Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 121 to 139 of 139

Thread: TCP Optimizer 4 (Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / 2012/2019 Server are all supported)

  1. #121
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13
    why the 4.1.0 version is not here?

  2. #122
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    The link to the latest version is correct, only the build wasn't updated in the first post. The revision history is always available here: https://www.speedguide.net/articles/...n-history-5811
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

  3. #123
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    Uptaded build to 4.1.1.

    Changed the recommended optimal congestion control provider from CTCP to CUBIC for newer Windows 10 and Server 2019 builds.

    CUBIC works slightly better for pure throughput when packet loss is not an issue.
    CTCP may work slightly better for VoIP and gaming in combination with ECN, when latency is an issue, and there is higher possibility of network congestion and packet loss.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

  4. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10
    I updated to v4.1.1 and the General Settings tab no longer reads the following values: (they are blank). TCP Window Auto-tuning, Congestion Control Provider, RSS, RSC, ECN Capability, TCP Chimney Offload, TCP 1323 Timestamps.

  5. #125
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    What OS? What version did you upgrade from?
    Is your user an administrator? (or you can right-click and "Run as Administrator")
    We haven't changed the code much, it seems to read those fine in my Windows 10 machines.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

  6. #126
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Uptaded build to 4.1.1.

    Changed the recommended optimal congestion control provider from CTCP to CUBIC for newer Windows 10 and Server 2019 builds.

    CUBIC works slightly better for pure throughput when packet loss is not an issue.
    CTCP may work slightly better for VoIP and gaming in combination with ECN, when latency is an issue, and there is higher possibility of network congestion and packet loss.
    Working well here. thanks Philip for keeping it up to date

  7. #127
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    What OS? What version did you upgrade from?
    Is your user an administrator? (or you can right-click and "Run as Administrator")
    We haven't changed the code much, it seems to read those fine in my Windows 10 machines.
    Windows 10 x64 20H2 build 19042.685.
    I am the Administrator run the program as Administrator.
    I ran the Optimizer again and selected the optimal settings. The program indicates it is going to apply the new settings. However, when I reboot they don't stick.
    Below is the log:

    Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Build:19042 10.2 12.01.2021 14:56:47
    !!!-------------------!!!
    netsh int tcp show supplemental

    The TCP global default template is internet

    TCP Supplemental Parameters
    ----------------------------------------------
    Minimum RTO (msec) : 300
    Initial Congestion Window (MSS) : 10
    Congestion Control Provider : cubic
    Enable Congestion Window Restart : disabled
    Delayed ACK timeout (msec) : 40
    Delayed ACK frequency : 2
    Enable RACK : enabled
    Enable Tail Loss Probe : enabled

    Please use the 'netsh int tcp show supplementalports' and
    'netsh int tcp show supplementalsubnets' commands to view active filters.



    !!!-------------------!!!
    netsh int ip show interfaces

    Idx Met MTU State Name
    --- ---------- ---------- ------------ ---------------------------
    1 75 4294967295 connected Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1
    12 25 1500 disconnected Local Area Connection
    15 25 1500 connected Ethernet 3



    !!!-------------------!!!
    PowerShell.exe Get-NetAdapterLso -Name '*'
    Get-NetAdapterLso : Invalid class
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetAdapterLso -Name '*'
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetAdapterLsoSettingData:ROOT/StandardCi...rLsoSettingData) [Get-Ne
    tAdapterLso], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041010,Get-NetAdapterLso



    !!!-------------------!!!
    PowerShell.exe Get-NetAdapterChecksumOffload '*'
    Get-NetAdapterChecksumOffload : Invalid class
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetAdapterChecksumOffload '*'
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetAdapter...loadSettingData:ROOT/StandardCi...loadSettingData) [Ge
    t-NetAdapterChecksumOffload], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041010,Get-NetAdapterChecksumOffload



    !!!-------------------!!!
    PowerShell.exe Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName internet
    Get-NetTCPSetting : Invalid class
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName internet
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetTCPSetting:ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetTCPSetting) [Get-NetTCPSet
    ting], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041010,Get-NetTCPSetting



    !!!-------------------!!!
    netsh int tcp show global
    Querying active state...

    TCP Global Parameters
    ----------------------------------------------
    Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
    Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : normal
    Add-On Congestion Control Provider : default
    ECN Capability : disabled
    RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled
    Initial RTO : 2000
    Receive Segment Coalescing State : disabled
    Non Sack Rtt Resiliency : disabled
    Max SYN Retransmissions : 2
    Fast Open : enabled
    Fast Open Fallback : enabled
    HyStart : enabled
    Proportional Rate Reduction : enabled
    Pacing Profile : off



    !!!-------------------!!!
    PowerShell.exe Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting
    Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting : Invalid class
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetOffloadGlobalSetting:ROOT/StandardCi...adGlobalSetting) [Get-Net
    OffloadGlobalSetting], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041010,Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting

  8. #128
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    Seems there is something on your machine preventing the program from even getting the settings information from PowerShell.
    I am running Windows 10 Pro about the same build as yours, and I don't see any of those errors, either the TCP Optimizer is not running as Administrator, or there is some security software preventing it from running properly.

    If you start PowerShell, do the following commands give you info, or errors?

    Get-NetTCPSetting
    Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName internet
    Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

  9. #129
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Seems there is something on your machine preventing the program from even getting the settings information from PowerShell.
    I am running Windows 10 Pro about the same build as yours, and I don't see any of those errors, either the TCP Optimizer is not running as Administrator, or there is some security software preventing it from running properly.

    If you start PowerShell, do the following commands give you info, or errors?

    Get-NetTCPSetting
    Get-NetTCPSetting -SettingName internet
    Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting
    Hi Philip,
    They were giving me errors. Turned out I had somehow borked my Windows 10 permissions. Tried to fix them to no avail. Had to do a time-consuming full Windows reset.
    It is all working fine now.
    Thank you for your support.

  10. #130
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    Glad it is working now, thanks for following up!
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

  11. #131
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1
    leaving this for anyone else having the above mentioned problem. I have a custom powershell profile that prompts for credentials. I figured tcp optimizer was getting hung up on waiting for those credentials and not presenting them based on my profile.ps1. I renamed the profile.ps1 to *.old reran tcp optimizer and it no longer got stuck on the get-netadapterlso - name *

  12. #132
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jlpdx View Post
    leaving this for anyone else having the above mentioned problem. I have a custom powershell profile that prompts for credentials. I figured tcp optimizer was getting hung up on waiting for those credentials and not presenting them based on my profile.ps1. I renamed the profile.ps1 to *.old reran tcp optimizer and it no longer got stuck on the get-netadapterlso - name *
    Thanks for that info jlpdx. Not quite sure of the benefit of password-protected PowerShell profile. For others' reference, you can test if you have a custom PowerShell profile set with the cmdlet: Test-Path $profile
    The path of such profile, if it exists can be found by simply running: $profile

  13. #133
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    3

    Problem with ftp

    Hello,
    i run TC optimizer with optimal settings.
    My problem is that now i cannot connect to my ftp server via my router.
    is it a problem with TCP optimizer ?
    I have try to revert to bakup settings. I have always the same problem.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks

  14. #134
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by toto1515 View Post
    Hello,
    i run TC optimizer with optimal settings.
    My problem is that now i cannot connect to my ftp server via my router.
    is it a problem with TCP optimizer ?
    I have try to revert to bakup settings. I have always the same problem.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks
    The Optimizer does not change any port forwarding rules, there must be something unrelated if you can't connect to an FTP server. Regardless, I may be able to help, but I would need more information.

    Where is the FTP server, local to your network or outside of it?
    Can you traceroute/ping to the IP address of the server?

  15. #135
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    3

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    The Optimizer does not change any port forwarding rules, there must be something unrelated if you can't connect to an FTP server. Regardless, I may be able to help, but I would need more information.

    Where is the FTP server, local to your network or outside of it?
    Can you traceroute/ping to the IP address of the server?
    Thanks for your answer.
    I just solve the problem. it was due to a bad configuration of my router (wifi 5G instead of wifi 2.4G).
    Now, all is ok.

  16. #136
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    Great to hear, thanks for following up

  17. #137
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Hi Philip,
    They were giving me errors. Turned out I had somehow borked my Windows 10 permissions. Tried to fix them to no avail. Had to do a time-consuming full Windows reset.
    It is all working fine now.
    Thank you for your support.
    doing an in-place repair upgrade install of Win10 (from at Win10 usb install media) and keeping/preserving user files & apps would have also resolved the broken permissions problem rather than doing a "reset"

  18. #138
    TCP Optimizer 4.10 and 4.11 do not work with the latest build of Windows 10 Pro Insider, OS Build 21376.1. It is not able to read current settings. Even if that is skipped and optimize is selected, TCP Optimizer freezes.

  19. #139
    Administrator Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    11,004
    Blog Entries
    6
    I will try to install that insider build on a machine when I get a chance to test.

    Meanwhile, a couple of questions..
    Is the correct OS/Build reported in the TCP Optimizer? (at the top of the Window, in the title)
    Are you running the program as administrator?
    In admin PowerShell, can you run: Get-NetTcpSetting? Do you get results?
    How about:
    netsh int tcp show global
    netsh int tcp show supplemental
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Similar Threads

  1. Windows 10 April 2, 2019—KB4490481 (OS Build 17763.404)
    By MagikMark in forum Broadband Tweaks Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-19, 10:36 AM
  2. Enabling dc-tcp in windows 2012 server
    By indotech121 in forum Broadband Tweaks Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-16, 01:42 PM
  3. TCP Optimizer - Windows 2000 Server - How to increase upload
    By sebek in forum General Broadband Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-15, 01:15 PM
  4. When will TCP Optimizer support Windows 8 & Windows Server 2012?
    By enihcam in forum Broadband Tweaks Help
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-13-14, 06:46 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-11, 06:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •