Thread: MP3 writing program

MP3 writing program

Several years ago I had a MP3 program that would write a whole audio book to 1 CD. During my travels and changing of pc's I seem to have lost it and can't remember what it was called or for sure who wrote it.

I have a program from DanDan's but it just seems to be limited on how much compression it does and takes 5-7 cds to write a audiobook to.

Anyone care to give me a hint on where I can obtain the program again?

Tks

Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Appreciate the reply, but those aren't quite what I'm looking for.

I have some audio books that I have broken down into chapters with a total play time of just over 10 hours per book. One I'm looking at right now has 105 chapters and shows size of each chapter between 5,000-7,000 KB but they are somehow written on 1 CD-ROM and the books plays perfectly. Just can't remember the name of the program I used to write it and other discs.

Tks
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5799643_burn...s-onto-cd.html

I see what you are getting at. I'll try to find what you are looking for if the above doesn't work.

Instructions are for older version of iTunes than I have and menus and options aren't the same. Anyway it would write wav format and not mp3 so pretty sure it's not what I used.

Have a look at Goldwave ( http://www.goldwave.com/ ). Used to use it for editing single mp3 album files into CDs with tracks. I can't remember if you could choose the bitrate or not, but they have a free demo.

Lots of other cool features with it as well audio-wise.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Have a license for goldwave for many years and love the program. Use it all the time. And yes you can select the bitrate and method to save the programs with, but it isn't a writing program such as what I'm looking for.

Tks

Found a mention of it being done, but they don't mention a program that does it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6934275_write-mp3-cd.html

That finally led me to this method. Haven't tried it yet, but it may be what I'm thinking about.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...9170029AAGlCLY
    Last edited by rickoic; 11-16-14 at 12:37 AM.

Just use your burning software and burn a data cd.

I'm hoping its that easy anyway.

Tks

Couldn't you just use something like Audacity, combine all the files in order and then save them at a smaller sample size?

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    Couldn't you just use something like Audacity, combine all the files in order and then save them at a smaller sample size?
    Wouldn't work. Problem that writing as regular mp3 or any other format you are limited to 70 minutes of recorded time where audio books broken down to chapters or all in one can be well over 24 hours of files. Hopefully by doing it as a data cd I can get up to 7-8 hours on a cd. Making a book on 1 cd (if its shorter then 7-8 hours long) instead of having an 8 hour book on 7 cd's.

Have d/l'd demo version and tried it out. It does what I want alright, but have 1 problem with it. When I burn a cd-r as a data cd it puts a 0.98gb book on 2 cd-r's like I want, but when I put one in my player there is no sound. Wonder if there's something in the program that I'm doing wrong? Program seems very awkward to work with, but that may just be needing to get used to it. If you have an answer to my volume problem please post it.

Tks

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Hej,

for burning iTunes audio books to CD in mp3 Format I used the Software Audials Tunebite.
    If I understood u correctly (of what I am not sure ) this could solve your problem.

Hope this helps!

Cheerio

Didn't use the program to convert the files to mp3 but the program I used works the same way. Plays the book all the way through while saving it to disk Then I load the file into Goldwave and break it down into chapters. Then it's those chapter that I used to burn to cd.
    Able to see files on my computer when I open the cd, can load the files into Goldwave and they act normally. Maybe I need to check my player to make sure some button hasn't been pushed on it. Have a handy grandson that's good at that.
    I left a trouble ticket with the programmers so maybe they'll get me an answer soon.

Cherrio

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Nevertheless:
    Firstly you are installing a 'virtual' cd burner in order to convert the files. So Audials will not burn the music files directly to CD. You are using that virtual burner in order to convert the files.
    So are you able to listen to the converted mp3's on your computer before burning? And what does the CD say when you open it on your computer, I mean are there files that you can play?
    Plus the demo version only converts some minutes of each audiobook as far as I recall but that shouldn't be your problem as you don't have any sound.

Cheers
    Last edited by rickoic; 12-19-14 at 08:57 AM.