Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: America's College Promise proposal

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Decline of our education system? laughs..

We get what we pay for and since Regan a lot of Americans think we pay to much to schools. That's another can of worms though.

so now I am getting tired of this crap, I pay my own way in life,and ,

I already have pay for other people's HEALTH CARE, but now I could be asked to pay for other people's COLLEGE,CHILD DAY CARE ? nope sorry !

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/...ld-care-costs/
    Last edited by Dan; 02-20-15 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    We spend more on education than any other country in the world.

Yet, out of the top 30 industrialized nations we are ranked 27th. Pathetic.

It's not a money problem. You could double the money we spend and it wouldn't do a damn thing.

Get that into your head.

Edit: This pertains to K-12 Grades.
    I would like to see your source, please. America also has a larger population than all but two other countries in the world. That is going to mean more spent on education due to there just being more people. Any good source of information will obviously take that into account, but because this is the Internet I would prefer to see the source of your information.

Also with it being about k-12, that would have significant different considerations.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

I thought this might be an interesting link to look at. Makes me wonder how big of gap there is between our higher education system and k -12.

http://cwur.org/2014/

Draw whatever conclusion you want. I am not posting it to make any points just thought it was an interesting chart.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    I would like to see your source, please. America also has a larger population than all but two other countries in the world. That is going to mean more spent on education due to there just being more people. Any good source of information will obviously take that into account, but because this is the Internet I would prefer to see the source of your information.

Also with it being about k-12, that would have significant different considerations.
    Per capita.
    The money spent per student is the highest in the world with crappy results.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    I thought this might be an interesting link to look at. Makes me wonder how big of gap there is between our higher education system and k -12.

http://cwur.org/2014/

Draw whatever conclusion you want. I am not posting it to make any points just thought it was an interesting chart.
    I don't disagree that colleges are ranked high world wide.

What I am saying is that the K-12 schools do not provide an adequate education for students looking to go to college. They provide a piss-poor education for real life in my opinion.

Why do you think there are so many people from India and Asian countries going to USA colleges and becoming successful? They teach math and sciences.

We teach that everyone has to be the same so we lower the standards to the lowest common denominator.

Enough said.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...eading-science

Sorry I was wrong, we are 29th in math and science.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

SlyOneDoofy, correct me if I am wrong, but your article is not about community college? But 15 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    We pay too much for the results we get.

It's like paying $100,000 for a Ford Focus.

humm statistics show otherwise in different states. True that some states have a huge dollar figure per kid and that begs the question as to why kids aren't doing better. Idaho pays their educators less than any other state in the Union but one..and fund the districts a bit different than most states so some districts get more money per student and guess what? Those precients get a better return generally on their investments. Depending of course on the politics of that county. Guess where we sit on the totem pole of kids graduating high school or even going on to collage?

Again that's a huge myth..as it depends on the state and even the particular school district.
    Crappy results? You're spot on... we get what we pay for.
    Last edited by downhill; 02-26-15 at 11:25 AM.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.