Thread: blu ray burning ?

blu ray burning ?

i need to know what is a good brand of 25GB disc for archiving pictures and documents ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817130156

are these verbatim ones any good ?

or should i go for 50GB blanks ?

Verbatim is the ONLY brand I ever have used for any cd, dvd or blu ray media. Pay a little premium but it is the best media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    i need to know what is a good brand of 25GB disc for archiving pictures and documents ?
    Pr0n?

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Verbatim is the ONLY brand I ever have used for any cd, dvd or blu ray media. Pay a little premium but it is the best media.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    Pr0n?

j/k
    LOL, no

[M]

so the burners and medium is coming down but is there any software to say.. copy movies?
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

404 Sanity Not Found PsykoPenguin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    so the burners and medium is coming down but is there any software to say.. copy movies?
    well I would suspect one could do it in a roundabout manner, AnyDVD HD and make it into an image then burn the image?
    "I'm like a lion on the prowl after prey"

DVDFab.

Blog Entries
    The price of external drives and having an NAS pretty much obviated the disk writing for me. I can readily purchase 2TB USB3.0 2.5" drives for roughly 100 dollars. With a capacity of approximately 200 1080p movies and pluggable into the typical smart tv, you are pretty much golden.

I still have Nero, but chiefly for format conversion that handbrake cannot do.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The price of external drives and having an NAS pretty much obviated the disk writing for me. I can readily purchase 2TB USB3.0 2.5" drives for roughly 100 dollars. With a capacity of approximately 200 1080p movies and pluggable into the typical smart tv, you are pretty much golden.

I still have Nero, but chiefly for format conversion that handbrake cannot do.
    I agree! why bother with discs, hell I would rather have 8 - 10 movies on a thumb drive rather than a disc. With so many media players and smart tvs or just go HTPC. I personally Have an HTPC and a patriot box office and almost no need for cable TV aside from live sports, I will likely ditch my cable provider when Live sports HD streams are a little better
    Last edited by Randy; 01-06-15 at 11:38 PM.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Blog Entries
    The movie is located in the bdmv/stream directory. It will be the largest .m2ts file. Handbrake will convert it to a .MKV or MP4 for you.

If the main movie is splint tsMuxer can join them.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche