Thread: So... fiber optics.

So... fiber optics.

I recently went through a class and certification course provided by ETA Intl. to become what they call a "Certified Fiber Optics Installer". Apparently I passed the practical and written exams with flying colors, and my materials arrived n the mail today. Considering that there is NO WAY ON THIS EARTH that I am re-enlisting at the end of my contract (Jan 2017 can't come fast enough), I figure that having this certification might be helpful and procuring a job outside the Navy.

Does anyone here know anything about ETA Intl. or their certification programs?

Can't hurt to put it on the Resume.

Quote Originally Posted by marry smith View Post
    yuppp

lol huh ???

and why the spam link in your signature ?

why dont you want to re-up?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    why dont you want to re-up?
    Honestly? I'm sick and tired of the gun decking, lying, politics, and people trying to get ahead by stepping on you and taking credit for your work. And I wish I was jaded and saying this because I was a **** bag, but no, my evals actually prove it. They constantly rank me at greater than 4 out of 5 on the numerical score, but give me a promotable eval instead of anything higher because of politics and my Chief wanting to advance the guy he has over to his house to watch football games with. As an example. And let's not get into 3M and how we just hand wave actually /doing/ the maintenance instead of doing it right. Or me being the training petty officer, and constantly having to gun deck people's qualifications or risk DRB or CO's Mast... there's a lot of reasons, and frankly, I feel like the Navy is ruining my integrity and my good name. I /want/ to be honest, do a good job, and feel like I didn't have to compromise my integrity every day ... and the Navy makes sure I can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    Honestly? I'm sick and tired of the gun decking, lying, politics, and people trying to get ahead by stepping on you and taking credit for your work. And I wish I was jaded and saying this because I was a **** bag, but no, my evals actually prove it. They constantly rank me at greater than 4 out of 5 on the numerical score, but give me a promotable eval instead of anything higher because of politics and my Chief wanting to advance the guy he has over to his house to watch football games with. As an example. And let's not get into 3M and how we just hand wave actually /doing/ the maintenance instead of doing it right. Or me being the training petty officer, and constantly having to gun deck people's qualifications or risk DRB or CO's Mast... there's a lot of reasons, and frankly, I feel like the Navy is ruining my integrity and my good name. I /want/ to be honest, do a good job, and feel like I didn't have to compromise my integrity every day ... and the Navy makes sure I can't do that.
    I'm sorry to read this. My 20 year experience in the Marine Corps was very different. I busted my a$$ and was always rewarded and when I fell on my a$$ was dealt with accordingly. I was fortunate to have great OICs and even better COs. I did room with a Navy parachute rigger for a while and I know he was frustrated that his evals were perfect, but there just wasn't any room for him to advance. That has to suck.

If you are squared away, you will be successful Paft.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum