Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 4

Walking Dead Season 4 ***SPOILERS***

Looking pretty good so far

A good job with suspense, each new episode answers some questions but creates many more.
    Last edited by Humboldt; 11-04-13 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Looking pretty good so far

A good job with suspense, each new episode answers some questions but creates many more.
    yes, like who is feeding the rats to the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post
    yes, like who is feeding the rats to the dead?
    Exactly

Although I have to wonder why, if they've been noticing the build-up for a while, the hell didn't they do something sooner?

Re-enforce the fence more, burn them off, draw them away sooner, shoot them from the towers before they get to the fence?

I know shooting would draw more, but they can take whatever supplies they need to build more barriers.

Exactly

Although I have to wonder why, if they've been noticing the build-up for a while, the hell didn't they do something sooner?

Re-enforce the fence more, burn them off, draw them away sooner, shoot them from the towers before they get to the fence?

I know shooting would draw more, but they can take whatever supplies they need to build more barriers.
    Yup, I really thought he was going to set the hurd on fire the way he looked at the gas can, But I guess they were busy with the other 2 in the back.
    I would start sleeping with the cell doors closed

In a situation like that I think I'd build a tower away from the grounds.
    Add something to make noise to draw them to me, like the walker pit the governor used.

Cinder block on a rope. Drop it and smash a head, haul it up again.

2 or 3 people could do that all day

Hell, find a cherry picker and driver to a new spot each day so the bodies don't build up.

In a situation like that I think I'd build a tower away from the grounds.
    Add something to make noise to draw them to me, like the walker pit the governor used.

Cinder block on a rope. Drop it and smash a head, haul it up again.

2 or 3 people could do that all day

Hell, find a cherry picker and driver to a new spot each day so the bodies don't build up.
    good ideas for sure but then you wouldn't have the drama of the walkers breaking down the fence and having an eating frenzy

that's a great idea Humboldt

I'm digging this season so far. I'm just glad no more Governor - I was so sick of him. I hope he never comes back.

I thought maybe one of those two blond girls were feeding the walkers? Because in the first ep they were naming them...
    There is security in fearlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    that's a great idea Humboldt

I'm digging this season so far. I'm just glad no more Governor - I was so sick of him. I hope he never comes back.

I thought maybe one of those two blond girls were feeding the walkers? Because in the first ep they were naming them...
    I could see that happening. If they like them so much, toss 'em over the fence.
    I don't think the governor is gone for long, they allude to looking for him too often.

This is starting to be a drag. I see the need for changing things up but this prison sickness thing is just dragging on.
    People are getting sick, they can't stop the epidemic, don't know where it's coming from. I get it.

No action...which is what made it such a good series up until now.
    I'll keep watching of course but so far this new script/plot writer is not doing it for me.

The burning?
    I think Carol or Maggie's sister.
    Last edited by Humboldt; 10-27-13 at 11:51 PM.

Doh! Carol
    Go Carol, all the **** she's been through, solid like a rock.

Thing is she looks like a lady friend of mine who finally succumbed to cancer after 5 diff types....tough lady.

This is starting to be a drag. I see the need for changing things up but this prison sickness thing is just dragging on.
    People are getting sick, they can't stop the epidemic, don't know where it's coming from. I get it.

No action...which is what made it such a good series up until now.
    I'll keep watching of course but so far this new script/plot writer is not doing it for me.

The burning?
    I think Carol or Maggie's sister.
    If the next episode is STILL all about the sickness, with no action, then I'll be inclined to agree with you. I wish they'd get moving again. First they were on the farm for what seemed like ages, now they're at the prison... there's only so much you can do stuck in one place, so they resort to crazy plot lines that don't really pan out (the Governor, now the sickness) for something to do, but it just gets old after a while. I can't believe this is the best the writers can come up with - flu outbreak! Two episodes, yeah, maybe. Not three, or four... I mean you've got Michonne, you've got Darryl, Carol's turned into a badass, the kid's kinda badass... and they're wasted hanging around watching people get the flu. I understand they want the show to be character driven, but that doesn't mean you can abandon any sort of actual PLOT.

I'm hoping that them hearing talk on the radio spurs them to pack up and get on the road. I think they've done everything they can do at the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmprincess View Post
    If the next episode is STILL all about the sickness, with no action, then I'll be inclined to agree with you. I wish they'd get moving again. First they were on the farm for what seemed like ages, now they're at the prison... there's only so much you can do stuck in one place, so they resort to crazy plot lines that don't really pan out (the Governor, now the sickness) for something to do, but it just gets old after a while. I can't believe this is the best the writers can come up with - flu outbreak! Two episodes, yeah, maybe. Not three, or four... I mean you've got Michonne, you've got Darryl, Carol's turned into a badass, the kid's kinda badass... and they're wasted hanging around watching people get the flu. I understand they want the show to be character driven, but that doesn't mean you can abandon any sort of actual PLOT.

I'm hoping that them hearing talk on the radio spurs them to pack up and get on the road. I think they've done everything they can do at the prison.
    Agreed Glad to see a bit of action at the end of episode 3 at least.
    Waiting to see what happens with the radio thing, and Tyrell/Carol.

Also figure that, as warped as she is, Maggie's younger sister is going to lose it at some point and something off the wall.
    Cute but warped.
    She's starting to sound like a Jesus freak, repeating the same mantra about everyone having jobs to do, over and over.

You get your new tattoo yet?

Episode 4...a lot better.
    Bit of action. Not a prison in sight.

Big bombshell at the end.

yeah, that bombshell... holy crap. The worst was when he said ::::::::::::::::::SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!:::::::::::::::::

that he wouldn't want her around his kids. Ouch - that would've gutted me. I think she just overreacted. She's been a victim so long that now that she's strong, she's overcompensating. I can't imagine the show without her tho - I mean I can, but it'll just be strange not to have Carol around. And yeah, this ep was a LOT better. Excited for next week now

Yeah, the show will suffer without her if that's what happens.
    While I understand why she did what she did, I don't agree it was her decision to make, nor to keep secret the way she did.

They still need to address her and Tyreese...who's been pissing me off ever since he lost his girlfriend.
    I can understand the grief and the anger, but between attacking Rick and Daryl at the prison, and busting through the kudzu releasing walkers, he's just being an idiot. He's endangering those around him.
    All his previous episodes showed him as intelligent and capable, though gullible. He's showing a new side now that I hope is a grief phase he snaps out of.

The kid with the liquor bottle? Should've just left him. He seems smart enough, hell, that's why Daryl took him along, but if his priorities lay with the booze they should cut him loose. He had plenty of room for meds in that duffel, knew what to take, and almost got his ass handed to him. Leave him on the side of the road.

Also the issue of Carol and the 2 girls, and Carol and Daryl.

I assume they'll try to integrate her back into the fold, but she'll be different and a lot stronger. Maybe she'll hook up w/ the governor and try to get some payback.

I'm not reading your posts kids, so you don't spoil anything for me, getting ready to watch it in a few.

Yeah, the show will suffer without her if that's what happens.
    While I understand why she did what she did, I don't agree it was her decision to make, nor to keep secret the way she did.

They still need to address her and Tyreese...who's been pissing me off ever since he lost his girlfriend.
    I can understand the grief and the anger, but between attacking Rick and Daryl at the prison, and busting through the kudzu releasing walkers, he's just being an idiot. He's endangering those around him.
    All his previous episodes showed him as intelligent and capable, though gullible. He's showing a new side now that I hope is a grief phase he snaps out of.

The kid with the liquor bottle? Should've just left him. He seems smart enough, hell, that's why Daryl took him along, but if his priorities lay with the booze they should cut him loose. He had plenty of room for meds in that duffel, knew what to take, and almost got his ass handed to him. Leave him on the side of the road.

Also the issue of Carol and the 2 girls, and Carol and Daryl.

I assume they'll try to integrate her back into the fold, but she'll be different and a lot stronger. Maybe she'll hook up w/ the governor and try to get some payback.
    I agree about the kid with the bottle. He reached for his freaking weapon over a bottle of booze. I wouldn't bring him back with me - he'd be lucky to still be standing, tbh.

Yeah, maybe Carol will go through some stuff and change a little, and end up back with them. I agree it wasn't her decision to make, btw. And yeah Tyrese is being irritating. OK, you're upset, but everyone in that group has lost people, and managed to keep it together - he needs to too.

Quote Originally Posted by cybotron r_9 View Post
    I'm not reading your posts kids, so you don't spoil anything for me, getting ready to watch it in a few.
    I added "spoilers" to the thread title a few hours ago, hoping to keep anyone from having the suspense killed. I hope we didn't ruin anything for you.

btw, I think I'm older than you kiddo

Getting better and better. although shouldn't they have taken out some of those zombies before they knocked down the fence?

I'm a little worried what Darryl's going to think of the Carol Situation.