV as a pregnant woman tried to drive herself to the hospital for some pregnancy issue. The protesters surrounded her SUV, smashed up her windshield, hood of her car, blocked her...had her in hysterics...bunch of 'em standing there in their birkenstocks holding up their iphones video'ing it. And then a couple of rioters finally realize the hysteric lady was some pregnant woman..and they let her through. AFTER destroying her SUV and getting her in tears. Good job rioters....good job! WTF is wrong with people!

    Whoever we have for president will not make me racist, will not make me white supremacist. If people choose to be racist ...it is because of whatever is inside of them, morally. Saying that they blame the president for making things racist is weak and spineless. People need to account for themselves.

    Personally, I won't beat the doomsday drum because of whoever we have for a president. I'll continue to get up each day, do good work, and be good to people around me, my family, neighbors, co-workers, clients, people I meet on the street, whoever. And I'll do what I can to contribute to the local economy thus the American economy...here at our IT business we focus on selling as many locally US made products and services that we can (which, granted, is hard in the IT industry).

    Sure, I couldn't stand Hillery. The Democratic party did have a few candidates I'd not have minded...but Hillery was chosen many years ago. The way Hillery won the democratic nomination was not too unlike how Trump won...she played that delegate system, just like Trump played the electoral system.

    I didn't like Trump either. The fact that both parties allowed corruption to get to the end result of the two candidates we ended up with...that stinks.
    8 years ago we saw how social media began to steer elections. 4 years ago we got more of a taste of it. This election....social media skyrocketed in how it slanted an election. Sadly, in 4 more years..ugh, I'd like to say I can't wait to see how bad it will be, but I can wait....it'll suck.

    The whole side issue of "snowflake millenials"...too distraught to go to school, suicide hotlines working overtime. That's just ..embarrassing for them. It's just one facet of many symptoms of that whole generation, and we see similar things in the workplace and out in the real world, where they crumble and have breakdowns and tantrums. Would be nice to see them stop wasting their parents hard earned college tuition money and start going to classes again.

    The country needs to unite again, and move on. Stop the baby tantrums. The person I wanted in the oval office isn't there either, but I'll succeed in my every day life. Those people all distraught and trying to excuse their bad behavior on someone else, or blame their bad luck on someone else? They need to get a backbone and hold themselves accountable for their own actions and their own success. And in 4 more years hopefully we get a better choice in candidates.
    "Take away the extreme liberal state of CA...which hardly is a representation of the rest of the country. The crook beat the idiot by 3 million in CA. Boom..and there it is! Not really all to hard to grasp that one!
    In the rest of the country, the idiot had the edge."


    So your argument is: If you pretend 18 million voters don't exist you get an accurate representation of the country? I am sorry, but math does not work like that; you cannot simply dismiss that many voters and have a valid point. That is basically what the Clinton campaign did. They overlooked a significant portion of voters, and because of it they campaigned in areas that they didn’t need to, and didn’t campaign in areas they needed to. All because they did exactly what you are doing: Overlooking a significant voting population and then pretending it was an accurate picture of voters, which may be the key reason they lost the election. The difference though, is they did it by mistake while you are doing it on purpose, something I like to call willful ignorance.


    If the we are trying to predict the majority vote, to determine how influential CA’s votes are, we actually need to do a bit of statistical math, and I really don’t feel like running it down, because your whole approach is flawed from the start.

    "at how much you see these Liberal rioters out there causing so much hate and damage and destruction."

    Most the protesters are peaceful, and the rioters are generally anarchist hijacking the protest. Do you only watch/read conservative news? Is that what I am detecting here? You must read both sides to get the full picture.

    “The whole side issue of "snowflake millenials"...too distraught to go to school, suicide hotlines working overtime. That's just ..embarrassing for them. It's just one facet of many symptoms of that whole generation, and we see similar things in the workplace and out in the real world, where they crumble and have breakdowns and tantrums. Would be nice to see them stop wasting their parents hard earned college tuition money and start going to classes again.”


    Personally, I believe this me-me-me attitude is not confined to just Millennials. I believe Americans overall have an overdeveloped sense of self-entitlement. I have no factual bases for that, just 15 years in the customer service industry talking to tons of different people a week. To be honest, I am a bit sick and tired of people who brag about how great they are and then pretend that their self-proclaimed greatness make them right. It is egotistical garbage.


    Truth is something you must work for, always. No matter how awesome you become, truth is something that will always take patience, dedication and effort. People get this sense that wisdom is free of charge if they just wait long enough. The Ancient Greeks knew that wisdom was something you had to work at, and that it was a lifelong pursuit, but our society has no room for philosophers, no room for as Plato called them “lovers of truth.”


    “The country needs to unite again, and move on. Stop the baby tantrums. The person I wanted in the oval office isn't there either, but I'll succeed in my every day life. Those people all distraught and trying to excuse their bad behavior on someone else, or blame their bad luck on someone else? They need to get a backbone and hold themselves accountable for their own actions and their own success. And in 4 more years hopefully we get a better choice in candidates.”


    Maybe instead of just slamming these people, you should listen to what they are saying, as it is clear you are not. Many of them accept the fact they can’t change who is in office, but they feel it is necessary to exercise their right to protest. It is unfortunate that there are people capitalizing on that to incite chaos, but you need to look past that. There are American citizens there who are trying to impart on the president elect the issues that are important to them. There is nothing wrong with that, and it is one of our most basic rights. If you really have an interests to unite, then you need to listen more closely to the people you are bashing.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 11-18-16 at 02:17 PM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  7. #107
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Most the protesters are peaceful, and the rioters are generally anarchist hijacking the protest. Do you only watch/read conservative news? Is that what I am detecting here? You must read both sides to get the full picture..
    The example of the pregnant lady getting attacked by the anti trumpers made pretty much every news station and media outlet on the planet. I saw it on a local one, I only watch local news (WFSB 3...which is Liberal), and CBS evening news with Scott Pelley (also ch 3 for me and also leans Liberal). Sorry, no fox news watching here.

    And that whole "truth is something you must work for" thing...how does that even line up with supporting Hillery? Early on, I initially stood up for her having her own e-mail server, because personally I believe that hiring a high end IT team to run the server (and rest of her offices network) will result in a more secure email server than the government can.

    But...then the rest of the e-mail scandal started. And, since I deal with servers and e-mails servers and security and disaster recovery every day, this here raised my eyebrow.
    *She goes and has her IT guys "wipe" the servers hard drives clean...before the FBI could get their hands on it
    *Had staff destroy smart devices (smart phones/tablets) that were associated with the e-mail server...before the FBI could get their hands on them.
    *Here's the juicy part..because I'm deeply familiar with the backup/disaster recovery service that Clintons used for their e-mail server, Datto backup, based out of Norwalk CT. I'm a long time partner of theirs, I know how this D/R service works. Not only at least 1 months worth of local hourly backups of the server done on the local appliance on the network...but offsite copies on both east and west coast redundant data centers for a minimum of 1 year retention periods to start..and the retention period goes up from there. Typically an organization like her office would keep the retention period longer, just in case they have to cover something. But in this case..they opted to manually delete the backup copies..both locally, and offsite. And you have to jump through a few "are you sure".."are you really really sure" hoops to delete your offsite copies.

    Hmm...yeah, truth of that whole thing would be interesting.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  8. #108
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,985
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    The example of the pregnant lady getting attacked by the anti trumpers made pretty much every news station and media outlet on the planet. I saw it on a local one, I only watch local news (WFSB 3...which is Liberal), and CBS evening news with Scott Pelley (also ch 3 for me and also leans Liberal). Sorry, no fox news watching here.

    And that whole "truth is something you must work for" thing...how does that even line up with supporting Hillery? Early on, I initially stood up for her having her own e-mail server, because personally I believe that hiring a high end IT team to run the server (and rest of her offices network) will result in a more secure email server than the government can.

    But...then the rest of the e-mail scandal started. And, since I deal with servers and e-mails servers and security and disaster recovery every day, this here raised my eyebrow.
    *She goes and has her IT guys "wipe" the servers hard drives clean...before the FBI could get their hands on it
    *Had staff destroy smart devices (smart phones/tablets) that were associated with the e-mail server...before the FBI could get their hands on them.
    *Here's the juicy part..because I'm deeply familiar with the backup/disaster recovery service that Clintons used for their e-mail server, Datto backup, based out of Norwalk CT. I'm a long time partner of theirs, I know how this D/R service works. Not only at least 1 months worth of local hourly backups of the server done on the local appliance on the network...but offsite copies on both east and west coast redundant data centers for a minimum of 1 year retention periods to start..and the retention period goes up from there. Typically an organization like her office would keep the retention period longer, just in case they have to cover something. But in this case..they opted to manually delete the backup copies..both locally, and offsite. And you have to jump through a few "are you sure".."are you really really sure" hoops to delete your offsite copies.

    Hmm...yeah, truth of that whole thing would be interesting.
    I am not really interested in your email speculations. If you feel you have real evidence of criminal activity turn it into the proper authorities. Perhaps you should take your insight to the FBI, as I am sure they don't have a tech guy. Oh but wait, that is right, Clinton controls the FBI; Comey was probably acting on her directions. Just like she rigged the election and hired Donald Trump to throw the election.

    I listened and listened and listened for something substantial to come out of those emails and what did we get? That Clinton is a politician and a recipe for risotto.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 11-18-16 at 09:04 PM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  9. #109
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Take away the extreme liberal state of CA...which hardly is a representation of the rest of the country. The crook beat the idiot by 3 million in CA. Boom..and there it is! Not really all to hard to grasp that one!
    In the rest of the country, the idiot had the edge.
    .
    Would that be like.............. Take away the extreme right wing state of Texas.....


    I guess I don't see your point on this.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

  10. #110
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    I am not really interested in your email speculations. If you feel you have real evidence of criminal activity turn it into the proper authorities. Perhaps you should take your insight to the FBI, as I am sure they don't have a tech guy. Oh but wait, that is right, Clinton controls the FBI; Comey was probably acting on her directions. Just like she rigged the election and hired Donald Trump to throw the election.

    I listened and listened and listened for something substantial to come out of those emails and what did we get? That Clinton is a politician and a recipe for risotto.
    I know a lot zooms over your head.....let's try to simplify it. Why is evidence so intentionally and thoroughly destroyed...when the investigation is about to focus on that evidence? You speak of this "truth"...but yet her actions are such a textbook example of the opposite of truth. There were some emails found, that were shadey. The email server itself would hold a ton more previously unseen emails, as well as a long history of backups. All of those were intentionally, purposefully destroyed and erased..before investigators could get their hands on them. Why?

    The Democrats have nothing but their own party to be mad at, for losing this election. The Democrats had a few viable candidates..that got squeezed out by Hillery and her corrupt deep reach and control. We saw a few Democrat voters that saw the light..when Hillery played her game and forced out Bernie.

    And enough of America was sick and tired of that corruption..that they A) Didn't/wouldn't vote for Hillery and didn't vote at all, or B) Voted for the Trump...even though they didn't like him...just because they didn't want her.

    That right there, is what this election was about. A huge portion of America had its fill with the Clintons, and they know what she is about. They didn't want her so bad...that they allowed a crude egomaniac flip flopping nutjob like Trump to win....just because they'd rather take a chance with him, than have more of a known track record, someone with a proven history of what she does.

    And now we have to watch what Trumps poor choices yesterday will do...such as the toxic and abrasive Flynn.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  11. #111
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Would that be like.............. Take away the extreme right wing state of Texas.....


    I guess I don't see your point on this.
    Not surprising you'd miss the point...Population of CA...~39 million. Population of TX...~27 million. That's..um...ya know, a pretty bi difference in population. Where is the equal balance? How'd ya do in math in grade school? Not your strong area I take it.

    But, ya see, these localized regions of huge sway are exactly the reason that the electoral college was put into place. To even things out across the states. And give the entire country a more even vote, rather than let a few pockets of heavy influence....influence the election.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  12. #112
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,985
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    I know a lot zooms over your head.....let's try to simplify it. Why is evidence so intentionally and thoroughly destroyed...when the investigation is about to focus on that evidence? You speak of this "truth"...but yet her actions are such a textbook example of the opposite of truth. There were some emails found, that were shadey. The email server itself would hold a ton more previously unseen emails, as well as a long history of backups. All of those were intentionally, purposefully destroyed and erased..before investigators could get their hands on them. Why?

    The Democrats have nothing but their own party to be mad at, for losing this election. The Democrats had a few viable candidates..that got squeezed out by Hillery and her corrupt deep reach and control. We saw a few Democrat voters that saw the light..when Hillery played her game and forced out Bernie.

    And enough of America was sick and tired of that corruption..that they A) Didn't/wouldn't vote for Hillery and didn't vote at all, or B) Voted for the Trump...even though they didn't like him...just because they didn't want her.

    That right there, is what this election was about. A huge portion of America had its fill with the Clintons, and they know what she is about. They didn't want her so bad...that they allowed a crude egomaniac flip flopping nutjob like Trump to win....just because they'd rather take a chance with him, than have more of a known track record, someone with a proven history of what she does.

    And now we have to watch what Trumps poor choices yesterday will do...such as the toxic and abrasive Flynn.
    "I know a lot zooms over your head..."

    Clearly the word speculation few right over your head. You do get the difference between speculation and fact, right? You can grasp that concept, can't you? You keep going after Clinton because you believe that I am defending her, and therefor that is why I don't accept your rhetoric, but I don't accept your opinions because they are not backed by evidence.

    There is a distinct difference between you and I. You seem to be easily convinced by rhetoric; you appear to hold simple discourse as a sufficient standard of proof. However, I need real tangible evidence. Not just for Clinton's supposed corruption, but for everything that I reasonably can. Like these claims that Trump is in bed with Russia; you can spin all types of arguments and make it sound really pretty, but when it comes down to it, if you are gonna accuse someone of treason you need something real, and not just talk. You are making serious accusations of an American citizen, and I am sorry, but your speculations are simply not enough to prove her guilty. That is the part you simply cannot seem to grasp; that there is a line which says to continue forward we need to prove what we just hypothesized.


    In science we make a hypothesis, then we test that hypothesis, but you, you stop at the hypothesis part then just declare it to be truth. The difference here, is I have a higher standard of proof than you do; furthermore, I believe that innocent until proven guilty is something the extends beyond the courts. You seem think your bigly good brain can know everything via speculation; you have no standard of evidence.


    At the end of the day talk is just talk, and at some point there has to be a standard of evidence. Americans have drifted too far away from this rationale; convinced that their opinions are forged in gold.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 11-19-16 at 06:51 PM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  13. #113
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Not surprising you'd miss the point...Population of CA...~39 million. Population of TX...~27 million. That's..um...ya know, a pretty bi difference in population. Where is the equal balance? How'd ya do in math in grade school? Not your strong area I take it.

    But, ya see, these localized regions of huge sway are exactly the reason that the electoral college was put into place. To even things out across the states. And give the entire country a more even vote, rather than let a few pockets of heavy influence....influence the election.
    I'm not arguing the electoral collage. Weather one agrees with it or not it's the law of the land. That said the Electoral Collate hasn't voted yet and not all States require said voter to vote the state majority so until then someone should take Trumps phone away AND he really should consider not appointing nut cases to his administration and really taking this serious for the first time since paying a ton of folk to be at his announcement that he was running. Really in tons of them states going for Trump the margin of win was pretty small. Not all of course but you can look that up yourself if you're inclined.

    My post in pointing out your logic that California votes shouldn't count is really self serving even for you.


    I will argue however that when it's said and done... and even now... that Trump does not have a mandate.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

  14. #114
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    . Weather one agrees with it or not it's the law of the land. .
    "Weather" is blue sky, or rain, or snow.
    "Whether" or not...perhaps.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  15. #115
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    few right over your head. .
    A few what?

    You can pull all the college campus scientific debates you want about theory and proof, but you don't need anything except common sense to come to the conclusion that people don't go throw a gun into the ocean 20 miles out to sea unless they want that gun never to be found again.
    Wiping an e-mail server beyond recovery, destroying devices that were attached to it (smart phones that connected to it and had e-mail), and erasing all of the backups of the server...the average citizen can put 1 and 1 together here. Is there any concrete proof that would hold up in court? Nope. Sadly the prosecution just hangs their head in defeat watching the murderer walk out the door free...knowing she is still guilty, they just didn't have the proof. America got tired of that, hence the predicament we're in now. Hence my question...would Trump have won if someone else represented the Democratic party.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  16. #116
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    I think a lot of Liberals need to ask themselves a question, and honestly answer that questions to themselves.
    "Would Trump still have won, if the Democratic party had nominated another candidate during the primaries, someone other than Hillery"

    You don't need to type the answer, just be honest in answering yourself.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  17. #117
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    10,370
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    A few what?

    You can pull all the college campus scientific debates you want about theory and proof, but you don't need anything except common sense to come to the conclusion that people don't go throw a gun into the ocean 20 miles out to sea unless they want that gun never to be found again.
    Wiping an e-mail server beyond recovery, destroying devices that were attached to it (smart phones that connected to it and had e-mail), and erasing all of the backups of the server...the average citizen can put 1 and 1 together here. Is there any concrete proof that would hold up in court? Nope. Sadly the prosecution just hangs their head in defeat watching the murderer walk out the door free...knowing she is still guilty, they just didn't have the proof. America got tired of that, hence the predicament we're in now. Hence my question...would Trump have won if someone else represented the Democratic party.
    I can't pretend to know, but I give her the benefit of the doubt. Just maybe the records were destroyed for fear of a crusade to discredit her by digging through tens of thousands of emails to find a sentence or two that could be used by the opposition against her.

    As to America being tired of politicians... I am as well. However, there are some integrity issues on his end of the scale as well. Presenting one as anti-establishment shouldn't offset and trump all his shortcomings, but it seems it got him the electoral college.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

  18. #118
    Freedom Fighter jeremyboycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,985
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    A few what?

    You can pull all the college campus scientific debates you want about theory and proof, but you don't need anything except common sense to come to the conclusion that people don't go throw a gun into the ocean 20 miles out to sea unless they want that gun never to be found again.
    Wiping an e-mail server beyond recovery, destroying devices that were attached to it (smart phones that connected to it and had e-mail), and erasing all of the backups of the server...the average citizen can put 1 and 1 together here. Is there any concrete proof that would hold up in court? Nope. Sadly the prosecution just hangs their head in defeat watching the murderer walk out the door free...knowing she is still guilty, they just didn't have the proof. America got tired of that, hence the predicament we're in now. Hence my question...would Trump have won if someone else represented the Democratic party.

    Let's see: you poke at a grammatical mistake, still overly focused on Clinton, and I love how you try to spin college as a negative. Yep, nothing substantial and nothing different.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  19. #119
    Resident Rodent Randy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    12,004
    most of my American pals are here at SG and I just don't see things getting greater here lol

    it's a shIttay situation and the people of the country seem to be divided and in general unrest.

    The worst part of it is you know there is someone out there who would serve as an excellent president but will never be elected because of the Greed and the Stupidity etc...

    I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

    sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

  20. #120
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    most of my American pals are here at SG and I just don't see things getting greater here lol

    it's a shIttay situation and the people of the country seem to be divided and in general unrest.

    The worst part of it is you know there is someone out there who would serve as an excellent president but will never be elected because of the Greed and the Stupidity etc...
    Odd that it takes an outsider to point out the obvious. You Trump supporters had not one thing to be proud about. We now have a President elect that has a 200 word vocabulary. On top of that he's been backed and manipulated by Putin. On top of that he's now appointing the most inexperienced cabinet in modern history. Clean the swamp? Who ever believed that? Jailing Hillary? laughable but almost half the voting population suckered into that one! On and on and on. Half of you SUCKERED up to his bs........ so when you get taxed higher over all.. you loose medicare, mediaide, SS changes big time.. you have yourselves to blame. Who wins? Not the middle class, the poor, the rest of the world as they drown in rising sea levels. However if you make a lot of money every year.. you do. I doubt even Ken can fit that bill.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-14-12, 08:36 AM
  2. Things that will happen if a "Liberal" is elected president!
    By YARDofSTUF in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-07, 01:40 AM
  3. If Kerry is elected
    By Blisster in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-30-04, 10:49 AM
  4. Donald Trump
    By TrUtHsMaCkEr in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-04, 10:31 PM
  5. Roody & Prey for President/Vice President
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-04-04, 03:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •