Thread: Canadian Men Win over Team USA 1/0...Chance for Canada to face the Swedes for Gold

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Canadian Men Win over Team USA 1/0...Chance for Canada to face the Swedes for Gold

Good game!

Well played by both. Canada shut down the USA scoring machine with a near perfect game with short shifts, few mistakes and their defence was to forcheck and play in Team USA's end for most of the game.

Well done Canada.

Now the Swedes...Go Canada Go!

---

Larry

I all ready started this thread, should we have a mod merge them Larry?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I all ready started this thread, should we have a mod merge them Larry?
    Good idea it appears we both posted at the same time Lefty & I'm sorry about your Loonie loss.

---

Larry

It was a five dollar bet. I just said loonie to emphasize your win. I hope you don't take that the wrong way. I was just joking with you.
    Last edited by Lefty; 02-21-14 at 03:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    It was a five dollar bet. I just said loonie to emphasize your win. I hope you don't take that the wrong way. I was just joking with you.
    ---

So your talking 2 Toonies & a Loonie or 3 Loonies & a Toonie or 5 Loonies Eh! Lefty

I thought it funny and even surprising that you where aware of our Loonies.

No explanation needed my friend.

---

Larry

wtf happened to the US mens team? Damn, dudes.. shut out twice in a row? Ouch.
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    Can I just say it was a crappy time to get into ice hockey. I learned a lot. I always thought icing had to do with skates. I didn't know it was the length of the shot. LMAO Thanks google.

Blog Entries
    Can I just say it was a crappy time to get into ice hockey. I learned a lot. I always thought icing had to do with skates. I didn't know it was the length of the shot. LMAO Thanks google.
    ---

Hi Lefty

This may help explain some of the Rules in Hockey

Rule 81 - Icing

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26494

Looks & sounds complicated however by watching you simply pick it up and recognize most calls quite easily.
    ----

Larry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    ---

Hi 9mmprincess

In Canada they simply ran into a well coached team that did not give them time or space to set up for good opportunities to score. They also ran into a very hot goaltender. Canada played a near flawless game imho & Team USA gave it all they had but came up short.

Nothing to be embarrassed about...it happens. A very good, well fought game by 2 Teams not far apart in talent.

---

The Bronze Game was another matter imho. It appeared to me that Team USA having lost Gold, lost heart and did not make an all out effort to Win or for that matter to compete against Finland.

They suffered a big let down after the Canada loss and it affected them hard. Hockey is an emotional game with will being a large part of a team's makeup. A big loss like that can suck the life's blood out of a team & this is where someone in the Room has to step up and bring emotion and a will to win back into the air they breathe. This is where a seasoned veteran comes into play generally speaking. What did or didn't happen in their room will be a mystery to those outside, however the results where on the ice.

This might help to explain things in one man's view?

Jonathan Quick rips Team USA's effort in loss to Finland

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/22...oss-to-finland

I Can't wait for this mornings game for Gold...Canada vs the Swedes...should be a dandy.

Go Canada Go!!!

---

regards

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by minir View Post
    ---

Hi Lefty

This may help explain some of the Rules in Hockey

Rule 81 - Icing

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26494

Looks & sounds complicated however by watching you simply pick it up and recognize most calls quite easily.
    ----

Larry
    Yes Larry, I have picked up on a lot of habits they have. I have also started to be able to follow the puck which is a bit difficult, but as you say the more you watch the better you anticipate the next move. I am going to enjoy the rest of the NHL season. Cheers to you Larry!

Blog Entries
    Yes Larry, I have picked up on a lot of habits they have. I have also started to be able to follow the puck which is a bit difficult, but as you say the more you watch the better you anticipate the next move. I am going to enjoy the rest of the NHL season. Cheers to you Larry!

---

Hi Lefty

Seems daunting but soon becomes second nature. This is the best part of the season when every game counts and losses are unacceptable.

Enjoy

Larry