Thread: Woah...

Woah...

I'm finally getting with the times. Got a new flat screen TV, just ordered my computer today and will get it on Thursday and Saturday, I am having Cable come to set me with with their 3 in 1 service.

Gonna get rid of my Iphone. No more cell phones for me. I'm done.

Nice! Maybe I should have you have a chat with my pops. He has never even pushed the power button on a PC. Actually, he still uses pencil and paper for all of his jobs (construction).

can we still do face time without a cell phone?

XD

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Hey Debs
    Hope you're doing well.

Congrats on ditching the cell phone.
    I'm still the only person I know without one.

No need. I'm either at home or at work, and can be reached easily at either place.

Good for you ma'am, I've been wanting to that also but as of now I can't. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I'm finally getting with the times. Got a new flat screen TV, just ordered my computer today and will get it on Thursday and Saturday, I am having Cable come to set me with with their 3 in 1 service.

Gonna get rid of my Iphone. No more cell phones for me. I'm done.
    What... no cell phone, do you need to see a doctor?

I think they have one here.

Hi Debbie

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Debbie

I have had the same cell phone for many, many years. Each year i buy a $100 bucks worth of minutes from Bell and it stays mostly in my truck for emergencies only. i never have turned it on as i only keep it in case of car trouble or for some reason need to call someone when away from home. Works great for peace of mind on the road.

You'll love your new TV as they have improved dramatically over the last couple of years & nothing like a new computer to keep you busy.

Enjoy your toys.

---

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    Congratulations Debbie

I have had the same cell phone for many, many years. Each year i buy a $100 bucks worth of minutes from Bell and it stays mostly in my truck for emergencies only. i never have turned it on as i only keep it in case of car trouble or for some reason need to call someone when away from home. Works great for peace of mind on the road.

You'll love your new TV as they have improved dramatically over the last couple of years & nothing like a new computer to keep you busy.

Enjoy your toys.

---

Larry
    You are right about the TV Larry! HUGE difference.

As for the cell phones:

1. some people chose only to text and never call. Now if they need to contact me, they have to call.

2. I am not one of those people with her smart phone in her face when commuting. You have to see all of these people. The remind me of zombies!!!

3. I made a promise to myself that when next person who asks me why I did not pick up my phone when they called, I would get rid of it. Hell, I turn off the sound and it is buried in my bag.

4. We survived when we had a landline and answering machine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    You are right about the TV Larry! HUGE difference.

As for the cell phones:

1. some people chose only to text and never call. Now if they need to contact me, they have to call.

2. I am not one of those people with her smart phone in her face when commuting. You have to see all of these people. The remind me of zombies!!!

3. I made a promise to myself that when next person who asks me why I did not pick up my phone when they called, I would get rid of it. Hell, I turn off the sound and it is buried in my bag.

4. We survived when we had a landline and answering machine.
    ---

Hi Debbie

Pleased your liking your new set Debbie

The only reason i got a cell was i live in the country and the roads at times can be bad and as i had gotten older and unable to walk any great distance i thought i'd best look into one just in case. Now i'm totally old and unable to do much of anything anymore so i hang on to the same old cell just in case. Used it twice for just that over the past 15 years or so. Once for a flat tire and once for a dead battery in a parking lot. Probably not worth the $1500.00 i paid for their service during that time but at the time it sure was great to have.

I know what you mean when people gather and they are gripping their cell phones like baby pacifiers for goodness sake. Their thumbs are either twitching or their faces are glued to the screen. The dumbest i seen was at my mom's condo when one husband called his wife in the next room. How lazy can you get. Some of their bills are ridiculous imho. Like you it makes little sense to me either.

Have a terrific day.

Larry

Haha. I just got my first smart phone. Had a flip phone for the last 12 years with no camera either. Have not had a land line since my first pocket cell phone.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

If it wasn't for my job supplying my cell phone I wouldn't have one.

Well I'm never home.

So I do use my Smart Phone for Internet Access. (Hotspot)

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    ---

Hi Debbie

Pleased your liking your new set Debbie

The only reason i got a cell was i live in the country and the roads at times can be bad and as i had gotten older and unable to walk any great distance i thought i'd best look into one just in case. Now i'm totally old and unable to do much of anything anymore so i hang on to the same old cell just in case. Used it twice for just that over the past 15 years or so. Once for a flat tire and once for a dead battery in a parking lot. Probably not worth the $1500.00 i paid for their service during that time but at the time it sure was great to have.

I know what you mean when people gather and they are gripping their cell phones like baby pacifiers for goodness sake. Their thumbs are either twitching or their faces are glued to the screen. The dumbest i seen was at my mom's condo when one husband called his wife in the next room. How lazy can you get. Some of their bills are ridiculous imho. Like you it makes little sense to me either.

Have a terrific day.

Larry
    Larry,

I will probably get a dirt cheap phone with a $25 card and only use it for emergencies. No one will have the number. I'll only use it for 911 purposes.

I have a phone,that's just a phone,and I like it that way.

I literately cant work or live without a cell phone :-P Good for you!