Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: if Trump is elected president ?

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I believe Trump will bring us back into war.
    "North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen," Trump said.

SO.. Trump is saying that the USA has been threatened? as in the missile tests that landed in the sea of Japan?

So basically if Nkorea keeps doing the tests (threats). It will be Fire and Fury.

My guess is NK will do more tests and Donald will try and push the big button but will be intervened and sent to his room while the more intelligent members of defense try and figure resolution strategies.

It's sad to see a country as "great" ( yes you were great before Trump) the USA in a situation where so many feel like they have a moronic child at the helm.

I wonder how much longer until he is declared unfit...? and how will he take it? he doesn't strike me as a man who knows how to be humble.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Trump is safe from impechment for the time being, while the Republicans control Congress. Even if the Democrats take back Congress in the mid trem elections an impechment resulting in the removal of the President is not easily pulled off.

When I started this thread I figured Donald Trump was a moron. I was wrong he is much was worse than that. Racial tension is being sent back decades.The twitter comments read like a child argument over an online game.

In Canada you can actually bet thru a government funded lottery corporation on whether he serves his full term or not. So again I question the intelligence of Americans as I ponder the direction of my wager.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

I listened to his tax speech this afternoon. He seemed to be getting a lot of applause when he discussed the elimination of the "Death" tax (Inheritance Tax). I wonder how many people in that audience actually understand what that means? He seemed to push the subject as if everyone in the audience, or in all of America for that matter would be better off. Unless you're leaving an estate larger that approximately $5.5 mil it's nothing you need to worry about. This is basically a gift to the rich.

Blog Entries
    I'd bet on a full term Randy, many people like him just for the fact that he wasn't a career politician, regardless of the racial overtones. Sadly the U.S. has been polarized to no end lately, and policy/rational reasoning suffers.

The "Death tax" is definitely a gift to rich people with way over 5.5 Mil Estates and not enough foresight to do proper estate planing/trusts imho.. Question is how many of his constituents actually grasp the concept and care about facts, past the rhetoric. I'd bet is more than those who understand and support the move, that is what bothers me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    When I started this thread I figured Donald Trump was a moron. I was wrong he is much was worse than that. Racial tension is being sent back decades.The twitter comments read like a child argument over an online game.

In Canada you can actually bet thru a government funded lottery corporation on whether he serves his full term or not. So again I question the intelligence of Americans as I ponder the direction of my wager.
    "So again I question the intelligence of Americans as I ponder the direction of my wager."

Taking about racism. . . .

I'll happily match my intelligence to yours, Randy.

You do realize that Trump lost the popular vote, right? Not to mention that his average approval rating is just awful.
    "Many people fear nothing more terribly then to take a position which stands out sharply and clearly from the prevailing opinion. The tendency of most is to adopt a view that is so ambiguous that it will include everything and so popular that it will include everyone." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Blog Entries
    He still won a very large percentage of the total vote, even if it was a couple of percent lower than Hillary Clinton's.

I just looked it up because I had forgotten what the difference was...
    Hillary Clinton - 65,844,610 votes - 48.2 percent
    Donald Trump - 62,979,636 votes - 46.1 percent
    Other candidates - 7,804,213 ballots - ~5.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    He still won a very large percentage of the total vote, even if it was a couple of percent lower than Hillary Clinton's.

The point is that Trump winning is not a predictor of the intelligence of American citizens, especially when the majority didn't even vote for him, or approve of the job he is currently doing. Randy is making a cause effect conclusion on a correlation that is not even there.
    "Many people fear nothing more terribly then to take a position which stands out sharply and clearly from the prevailing opinion. The tendency of most is to adopt a view that is so ambiguous that it will include everything and so popular that it will include everyone." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post

Also the term "a very large percentage" is a subjective take and loaded.

I get it; I really do. I have to constantly remind myself that just because someone voted for Trump that does not mean they are stupid. Even intelligent people can do stupid things, but this does not mean they are stupid, it just means they made a poor decision. Which as it turns out in life is something that is very easy to do, even for the smartest people among us, and something we are all guilty of doing.

We all know elective government styles have faults, the Ancient Greeks knew it and our Founding Fathers knew it. It is something we are all aware of, but when it comes screaming in our faces, as it is now, we start pointing our fingers at each other and casting blame. There are many factors that led to Trump winning, and I very much doubt anyone here could definitively identify all those factors.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 10-11-17 at 05:16 PM.

https://youtu.be/x51wrLti_6c?t=37s

so many butthurt people

and what an arrogant twat Barrack is LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    https://youtu.be/x51wrLti_6c?t=37s

so many butthurt people

and what an arrogant twat Barrack is LOL
    You sound awfully butt hurt yourself.