Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TCP Optimizer 4 Released (Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 / 2012 Server R2 are all supported)

My Windows 8.1 WMI was indeed really messed up. Microsoft's wmidiag.vbs confirmed multiple registry entries were missing.
    The fixes I tried didn't work, so I did a clean install of Windows 8.1. WMI and Powershell "get-nettcpsetting" command now works.

Thanks for the tip.

Blog Entries
    The_Doctor, thanks for the update and glad to hear it is working fine now.

Blog Entries
    The TCP Optimizer 4 Beta has been updated.

We added the "Do not use NLA" QoS setting to the Advanced tab, this allows you to set DSCP QoS local group policy without the need to join a domain, and on all network adapters (even if a domain controller is not visible). We also updated the "SystemResponsiveness" gaming tweak Windows default settings for Windows 2008/2012 Server (Windows Server OSes give priority to background services over multimedia).

http://vvcap.net/db/ySqFI-U8VlMA_7gcLRwr.htp

look careful , the same mistakes as in 3.0.8 , even worst !
    Every man has his destiny.

Blog Entries
    KEiGHT... There are 4 Registry entries made actually, have you looked at the other two ? There are two for MaxConnectionsPerServer and two for MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server. We opted to add both "explorer.exe" and "iexplore.exe" (to cover those entries being set by other programs), hence both entries for each setting... And they are no longer reversed as with 3.0.8.

I got a question, you know how you guys have a optimal settings for your internet speed in TCP optimizer why can't there be a gaming optimal settings for tcp optimizer?

Blog Entries
    Hello Vanduss, this is actually a good suggestion that we thought about, just quite a bit of work to maintain different sets of settings for each OS from Windows 9x, through XP/ME/Vista/etc. to Windows 10 and server variants. The "Optimal" settings are actually quite close to the "Gaming" settings recommendations, and there is more to tweaking for games than the Optimizer does as well, like router and network adapter tweaks. There is info on it on the main site in this article (and the two links at the end of it): http://www.speedguide.net/articles/gaming-tweaks-5812

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    KEiGHT... There are 4 Registry entries made actually, have you looked at the other two ? There are two for MaxConnectionsPerServer and two for MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server. We opted to add both "explorer.exe" and "iexplore.exe" (to cover those entries being set by other programs), hence both entries for each setting... And they are no longer reversed as with 3.0.8.
    Now I see, that's better and correctly writted !
    Every man has his destiny.

This program works perfect and many thanks to philip for the great work he does on that software.

For better results try LSO=enable and autotuning=restricted, also do not enable largesystemcache cause it will slow down ur pc. If u have a powerfull pc, asjust the cpu performance for backround services and thats all.
    Last edited by 100 010 00; 08-22-15 at 07:39 AM.
    There is no patch for stupidity

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the nice words. Just a word of caution on LSO - it works great with newer NICs for pure throughput, however, some older network cards were known to have driver issues with it. Also, some games don't like any packet aggregation, so it may not work well for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Like Phillip said, I tried it on Windows 10 Technical preview, and I was shocked, much faster with TCP Optimizer v. 4.00 BETA , try it, you will probably be surprised.
    first shout out from Panama City Beach, FL!
    I also implemented TCP OPtimizer v.4.00 BETA on win10 Pro 64bit build 10240 and my internet speed is much faster and more responsive. I used OOkla speedtest.net before at the Atlanta comcast Server before TCP Op and was getting 126/26. After TCP Op same server at OOkla I am getting 142/28.

Keep up the great work guys. I have been using this product for years (back with XP)

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the nice words, glad it's working that well for you!

(I'm in Jacksonville, FL btw)

Blog Entries
    The TCP Optimizer was just updated to version 4.0.1, and is now considered the latest stable release.

The only update is to the Operating System detection algorithm to make the program more robust. If the software is not able to detect your operating system correctly, the program will now assume the latest supported OS (Windows 10).

Blog Entries
    Updated TCP Optimizer to version 4.02, this is a minor bug fix affecting reading of advanced current settings under Windows 8.1/10.

Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
    Philip, let me first thank you for the continuing effort to keep the programme relevant. It must take a bit of time to do this and I for one am grateful to you.
    I have used the 4.0 beta with Win 10 but, like a few others I noticed a couple of settings didn't stick but after a couple of reboots, they did.
    Going to give this one a trial and see how it fares but I am sure it is a good one. BTW, this is going to become the standard programme for Win 7 as well?
    Main Computer:
    GA97X G3
    i7 4790K
    GTX960
    32gb Ram
    1TB Samsung 860 SSD
    NZXT Case

Windows 10 officially supported but it has no use because the settings don't save right and everything from the first program card is set as default as it was.

Blog Entries
    There are a couple of settings where the Optimal/default are the same. There are also some settings (~3) that are adapter-specific and not read at program start (network adapter specific settings like ECN capability, because they may be supported by one of your NICs, and not another), however, they are applied when you set them with the program.

Ashdaw, yes, it replaces the older versions completely, it works with Windows 7 as well.

Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
    I used this on my Windows 10 install today and found that the settings stuck after the tweak.
    AM running the RTM of course so, if anyone is running one of the insider builds, there may be an issue?
    Main Computer:
    GA97X G3
    i7 4790K
    GTX960
    32gb Ram
    1TB Samsung 860 SSD
    NZXT Case

Blog Entries
    Yes, if your settings don't seem to stick, please also look and verify the Windows version that the program recognizes (it is in the title bar of the Optimizer).

Blog Entries
    Updated the Optimizer to version 4.03. It will now show blank instead of "default" for current settings that are not actually read at program start under Windows 8/10 to avoid confusion.