Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Well, that was interesting

Herschel: beheaded
    Governor: dead
    Rick: got the living sh*t beat out of him
    Lil' AssKicker: missing

Prison is shot to hell, fences are down, walkers have overrun the place.

I'm left wondering why, in all the months they've had to prepare, has the family not scavenged a couple sniper rifles and a few rpg's?

No word on Carol. Guess we'll just have to wait a couple months.
    Good show for sure!

Asskicker is still kickin somewhere I'm thinkin

Looking good

At least, better.

Carl's still a little bitch but I'm used to that, and his growing up is a lot different from that of other teens.
    He's finding his feet.

They cover Carl and Rick and Michonne, but still wondering about everyone else.

I liked it. I even thought Rick was dead at first, even though I know it's soooo unlikely that they'd kill him off. But when Carl shakes him and nothing happens, I thought - oh man.. would they really do it? But when he's all acting zombie-like I knew he wasn't dead.

Poor Herschel

I don't think Asskicker is dead either. It was a good ep, made me look forward to the next. I feel like there were a TON of commercials though, like every five minutes practically. I know the show makes AMC money, but come on.
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    I liked it. I even thought Rick was dead at first, even though I know it's soooo unlikely that they'd kill him off. But when Carl shakes him and nothing happens, I thought - oh man.. would they really do it? But when he's all acting zombie-like I knew he wasn't dead.

Poor Herschel

I don't think Asskicker is dead either. It was a good ep, made me look forward to the next. I feel like there were a TON of commercials though, like every five minutes practically. I know the show makes AMC money, but come on.
    I watch it w/out commercials
    Feel bad for Herschel, if anything I blame Rick (like Carl does) for ignoring the eminent threat of the governor and his brain-washed sidekicks.

I know Rick's tired and after losing his wife he's depressed, but come on. Why does he need a kick in the ass like what he got to pull his head out of his own?

Very interested to see what happened to the rest of the family.

Agree, Rick gets on my nerves sometimes. With his depression and his refusal to do what's necessary to protect the group. Like you said, i know hes lost his wife, but everyone in that group has lost someone. It's not an excuse.

Agree, Rick gets on my nerves sometimes. With his depression and his refusal to do what's necessary to protect the group. Like you said, i know hes lost his wife, but everyone in that group has lost someone. It's not an excuse.
    Agreed Everyone deals with losses in different ways, power to him for making it this far. But when others depend on you, being an idiot only goes so far. Should've been his head the gov took off.

Looks like Carl's finally growing up and "trying' to take charge. Kudos for trying, being a bitch doesn't help.

awww.. why do you think he's a bitch? I think he's doing ok for his age - he's supposed to be like 12 now, right?

I think the missing baby is with the girls that escaped and when they finally show what happened to them, we will see that they somehow linked up with Carol and Carol will end up protecting and taking care of the them and the baby so when they finally bump into Rick, Carol will have her way back into the circle of trust. That's my hypothesis so far. We'll just have to wait and see! Good start to the new season so far.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

awww.. why do you think he's a bitch? I think he's doing ok for his age - he's supposed to be like 12 now, right?
    I understand he's dealing well for his age, but the whole silent treatment thing (as his father, who just got his ass kicked trying to protect Carl, among others, limps behind and falls deathly ill) bugged me.

The whole, "I killed 3 walkers today, I don't need you, you failed to protect us" speech bugged me.

Sitting on a roof slowly eating chocolate pudding while his father lay dead (as far as he knew) bugged me.
    Carl's not a bad kid and has been through a hell of a lot and dealt with it, but he needs to get over himself.

Quote Originally Posted by koldchillah View Post
    I think the missing baby is with the girls that escaped and when they finally show what happened to them, we will see that they somehow linked up with Carol and Carol will end up protecting and taking care of the them and the baby so when they finally bump into Rick, Carol will have her way back into the circle of trust. That's my hypothesis so far. We'll just have to wait and see! Good start to the new season so far.
    That works

Episode 10 is awesome
    Spoiler below

You were spot on koldchillah. Not sure about the rest of it, but Carol saves the 2 girls and the baby, right as the crazy bitch of an older daughter is about to kill the baby.
    I have to say I dislike that girl immensely, almost as much as I hated the governor.

Great episode, might have to watch it again

Even more convinced now that the older girl did the burning, not Carol.

Do I need to start watching television on a regular basis now?

Even more convinced now that the older girl did the burning, not Carol.
    I could see that, Carol's a stoic woman and cares a lot for the girls. For whatever reason I can see her taking the blame, trying to cover for them (them? HER).
    Can't see what she hoped to accomplish by it though.

Good to see her again

Glad to see Tyreese and his sister, and Glen and Maggie all made it ok, and lil' asskicker
    The older sister just need to get walker bit, she's straight warped.
    They still haven't addressed who was feeding the walkers rats, bringing on the fence collapse.

Have to assume it was her, they hinted but that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisinCain View Post
    Do I need to start watching television on a regular basis now?
    It's a damn good show.
    I hate most television, but make sure to catch each episode of this one.

^yep. Walking Dead is worth watching tv for. As is The Americans

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    I understand he's dealing well for his age, but the whole silent treatment thing (as his father, who just got his ass kicked trying to protect Carl, among others, limps behind and falls deathly ill) bugged me.

The whole, "I killed 3 walkers today, I don't need you, you failed to protect us" speech bugged me.

Sitting on a roof slowly eating chocolate pudding while his father lay dead (as far as he knew) bugged me.
    Carl's not a bad kid and has been through a hell of a lot and dealt with it, but he needs to get over himself.
    I guess I just don't see it like that. I saw the "I killed 3 walkers today" thing as just bluster, trying to convince himself that he's strong and tough and doesn't need his dad, meanwhile inside he's probably freaking out at the idea his dad won't wake up. But he can't face that, so he deals with it by trying to act like it doesn't hurt him. We see it's just a facade in the end of the ep, when he starts crying and saying he didn't mean it. To me he's not doing that stuff cos he doesn't care, he's doing it cos he's trying to deal and doesn't know how to.

I love Zombie movies & shows,I have started recording "the walking dead" for this season,I have never seen it,will start watching it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I love Zombie movies & shows,I have started recording "the walking dead" for this season,I have never seen it,will start watching it soon.
    Start from the beginning. It's a great series

Slow at times, very intense at others, but always interesting and really makes you think.

as my dad would say whenever we used to watch a cheesy movie and he predicted something that was about to happen: "I should have wrote the script." lol

Now that Carol is back into the picture, I do believe the older girl was responsible for the burnings and Carol simply covered for her as you guys have also eluded. This will come to light eventually, just not sure if it will be before or after they meet back up with Rick and/or whether the girl will still be alive at that point.

Interested to see where things go with the new Abraham character.

I'm calling this out way ahead of time, and this is taking things way out there a bit, but I think this whole show will have a Wizard of Oz ending. Rick is in a coma in the very hospital the show started in, perhaps a very long coma. When people are in a coma, visiting family members and close friends will often still sit and talk to them as if they can hear them... and they tell Rick stories about people they meet and things they've done, etc etc.. These are fragments in Rick's coma-brain / perpetual nightmare and when someone is killed off in the nightmare zombie world, its as if the person visiting Rick either stopped talking about them and/or the friend/visitor stopped visiting. Some characters may even be based on nurses/doctors (Herschel?) that cared for him during his coma. Having said that, Rick is the only character I believe to be immune from death. Pretty much everyone else is open game at some point, with the most beloved characters going away during the final episodes of the final season and/or depending on how early the writers choose for certain folks. If Rick dies in the dream world he then "wakes up" in the real world and we begin to find out the origin of characters from the real world and how they formed the characters they did in the nightmare. This would provide decent closure to all of us suckers that have been watching the show from the beginning. Then again, I could be completely wrong and out of line and everyone dies in the end and/or a cure is found and the opening scene with Rick in the hospital was just a random kickstarter for the show. but I doubt it. I still believe there was some major significance with the hospital scene in the beginning. We'll see.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru