Thread: Implement windows XP TCP/IP settings on windows 7 ??

Implement windows XP TCP/IP settings on windows 7 ??

Hey.

Wondering if it is possible to change the TCP/IP settings on windows 7 to the windows XP settings. I have noticed that my net feels a lot more responsive on windows XP (in online gaming atleast).

I'm on a wired connection, and i have tried the TCP Optimizer tool for windows 7, but i still notice that there is much less lag/delay when using windows XP.

I have windows xp and windows 7 both installed on the same PC (dual boot) so I know its not a hardware related difference.

Any insight as to how i could make my windows 7 net responsive like in windows XP ?

Blog Entries
    Because different TCP/IP stack between XP and 7 so i'ts impossible "Implement windows XP TCP/IP settings on windows 7".

But u could try this one
    Reduce Gaming Latency (Lowering Ping) in Windows
    and
    open cmd as admin then type
    Code:
    netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp
    Reboot...

# OS: Windows, Linux # Browser: Blink, Gecko, Presto, Webkit + Squid + Bind

ok thanks for the response.
    i guess what i meant was whether i could apply the default windows xp tcp/ip registry parameters to windows 7, and then disable the new windows 7 parameters such as the ones in TCP Optimizer.

I'm acting under the assumption that windows 7 is largely built upon windows XP because i have noticed that many registry entries from older versions of windows can still be added and configured in the windows 7 registry.

So in order to achieve my goal, i would need to find the default registry keys for XP and windows 7 and apply some changes?

Ive messed around with the registry a bit and i think the biggest challenge is finding the actual registries entries that i need to apply to windows 7. An obstacle i have found is that in both windows XP and 7, there are default entries that are not visually present in the registry.

For example, i tried running TCP Optimizer in compatibility mode for XP and then set to ''restore windows default'', which would apply default windows xp tcpip settings. the problem then is how i would find the extra windows 7 registry entries that are not present in XP that i would have to change/disable.

I hope this makes sense

Blog Entries
    Like i said before, i'ts Impossible - Because Different TCP/IP stack between XP and 7.
    It's not just about Registry but whole OS System Structure and Parameter are Different.

For ur better understanding about TCP/IP on XP and 7, try this Articles :
    http://www.speedguide.net/articles.php?category=93

# OS: Windows, Linux # Browser: Blink, Gecko, Presto, Webkit + Squid + Bind