Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. minir - with a sad heart

R.I.P. minir - with a sad heart

I just received word from Larry's sister that he passed last evening at his residence.

She said "His big old ticker just quit ticking."

His wishes are to be cremated with no services.

Glad I got to see him last fall.

Will post anything new as I find out.

Going to have a few drinks to celebrate his life. That is what he would want everyone to do, not morn his death, but celebrate his life.
    Now he has no more pain.

Terry

That sucks. R.I.P. Larry. You will be missed.

oh my, that is sad news indeed, i will miss his quick humor and his always polite posts, my condolences to his family and friends.

i had no clue he was sick
    Last edited by Mark; 05-14-15 at 09:14 PM.

i too got the message from his sister.have been email friends with him for about 15 years.he was a true gentleman and will be missed.
    i too will raise a glass to toast his life.rest in peace my friend.

Blog Entries
    This seems so sudden.. Larry just posted his (exactly) 28,000th post on SG two days ago with his usual smiley, he has been a member here for 15 years.

Larry has many friends here and will be sorely missed. I will join you in raising a glass in honor of his life.

Rest in Peace Larry

P.S. Ronny, Terry, please reach out and express our sincere condolences to his family. Tell them he has many friends here, and will be remembered in this community.

I'll miss his jokes. I never had the pleasure of knowing him personally (although I wish I had). Godspeed.

i sent his sister a message of condolences to his family letting her know he has a lot of friends here at speedguide.

Larry was actually quite sick, but he was not one to complain to others. These last two years were quite bad for him. He had been in hospital and had stints put in, he needed ten, but they were only able to do four.

A few years back, about 20 I think, he had a lung removed because of cancer. They must have got it all because they gave him five years to live, but he survived long enough to have a heart attack and recover. It did get him to quite smoking.

I know he was having trouble with his blood sugar and was on oxygen all the time. When I visited him last fall he was not able to go out for a steak, which we both enjoyed doing.

He was the type of guy when you phoned him he always answered with a smile no matter how bad he felt. He would give you the shirt off his back and never ask if he would get it back.

I will miss out by-weekly calls. He called me three days ago, but I was out and I never called him back thinking I would call him Saturday morning.

He was a private person who lived alone and was not close friends with his neighbors. I used to ask him how I would know if he died and he always told me I would know because he wouldn't answer the phone. I guess I don't need to call him anymore.

I think Larry was my only true friend, I have lots of acquaintances, but not many I call a friend.

Oh, man.

He was such an all around great guy. Unlike most people, particularly internet people, who at some point or another wind up having a bad day and taking craps on other people, I can honestly say he never did anything other than try and make people happy around these parts. He never did anything to make me mad (which is quite the feat as almost anything can make me ragequit the net for the day).

I like to think I'm tougher than this, but my eyes are welling up with some kind of clear fluid and my nose is running. I wish I could have just one more funny story. Maybe it would make this pain go away.

Goodbye, minir.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

I sit here typing with tears in my eyes. I don't even know where to begin.

Please pass along my condolences to his family. I too received the email and will respond to his sister.

...oh, holy hell. No way. He was an /amazing/ person - I can't express how much reading what he had to say influenced me. He was always positive, too - always up and ready with a great turn of phrase or something to say to cheer you up when you needed it. He will be sorely, sorely missed.

Fair winds and following seas, my friend.

Wow.. hosting a glass of bushmills.. RIP minir. You were always a gentleman!
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

WOW, I am so sad to hear this...

I don't post often, however I do try to keep an eye on the forums and always enjoyed his informative posts as well as the jokes...

RIP Larry...

Thanks Terry for telling us. I was thinking of you the other day and wanted to PM Larry to ask him about you... Please tell his family that we will be thinking of them... No doubt this is very hard on his mother...

Didn't even see this until today

RIP minir!

Sounds like he was a good man and fought a tough fight... well done Larry

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    RIP Larry....will miss your posts with jokes and smilies.

So many losses over the past month...
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I stopped in again to post a song that I recorded.. and I saw this post. Larry was a great guy and I always enjoyed his posts over the years.
    R.I.P. Sir, I'll be praying for You and Your Family. (Tom)

oh s*** ,I'm speechless, I'm crying, I thought he was just posting the other day ,Wow ,this is a true loss, he was a special person.
    I'm heart broken
    Last edited by Dan; 05-17-15 at 10:47 AM.

Rest in Peace Larry

oh man, that's rough.

Great knowing you Minir, RIP.

You'll be missed

RIP Larry
    Picture yourself
    Set up for good in a whole other life
    In the mystery zone