Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: members..do you think they are dead? deceased / no longer exist?

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Amro is an iOS (and rails?) dev for Mailchimp now. He's active on twitter
    Yea, We chat on twitter sometimes

I'm just a gamer, here to game, and show you the games I love. Stick around and we'll have some fun. -Brent
    Commentary, Let's Play, Walkthrough, Playthrough, Runthrough, Tutorial, and lots and lots of butt clenching.

It's fun to scroll through here and see these threads that dig up old memories. I met several members in person and had some really fun times during my more active SG years. I'm friends on facebook with a small handful still.

I'd like to give a shout out to my old friends from the Speedguide BF'42/DC Team! The old Speedguide Battlefied 1942 & Desert Combat gang was a riot! Many late nights with familiar tag-names and lots of laughs and good times.. I've never had more fun playing online games.. period. I miss those days and my alter ego, "KoldKillah", of which I made a point to stay true to the ruthless, merciless style that the name encompassed. No better way to drink beer after work than in front of my computer, headphones on, fully immersed in battle... until my wife would come tap me on the shoulder to tell me I needed to stop banging my keyboard/mouse on my desk after getting fragged because it was 3:00am... I was so into it I would not realize the keyboard slams were waking her up because it was late and I had no idea what time it was. Sometimes I would just get the infamous "door slam" and that was my clue that I probably needed to go to bed. lol

I don't game much these days, but a couple months ago I purchased the original FarCry off of Steam and played it through on hardest level, just beating it a few nights ago. It's been the first time I've really played video games in a loooong time! Fun old school game too. Now trying to decide whether to give FarCry 2 a shot or try some other old school classic single player game that I never got around too back then. Any suggestions? (Older games are usually cheap and run good on my ageing desktop).
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    PM / email me anytime
    Have another Funeral this weekend. Spring is nearby my friend and after this winter I will be itching to get out and get some land under my feet. Also a pint or twelve.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by koldchillah View Post
    I met several members in person and had some really fun times during my more active SG years. .
    Indeed...met some great people in real life....lemme see how many I can recall (and I apologize to those I may have not named...I'm going on 20+ hours no sleep as I type this)
    Yourself, Lefty, Ken, Philip, Bouncer, Meggie, YardOfStuf, BMED, MountainMan, AAF Stryker, MorbidPete, TinyTim, Roody, Noevo, Bala,
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Found pics of the first SG New England meet
    http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...et-at-Cats-Pad
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    I often wonder about Brembo...he was a trip.
    Noevo...haven't heard from him in a while. I met him at the SG Michigan meet.
    ScottE
    I know JCOS is still alive...see his stuff on F.B. But man some of his nights of spammin' up the boards was fun.
    MountainMan (met him at the SG Michigan meet)
    Haven't seen any peep from Meggie in a while (met her a couple of times at the SG meets at my house)
    Norm...although I think something happened with him.
    See Prey on FB (somehow never lined up to meet him although our paths crossed a few times)

Two fellow mods from years ago...John...although he pops in ~ once a year.
    And of course....Bouncer! That pink fuzzy bunny slipper wearing slacker! (met him)

Sito...lol...wow.

Knightmare

Axtrader

Jawz

Amro

...ahh...many others. So many nights where we'd have the boards get busy, and before you knew it..the sun was coming up.

Still around, I often think of everyone and the fun times we shared during those days. Glad to see some of you are still around and continue supporting this site. The past few years my wife became ill, and without going into detail, she passed away a few days after Christmas. I can only tell you from my experience, make sure you try to stay in contact with family & friends, and never forget to tell those close to you, how much you LOVE them everyday.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    The past few years my wife became ill, and without going into detail, she passed away a few days after Christmas.
    Aww jeeze KM....my deepest, deepest condolences.

I hope the next several XMas holidays are tolerable for you.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

[QUOTE=knightmare;2418396The past few years my wife became ill, and without going into detail, she passed away a few days after Christmas.[/QUOTE]

My deepest sympathies. I am very sorry for your loss.

Found pics of the first SG New England meet
    http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...et-at-Cats-Pad
    That was some serious fun!

I just reread that entire post. I forgot about JaimeR. He was a good guy too.

Anyone want a good laugh, go into the genforum archive and look at my girlfriend thread. I ran across members I forgot I had e-known. There are some others like saw my mother in law naked from prey.

*lurking*
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Watching you all. Always watching. -.- And MadDoctor, don't think I don't know. We have ...extensive records. Extensive.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-

Well look at that...My Slackity Slack Slackerson wakes up from his nap....still wearing his George Jetsons flannel pajamas, and fuzzy pink bunny slippers!

Good to see ya! Where'd your FB go?
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Thanks guys,

It has been a rough ride. I know everyone on this board has faced something in life that has challenged them. Glad to see that some of you have faithfully kept this site going.
    Hard to believe it was 12 years ago that I joined/discovered this place. Some really good memories, even the ones where i was on the end of the flame-gun..ha ha...
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    Watching you all. Always watching. -.- And MadDoctor, don't think I don't know. We have ...extensive records. Extensive.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-
    ...well crap.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    ...well crap.
    Name:  bouncer_smite.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  77.6 KB

Indeed...met some great people in real life....lemme see how many I can recall (and I apologize to those I may have not named...I'm going on 20+ hours no sleep as I type this)
    Yourself, Lefty, Ken, Philip, Bouncer, Meggie, YardOfStuf, BMED, MountainMan, AAF Stryker, MorbidPete, TinyTim, Roody, Noevo, Bala,
    That Roody guy is a real douche bag.

As has previously been mentioned several people are over on FB. I talk with Spammy pretty much daily over there.